my tv shuts down i installed anew lamp - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Mitsubishi wd-62525 and I am having trouble with the lamp, here is the story. I got this TV from a friend that was getting rid of, when I got the TV I opened to see what was wrong with it and found out it need it a lamp, I purchased the lamp got it a week later and install it. When I installed the lamp I noticed the TV was not turning on, and it made a clicking noise, that noise that you hear when you hear sparks the same noise that you get when you are playing with electricity or turn on a gas cook top. I opened the TV again and reinstalled the lamp and the TV started working with perfect picture. 3 months later the picture started to lose brightness 2 weeks after that the TV was very dark and you could not watch TV it was too dark, so I removed the lamp and reinstalled it, the picture was the same, dark. After a few days when I turned on the TV, the TV started to make the same noise it made at the beginning the spark noise and then showed the red lamp light, after that I noticed that the spark noise was the lamp making a very low flashing light and then shut off. The TV never turned on after that just sound.
I purchased another lamp installed it and it worked right up for about hour, after that the TV suddenly turned off and the red lamp light appeared, when I tried to diagnose the problem (I removed the lamp door) I see that when I turn on the TV, the lamp turn on for 5 seconds then off then on for 5 seconds then off then on for 5 seconds then off and then the red light appears
I was reading the previous posts and checked the capacitors to see if they were swelled or leaking and they are ok
Any kind of information is greatly appreciated
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-20-2009, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm just gonna take a stab at a response so I apologize if it's stupid.

is the outlet you are plugging the TV into properly grounded? do you have other equipment on the same outlet?

have you unplugged the TV and inspected to make sure the outlet didn't short out?

just throwing stuff out there, I really don't know what to say but thought I'd give it a shot.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page