samsung led dlp no longer made what to buy? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 94 Old 02-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Zork, check out the HLS owners thread and there was a recent thread on HLS problems. Can't say you'll find anything to help but that's the place to start. Might give you some pointers to mention to the tech when he's there.

Even though we all want the latest in technology not many of us here want to throw out a TV after a couple years. And what's wrong with HD DVD, fire sales on existing discs and IT still works doesn't it!

2008 Samsung HLxxA650/Series 6 DLP Thread/FAQ
HD DVDs: 235
BD: 20
DVD: Too Many!

Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 94 Old 02-17-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mes444 View Post

If it's free, and you can move it yourself, than I'd take a used dlp. Otherwise, I'd get LCD. Just moving dlps often results in problems as their innards get bumped around and don't work correctly when you try to start them again.

I have one, never even move it an inch, I climb around to get to the back to vacuum, etc. Way to delicate a technology.

well i know he moved it from his apt to his new house that he currently lives in now and he hasnt had a problem with it???? anyone else have this sort of problem when you move your DLP TV with it not working correctly?
post #93 of 94 Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Moving anything big and awkward can cause problems. You certainly can get away with moving a DLP but like mes444 I don't mess with mine. My son-in-law wanted to test my Samsung in his media room but I declined. We'd have to carry it up the stairs, out to the pickup then into his house then bring it back. Just too many chances for something to go wrong. I've moved the stand out to change wires on my AVS but that's it, the TV is married to that stand.

Odds are that a high percentage of problem DLPs right out of the box were damaged in shipping.

2008 Samsung HLxxA650/Series 6 DLP Thread/FAQ
HD DVDs: 235
BD: 20
DVD: Too Many!

Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
post #94 of 94 Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM

Thanks, and you're right about HD DVD. I've got 2 NIB A2's in my closet ( 99 bucks each ) + my XA1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin2 View Post

Zork, check out the HLS owners thread and there was a recent thread on HLS problems. Can't say you'll find anything to help but that's the place to start. Might give you some pointers to mention to the tech when he's there.

Even though we all want the latest in technology not many of us here want to throw out a TV after a couple years. And what's wrong with HD DVD, fire sales on existing discs and IT still works doesn't it!

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page