Official 2008 Samsung HL61A750/HL67A750 LED DLP Settings and Calibration Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 561 Old 03-21-2010, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes, that is about right. To make it lower, you will be crushing blacks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 561 Old 03-25-2010, 09:42 PM

Liked: 10
(Stupid?)Question: Will a POWER OUTAGE ever affect the SM settings after they've been saved?

I have Lee's settings and my power went out here due to a storm and was out for about 2hrs or so before coming back on. The TV still looks a little off compared to what it did (I believe), but I didn't enter the SM to verify it.

Just wondering if the SM will ever go back to default after being unplugged/without power for an extended period of time and, if so, how long before that happens.
post #543 of 561 Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSteve82 View Post

(Stupid?)Question: Will a POWER OUTAGE ever affect the SM settings after they've been saved?

I have Lee's settings and my power went out here due to a storm and was out for about 2hrs or so before coming back on. The TV still looks a little off compared to what it did (I believe), but I didn't enter the SM to verify it.

Just wondering if the SM will ever go back to default after being unplugged/without power for an extended period of time and, if so, how long before that happens.

The service menu shouldn't unless you do a reset. The user menu will
however .
post #544 of 561 Old 03-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahull View Post

The service menu shouldn't unless you do a reset. The user menu will
however .

Alright, thanks! I don't guess it was off long enough to reset the user menus as all my settings were still in there. Anyone know the time it takes to be without power before the UM resets?
post #545 of 561 Old 03-26-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Alright, thanks! I don't guess it was off long enough to reset the user menus as all my settings were still in there. Anyone know the time it takes to be without power before the UM resets?

As soon as it turns off either by you or power loss. It will go to dynamic and default settings.
post #546 of 561 Old 03-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahull View Post

As soon as it turns off either by you or power loss. It will go to dynamic and default settings.

So you're saying it defaults to the factory settings immediately upon power loss or being unplugged? That definitely wasn't the case here as it was without power for over 2hrs and retained all my UM settings once the power came back on. My previous TV would retain the settings for 24hrs with no power, was just curious about this one and the SM settings.
post #547 of 561 Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:

So you're saying it defaults to the factory settings immediately upon power loss or being unplugged? That definitely wasn't the case here as it was without power for over 2hrs and retained all my UM settings once the power came back on. My previous TV would retain the settings for 24hrs with no power, was just curious about this one and the SM settings.

Depends on your settings. If using CALIBRATE mode settings don't
change as all settings are locked in the SERVICE MENU when selecting
CALIBRATE in SERVICE MENU'S EXPERT SETTING menu. Otherwise
it changes to DYNAMIC'S default when power on. Forgot you said you
were using Lee's settings which is CALIBRATE. Settings won't change.
post #548 of 561 Old 06-29-2011, 11:37 AM

I got a High-end PC with Dual Geforce 295 in sli using updated nvidia drivers...

Anyways I noticed calibrations and recommended settings, but didn't really see anything for PC (except someone mentioning to used HDMI 3 and change source name to "PC").

Anyways, I'm sure some of you use this TV as your Media Center and/or PC. So any recommended settings, etc would be great.

Thanks.

NOTE: If there is a better thread I should post this, please let me know.

Mitsubishi WD-73640 3D DLP HDTV | Pioneer VSX-1121-K 7.2 A/V Receiver | BIC America Formula F-12 Sub | JBL Studio 190x2 , 180x2, 130x2 (Rear Surrounds), 120c Speakers | Intel DX58SO | I7 975 @ 3.3Ghz | Windows 8.1 64bit
post #549 of 561 Old 06-29-2011, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeener71
I got a High-end PC with Dual Geforce 295 in sli using updated nvidia drivers...

Anyways I noticed calibrations and recommended settings, but didn't really see anything for PC (except someone mentioning to used HDMI 3 and change source name to "PC").

Anyways, I'm sure some of you use this TV as your Media Center and/or PC. So any recommended settings, etc would be great.

Thanks.

There is another thread called "2008 Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP Owners Thread and FAQ". It is more active at this point.
post #550 of 561 Old 06-30-2011, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeener71 View Post

Thanks.

I posted a thread on undocumented 75hz settings with 750A1F DLP.

You must use the DB15 connector, As HDMI is limited and you do not need to change the name with the HDMI3 port.

You can use 75hz on most all the resolutions given on the VGA connector.

Though the DLP will not allow 75hz on 1920x1080 mode for some reason.

I tried to get 720 to work as an undocumented feature, it seems locked out.

So all other modes available for VGA do seem to work well with 75hz.

It seems that the tv is not... Repeat! Not down converting 75hz signal into 60hz.

So Euro Bluray will be played back in proper scan rate.

I ordered Dark Night in bluray from the UK and will test.

So far the highest resolution I can obtain at 75hz is, 1360x1024.

It will allow for proper scan line playback as Euro content has more scan lines.

I think this is an undocumented feature for US model DLPs, that may allow for Non region A Bluray content to play through computers properly.

Yes, my 2010 Panasonic 42C2 performs better than an S2 No floating blacks and keeps the lowest black levels.
post #551 of 561 Old 06-30-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Tech View Post

So far the highest resolution I can obtain at 75hz is, 1360x1024.

I tried this resolution, had to do custom resolution. When I test it...

I just get, "MODE NOT SUPPORTED"

then it reverts back to 1920 x 1080. I'm using the Nvidia Control Panel software (newest geforce drivers).

