Official LaserVue Owners thread - Page 94 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #2791 of 2792 Old 04-11-2017, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottm18 View Post
...unless you are quite handy with electronics, consider it unrepairable That's the whole reason for the laservue class action settlement entity. I just had to put mine out to pasture for a similar issue--darkened the screen over several months to the point of unwatchable. Then it finally gave me red light of death. I believe one of the two DLP chips went (service mode was bright as can be). I was able to make a claim with the above just before their january 25 of this year deadline.

If it helps any, the Sony 940d is still available with same size and has better 3d (real, not checkerboard) and looks very natural for an LCD. Or the last of the 2016 OLEDs do great 3D also. You need to act quickly though...I am currently deciding between the 940d and the E6 myself--both have advantages and disadvantages. 3D is a MUST for me--if people had actually tried it on a big enough screen, it would still be popular (and included today)
I am a big 3D fan as well. I didn't accumulate 170+ 3d movies just because. Everyone who saw 3d on the Laservue was amazed.

I didn't know they had 2 DLP chips. I thought they only had one. I did not have issues with the set until the last week or so. I called my local dealer and they have 1 Sony 940d new in box.

I may find someone who will play with the electronics but other repair shops have also called it "unrepairable" since they can't get parts.

Nothing in this posting/signature really means anything in the long run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2792 Old 04-14-2017, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hey guys, I'm cleaning out my garage and came across the original Mitsubishi wall mount for my L65-A90. No idea if it fits other models but just want it gone and felt I should check here before it goes in the trash.

It's pretty heavy but I just want the shipping covered from Los Angeles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page