Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung Legacy 3D TVs are Compatible with Mitsubishi's New 3D Converter

If...You get the kit

3D TV Adapter KIT for Samsung 3D DLP HDTV

tru3d

Buy it for $ 289.99

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds View Post

Samsung Legacy 3D TVs are Compatible with Mitsubishi’s New 3D Converter

If...You get the kit

tru3d

Buy it for $ 289.99

Maybe we can do a power buy?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1261100
post #33 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:

If...You get the kit

tru3d

Buy it for $ 289.99

How many HDMI inputs does it have? In other words could you hook-up a STB, blu-ray and PS3?
post #34 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 04:04 PM

Got the BDT300 today and I have 3D! My daughter and I watched Cloudy with SSG1000 glasses and it was great. No ghosting or anything. You lose sync pretty easy when you look away but it will sync right back quickly when you look directly at the screen/emitter.
post #35 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRasta View Post

How many HDMI inputs does it have? In other words could you hook-up a STB, blu-ray and PS3?

One input - you need an external switcher.
post #36 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If...You get the kit

tru3d

Buy it for $ 289.99

This is BS! Same kit for Mits is only $99. Does removing Mits labeling cost $189 extra?

It's nice to see they're thinking of samsung TV owners, but it's not nice to rip off people in the process.

Perhaps, I'll just wait for a hack on the Mits 3D box or wait for another vendor to make the kit cheaper. This is just ridiculous. They should atleast include some 3d shutter glasses for $289.

I am not that desperate for 3D viewing right now, I guess.
post #37 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 PM

Liked: 12
you need the geffen detective also or it wont work with the adapter
post #38 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I waited this long, and I'll continue to wait until the price is out of the rip-off zone.
post #39 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Considering the technology involved in the Mits converter it is really worth a lot more than $99. Unfortunately Mits decided to limit it technology to Mits DLPs which I think was a mistake. A similar adapter box that only converts one 3D format to checkerboard lists for $500. Perhaps Mits will see the error of its ways and come out with a universal converter for non-Mits sets at a $200 price. This way they can profit for it rather the Gefen and a third party.
post #40 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferbradbest View Post

you need the geffen detective also or it wont work with the adapter

Is this it ?
http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8005
post #41 of 204 Old 07-06-2010, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourakind View Post

Is this it ?
http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8005

Yes
post #42 of 204 Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post

One input - you need an external switcher.

What would you recommend ?
post #43 of 204 Old 07-07-2010, 07:14 PM

I know this has probably been asked but I'm late to the game. I have HDMI3 labeled PC and when I switch 3D mode on, the screen goes RED. Wearing the SSG1000's you don't see any of the tint. Is this something to be worried about or is it normal? Are there any settings to cut down on this red tint?
post #44 of 204 Old 07-07-2010, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourakind View Post

What would you recommend ?

I don't know - I haven't researched this yet, but I suspect it would have to be a switch that is HDMI 1.4 compliant.
post #45 of 204 Old 07-07-2010, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRasta View Post

I know this has probably been asked but I'm late to the game. I have HDMI3 labeled PC and when I switch 3D mode on, the screen goes RED. Wearing the SSG1000's you don't see any of the tint. Is this something to be worried about or is it normal? Are there any settings to cut down on this red tint?

Without glasses the blacks on the screen have a reddish tint in the 3D mode. I believe it is part of the design since I have read about this on other 3D threads.
post #46 of 204 Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post

I don't know - I haven't researched this yet, but I suspect it would have to be a switch that is HDMI 1.4 compliant.

I've done some quick looking into it, saw prices between $40 and $250.
It's getting expensive to run 3d from say a Bluray player and Directv at the same time.
So far we're looking at a converter with Geffen and an external switcher.....
post #47 of 204 Old 07-12-2010, 11:48 AM

Ok.. New guy here! Thank god there is a thread for this TV i am soo mad that they discontinued the glasses for this tv. I built a theatre ROOM around this TV. I am not a milloinare and cant spell!!. I have a ps3 and a htpc i bought the nvidia kit and it didnt work i am bout done... what do i need to watch 3d with my ps3,tv,htpc? i am confused please help the newb!!
post #48 of 204 Old 07-12-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 View Post

Ok.. New guy here! Thank god there is a thread for this TV i am soo mad that they discontinued the glasses for this tv. I built a theatre ROOM around this TV. I am not a milloinare and cant spell!!. I have a ps3 and a htpc i bought the nvidia kit and it didnt work i am bout done... what do i need to watch 3d with my ps3,tv,htpc? i am confused please help the newb!!

To my knowledge you won't be able to do PS3 in 3D.
post #49 of 204 Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S Penny View Post

Just got my HL67A750 + Panny BDT350 + Xpand X102 combo working yesterday.