Mitsubishi WD-73640 3D DLP HDTV | Pioneer VSX-1121-K 7.2 A/V Receiver | BIC America Formula F-12 Sub | JBL Studio 190x2 , 180x2, 130x2 (Rear Surrounds), 120c Speakers | Intel DX58SO | I7 975 @ 3.3Ghz | Windows 8.1 64bit
post #552 of 561 Old 07-02-2011, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeener71 View Post

I tried this resolution, had to do custom resolution. When I test it...

I just get, "MODE NOT SUPPORTED"

then it reverts back to 1920 x 1080. I'm using the Nvidia Control Panel software (newest geforce drivers).

Ummm I thought you were doing 1280x1024.

The 1360x768 works fine, and is the equivelent of 720p in aspect ratio in PC mode.

Though all US resolutions for video standards are locked at 30 and 60hz.

All Euro resolutions can be set to 75hz.

Yes, my 2010 Panasonic 42C2 performs better than an S2 No floating blacks and keeps the lowest black levels.
post #553 of 561 Old 11-07-2012, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am reading the Greyscale and Color Calibration for Dummies info from curtpalme.com and plan to preform this calibration on my system after receiving my Oppo 103. Greyscale adjustment controls in the instructions are called RGBLowEnd, and RGBHighEnd. Does anyone know what the equivalent controls are named on the Sammy?

Samsung HL61A750
Harman Kardon AVR520
Oppo BDP-103
Dynaco A35 fronts
Wharfedale WH-2 Center with dipole rears
Wharfedale Diamond 10.SX sub
post #554 of 561 Old 02-16-2013, 09:14 AM

Hello,

I have a HL67A750. I have had it for about 5 years now. It has always had an awesome picture, I followed the calibration on this site when I got it 5 years ago. However, lately is seems to have taken on a purple hue. I really notice it in the whites on the screens (like lettering) and in peoples faces on close ups. I have messed around with some of the basic settings and nothing seems to effect it. Anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks.
post #555 of 561 Old 10-18-2013, 02:03 PM

I bought my Samsung 67" HL67A750 LED DLP in March 2009. In early 2013, it developed the left side shadow due to bad light tunnel.
Samsung replaced the entire light engine with a new one on 5/30/13. Problem solved.

Sometime in August 2013, I saw these on the screen:

I have left several phone messages with the authorized Samsung repair shop that installed the new engine and they don't return my calls.

Does anyone know what these circles are?
post #556 of 561 Old 10-26-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbon View Post

I bought my Samsung 67" HL67A750 LED DLP in March 2009. In early 2013, it developed the left side shadow due to bad light tunnel.
Samsung replaced the entire light engine with a new one on 5/30/13. Problem solved.

Sometime in August 2013, I saw these on the screen:

I have left several phone messages with the authorized Samsung repair shop that installed the new engine and they don't return my calls.

Does anyone know what these circles are?

I had this same problem with my first Samsung DLP HDTV, HL-R5688. Instead of circles, mine had rounded edge rectangles. The Samsung tech deemed it a light engine leak issue and replaced the light engine--under warranty.
post #557 of 561 Old 10-27-2013, 08:18 PM

I just got done with my annual LED Light Assembly cleaning. I was surprised to see very little dust, especially on the red LED cooling fins which typically has had more dust than the green or blue.
post #558 of 561 Old 09-13-2014, 03:30 PM

Question Aligning The Picture

Hello all!

I had to replace the motherboard and fans on my unit (I have a 61 & a 67) and have not been able to get the picture re-aligned - I can get to the service menus, but am unable to figure out how to get everything aligned. So my 61 has just been sitting unused Now the DLP chip in my 67 is going out and I figure I might as well try spending $200 to replace it, as opposed to spending ~$3k on a new tv.

Can anyone provide specific instructions (or videos) on how to properly align these sets? I have a copy of the service manual (thanks for the link in an earlier post!), but I just can't seem to figure things out - it's not the colors, but the alignment.

Thanks SO much for any assistance!
post #559 of 561 Old 11-22-2014, 06:52 AM

Overscan Adjustment through Service Menu

Hi, Glad to see this thread is alive and well since my HL61A750 still is. I replaced my DMD chip recently and it seems I have greater overscan than before. I re-did the install but it remains the same. I have searched the forum and gone page-by-page through this thread and the one related to the Owner's Manual without finding any mention of the ability to use the service menu to adjust picture size or influence overscan. Is this not possible?
Thanks for being here.
post #560 of 561 Old Yesterday, 08:30 PM

Overscan here too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laramie55 View Post
Hi, Glad to see this thread is alive and well since my HL61A750 still is. I replaced my DMD chip recently and it seems I have greater overscan than before. I re-did the install but it remains the same. I have searched the forum and gone page-by-page through this thread and the one related to the Owner's Manual without finding any mention of the ability to use the service menu to adjust picture size or influence overscan. Is this not possible?
Thanks for being here.
Hmm, I too have noticed overscan on certain sources and never thought about fixing it through the service menu-would love to know how too please!

Or would it be better to ask in the owner's thread at?

2008 Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP owners thread and FAQ
post #561 of 561 Old Today, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltraine View Post
Hmm, I too have noticed overscan on certain sources and never thought about fixing it through the service menu-would love to know how too please!

Or would it be better to ask in the owner's thread at?

2008 Samsung HL61A750 LED DLP owners thread and FAQ
The reply I received in the service thread said it is not electronically adjustable. Mine seemed to change size after I swapped out the DMD board. These sets have some overscan right out of the box. If you have not replaced the DMD board and are straight from the factory you are probably as good as you're going to get.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page