Official LaserVue Owners thread - Page 93 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #2761 of 2765 Old 12-16-2015, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
After them stopping parts support of a one year super costly tv, I would never buy another product of any kind from Mitsubishi if it was only a dime! What they did was illegal and they only paid customers a fraction of the cost of the product that became useless due to their illegal act of discontinuing parts on nearly new product. They should not be allowed to sell anything in this country.
OptimusNeo09 likes this.

Bill Shenefelt
http://sheneskillies.com
william.shenefelt@verizon.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 2765 Old 12-16-2015, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Shenefelt View Post
After them stopping parts support of a one year super costly tv, I would never buy another product of any kind from Mitsubishi if it was only a dime! What they did was illegal and they only paid customers a fraction of the cost of the product that became useless due to their illegal act of discontinuing parts on nearly new product. They should not be allowed to sell anything in this country.
I have to agree. How they were able to skirt requirements to continue to provide parts after last date sale for - seven years isn't it? - is beyond me. Add to that all the ripped hides out there thanks to rip-off warranty providers and, well, it's been/is a complete cluster. I happened to really luck out with my warranty, if one wants to call it luck even, but obviously many others haven't. It's left a sour taste in me to this day.

If by some weird chance Mits does get back into this biz, I will do my best to ensure every online nook and cranny is informed how purchasers of prior models were treated (by Mits primarily), linking back to various horror stories if possible, and I hope others will too. And it wasn't just end-consumers that got the shaft; many resellers and businesses got burned as well, so much so that I'd be surprised if Mits had an easy time getting anyone to sell them again. Maybe East Coast TV's and Abe's of Maine would carry them...
post #2763 of 2765 Old 01-20-2016, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Add me to the list. I'm in Anchorage, Alaska. On September 30, 2012, I purchased a 75" A-94, wrote a check for $5,000. It replaced a 73" Mits RP that had given me 6 years of good service and that had replaced another Mits and another before that. All those TVs and many other products were purchased from a dealer who had been in business here for 40 years. Before I even took delivery, the dealer went out of business. I was assured not to worry, Mits would take care of me. A month later, Mits pulled out of the country. About 6 months ago, I began to notice issues, had to keep pushing up the brightness and contrast. You know the rest. I have no leverage. No dealer, no manufacturer, nothing. I bought a Sony 940c from Best Buy, it is spectacular. I hope it lasts longer than 3 years and I hope Best Buy is still around when I decide to move on.
post #2764 of 2765 Old 01-21-2016, 01:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
Add me to the list. I'm in Anchorage, Alaska. On September 30, 2012, I purchased a 75" A-94, wrote a check for $5,000. It replaced a 73" Mits RP that had given me 6 years of good service and that had replaced another Mits and another before that. All those TVs and many other products were purchased from a dealer who had been in business here for 40 years. Before I even took delivery, the dealer went out of business. I was assured not to worry, Mits would take care of me. A month later, Mits pulled out of the country. About 6 months ago, I began to notice issues, had to keep pushing up the brightness and contrast. You know the rest. I have no leverage. No dealer, no manufacturer, nothing. I bought a Sony 940c from Best Buy, it is spectacular. I hope it lasts longer than 3 years and I hope Best Buy is still around when I decide to move on.
Many people are purchasing SquareTrade warranties from Costco for less than $100 to add a few more years of service. We did that for our Sony 850C.
If your 940c is a recent purchase, you might want to look into it.
post #2765 of 2765 Old 01-22-2016, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
What was the name of the dealer from which you purchased your L75-A94 back in 2012? Do you perhaps have the current contact information for the former owner of that defunct firm? If so, would you be so kind as to send me a private message with that information? Do you still have the defective set?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page