I see 3D!!!

Only issue is some ghosting - not quite sure what the cause is - much better in TV 3D mode 2 than in mode 1, but still present. It's not horrible, but it's there, and everyone can see it. I know I'm on the bleeding edge here (like I was with my HTPC and Hipix card in 2000 LOL) but wondering if anyone else has tackled this and has any thoughts on tweaks to address the ghosting with this combo.

If the ghosting were eliminated, it would be PERFECT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S Penny View Post

SOLVED!!! Found Joel's solution in another thread - rename input to PC and it's PERFECT!!!!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...4&postcount=31

OMG I'm a happy camper!

My display is an HL67A750. Today I hooked up a new Panasonic DMP-BDT350 Blu-Ray Player. My glasses are Xpand X102's. I'm happy to report after viewing the Panny Demo disc and Meatballs that the 3D picture is excellent. There is no ghosting, motion blur, or flickering. In fact, I'm now a little leery of the flickering reports I've read for all sorts of displays. When I look at a fairly bright light source there is noticeable flickering but none at all when I can see nothing but the display. With daylight coming through the windows I see flickering out of my peripheral vision only. Once darkness arrives it is no longer there. To make it all work HDMI 3 must be renamed PC and 3D Effects Mode 2 has to be selected.

The above is true regardless of whether dynamic, normal or movie (now labeled "calibration") modes are selected.

There is one thing though that doesn't bother me but it should be addressed. Rainbowing. With a light blue, yellow, or white background, especially on the outer quarters of the display, there is a definite rainbow like image. I don't know what causes it but it could be nothing more than the glasses. Those of you with other brands will be able to elaborate. For me, this effect means little and I ignore it and it goes away (in my mind). If you're one of those who wallow in deal breakers like black levels then you aren't going to like rainbowing.

I would love to see my display with another brand of glasses and if they don't produce the same effect I would buy them in addition to the two Xpand 102's I already have. Meanwhile, I'm happy the way things are.

Additionally, I was going to get a large 3D plasma for my winter residence this fall, but after seeing how good the picture is on the DLP I believe I'll likely wind up with a 73 or 82 inch Mitsubishi DLP.

Buzz

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #50 of 204 Old 07-13-2010, 06:19 AM

WOw thank you, its about time there is a forum that helps out, if i would of known of this one i would havesolved a CRAP load of problems sooner lol. So the only way to see 3d is through the panny? I thought there was a device that will allow the multi hook ups like ps3,etc.
post #51 of 204 Old 07-13-2010, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

My display is an HL67A750. Today I hooked up a new Panasonic DMP-BDT350 Blu-Ray Player. My glasses are Xpand X102's. I'm happy to report after viewing the Panny Demo disc and Meatballs that the 3D picture is excellent. There is no ghosting, motion blur, or flickering. In fact, I'm now a little leery of the flickering reports I've read for all sorts of displays. When I look at a fairly bright light source there is noticeable flickering but none at all when I can see nothing but the display. With daylight coming through the windows I see flickering out of my peripheral vision only. Once darkness arrives it is no longer there. To make it all work HDMI 3 must be renamed PC and 3D Effects Mode 2 has to be selected.

The above is true regardless of whether dynamic, normal or movie (now labeled "calibration") modes are selected.

There is one thing though that doesn't bother me but it should be addressed. Rainbowing. With a light blue, yellow, or white background, especially on the outer quarters of the display, there is a definite rainbow like image. I don't know what causes it but it could be nothing more than the glasses. Those of you with other brands will be able to elaborate. For me, this effect means little and I ignore it and it goes away (in my mind). If you're one of those who wallow in deal breakers like black levels then you aren't going to like rainbowing.

I would love to see my display with another brand of glasses and if they don't produce the same effect I would buy them in addition to the two Xpand 102's I already have. Meanwhile, I'm happy the way things are.

Additionally, I was going to get a large 3D plasma for my winter residence this fall, but after seeing how good the picture is on the DLP I believe I'll likely wind up with a 73 or 82 inch Mitsubishi DLP.

HL61A750 here. Just got "Cloudy" and play it on Arcsoft through HTPC. As wonderful as you describe with a Nvidia 3D Vision setup as well.

I have the same rainbowing issues too, as I have all along with gaming with this setup as well. I have not attempted to calibrate the set to reduce the rainbowing, but it is somewhat annoying.

Matt
post #52 of 204 Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

WOw thank you, its about time there is a forum that helps out, if i would of known of this one i would havesolved a CRAP load of problems sooner lol. So the only way to see 3d is through the panny? I thought there was a device that will allow the multi hook ups like ps3,etc.

