Need service codes for horizontal/vertical adjustment on Sony KDS-R60XBR1! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 01-21-2009, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I recently had my TV professionally calibrated with wonderful results (perfect color, perfect blacks) other than the geometry. Unfortunately, he (the calibrator) had no idea how to navigate to the service menu (he originally said he didn't think there was one, as his company website, which was pretty darn thorough, didn't have any info on it), but when I managed to get him the "entrance code" from the internet, he said "Well, there you go, I'll have it done in no time." We then spent the next twenty or thirty minutes going through the (it seems like) 300 or so settings; we were unable to find anything that adjusted the following--horizontal width, horizontal position, vertical height, vertical position. There was a VPOS and HPOS, but it only adjusted the position of the service menu, not the screen itself.

I ended up downloading a service manual, but it doesn't have the codes themselves, just schematics of the various boards. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to read these.

I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me how to make these adjustments. The overscan is at about 3.5% and the center is a bit too far down and to the left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

XBR1 Owner's thread...
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=584936
The info you want is in there but you'll have to dig a bit to get it.
post #3 of 8 Old 01-21-2009, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll start digging.
post #4 of 8 Old 01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Microdisplays generally do NOT have settings to reduce overscan in the service menu. Some microdisplay Tv's do have user level menu settings to exactly fit or underscan the picture on certain inputs.
post #5 of 8 Old 01-21-2009, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

I should also note that I'm slowly finding out the calibration didn't go as well as I suspected (it's my first one)... I didn't know that I was supposed to get a pre/post report, so who knows if I got reference levels or not.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-22-2009, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
I recently had my TV professionally calibrated with wonderful results (perfect color, perfect blacks) other than the geometry. Unfortunately, he (the calibrator) had no idea how to navigate to the service menu (he originally said he didn't think there was one, as his company website, which was pretty darn thorough, didn't have any info on it), but when I managed to get him the "entrance code" from the internet, he said "Well, there you go, I'll have it done in no time." We then spent the next twenty or thirty minutes going through the (it seems like) 300 or so settings; we were unable to find anything that adjusted the following--horizontal width, horizontal position, vertical height, vertical position. There was a VPOS and HPOS, but it only adjusted the position of the service menu, not the screen itself.

I ended up downloading a service manual, but it doesn't have the codes themselves, just schematics of the various boards. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to read these.

I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me how to make these adjustments. The overscan is at about 3.5% and the center is a bit too far down and to the left.
The overscan you will not be able to do much about. That's the way the SXRDs are.

Unless you have the latest SM which was release on 7.2007 you might not have this page 25, but I have attached it here for your reference.

Pages from SM.pdf 17.4375k . file
post #7 of 8 Old 01-23-2009, 01:05 PM

Liked: 10
Where can I get the latest service manual for KDS-R60XBR1?

Thanks
post #8 of 8 Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppadon56 View Post

Where can I get the latest service manual for KDS-R60XBR1?

Thanks

You can try here for the next 14 days.
Reply Rear Projection Units