Yes, you should be able to use the PS3 by using the adapter Mits is making for their DLP tvs, along with a Gefen HDMI detective to spoof the EDID from a Mits TV, so that the adapter will work. Tru3D is selling what appears to be both of these products bundled together, with the HDMI detective already programmed with a Mits EDID for $315 shipped. A few people on here are buying these devices to try them out with their PS3s and the HL6#A750 tvs. It is expected to work, but I would wait for confirmation of that before ordering it.

What was the problem with your Nvidia kit and your HTPC? That should have been compatible with your TV. Which video card do you have in your HTPC?

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #53 of 204 Old 07-14-2010, 05:48 AM

BFG GeForce 9800 GT 1GB Low Power PCIe
i hooked it all up and i did nothing red screen, and then it was like a split screen of what was playing... was i wrong i called nvidia and they told me it wasnt compatible
post #54 of 204 Old 07-14-2010, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

BFG GeForce 9800 GT 1GB Low Power PCIe
i hooked it all up and i did nothing red screen, and then it was like a split screen of what was playing... was i wrong i called nvidia and they told me it wasnt compatible

Well, according to their site it should be compatible for games, although it's an older card, and wouldn't be able to handle newer games, especially in 3D since it's essentially twice the work. It's not listed as compatible for 3D Blu-Ray playback though if that is what you tried.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-visi...uirements.html

Were you plugged into HDMI 3 on the TV?

I would probably return the Nvidia kit if you can though, as it isn't compatible with the PS3, DirecTV, or new 3D Blu-ray players (there's some workaround where you leave a loop of 3D material running on the HTPC or something like that, so the emitter will keep working, but it seems kludgy and you would have to leave the PC on the whole time) and I don't know if any of the other available glasses are compatible with its emitter, or if the Nvidia glasses are compatible with any of the other emitters if you were to upgrade your tv or something.

Enjoying BF4 on the PS4, bugs and all.
post #55 of 204 Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 AM

Well i tried the HDMI3 and tv and it just didnt work..
Im hoping to hane something i can go buy and use and be dun with it..lol
After watching avatar in 3D, it made me hungry for the 3d movie and game play. I did in fact get to return the kit thank god. I love this tv it has one of the best pictures i have seen. At least for the ones that dont cost as much as my home!
post #56 of 204 Old 07-15-2010, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 40
There's a "power buy" in the 3D thread that gives a small discount on this if we get at least 5 to buy from AVS. Just a FYI, if you think it is a rip-off, no need to comment.

Matt
post #57 of 204 Old 07-15-2010, 07:39 AM

what all does it include for how much,
post #58 of 204 Old 07-15-2010, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

what all does it include for how much,

$299.99

Mitsubishi 3DA-1 Adapter

* 3D Adapter: 1
* AC Power Adapter: 1
* Remote Control: 1
* HDMI Cable: 1
* Sync Interconnect Cable: 1
* Stand for Adapter: 1
* Approximate Weight: 1 lbs

HDMI Tool

* HDMI EDID Tool: 1
* 5V DC Power Supply: 1
* 1-foot HDMI locking cable (M-M): 1
* User's Manual: 1

*this kit does NOT contain 3D glasses

tru3d.

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

post #59 of 204 Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Well i tried the HDMI3 and tv and it just didnt work..
Im hoping to hane something i can go buy and use and be dun with it..lol
After watching avatar in 3D, it made me hungry for the 3d movie and game play. I did in fact get to return the kit thank god. I love this tv it has one of the best pictures i have seen. At least for the ones that dont cost as much as my home!

Connect the HDMI cable from your nvidia card to the HDMI #3 input. Select 1920x1080@60Hz. Make sure overscan is at 0% in the nvidia control panel. A lot of people forget that last step. You may want to run a custom resolution to make up for overscan, 1872x1056 should be good, but once again, make sure scaling is set to 0% (or turned off).

You should then be able to turn the 3D mode on on the Sammy. Hit the tools button on the Sammy remote, it'll be the first option.

You then need a 3D media player (such as Stereoscopic Player, or PowerDVD 10 for 3D Blu-Rays). Also, if you want to play games, you'll need a driver, such as the iz3D driver. Make sure to set the output method to "Checkerboard", sometimes called "DLP 3D-Ready".

Then you'll need a pair of shutter glasses. IO Displays sells a cheap pair for DLPs, which includes an emitter. A better pair, which don't need an emitter, are the Xpand X102s.

Currently testing 3D with Sammy DLP, shutter glasses, and HTPC
post #60 of 204 Old 07-19-2010, 05:18 AM

Mitsubishi 3DA-1 Adapter
onecall.com has i think that kit for $99.00
is that the same kit your talking about?
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page