AVS Forum banner

Samsung HL67A750 and 3D?

40K views 203 replies 66 participants last post by  johndeacon 
#1 ·
Cant seem to find the information anywhere so I am asking here.

I have a Samsung 67A750

What exactly would I need to do to view 3D content?

can I simple buy a 3D bluray or dvd and use the supplied glasses or do I need to buy a kit?

Do I need the Kit from Samsung?

Do I need Software or more Hardware ALONG with that kit?

If I need to use a PC, will my Specs work?

AMD Phenom2 Quad Core 920 2.8 GHZ

4GB Memory

Asus - M3A78-Em Motherboard with ATI HD 3200 780G

See less See more
#52 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/18898565

WOw thank you, its about time there is a forum that helps out, if i would of known of this one i would havesolved a CRAP load of problems sooner lol. So the only way to see 3d is through the panny? I thought there was a device that will allow the multi hook ups like ps3,etc.

Yes, you should be able to use the PS3 by using the adapter Mits is making for their DLP tvs, along with a Gefen HDMI detective to spoof the EDID from a Mits TV, so that the adapter will work. Tru3D is selling what appears to be both of these products bundled together, with the HDMI detective already programmed with a Mits EDID for $315 shipped. A few people on here are buying these devices to try them out with their PS3s and the HL6#A750 tvs. It is expected to work, but I would wait for confirmation of that before ordering it.

What was the problem with your Nvidia kit and your HTPC? That should have been compatible with your TV. Which video card do you have in your HTPC?

#54 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/18903346

BFG GeForce 9800 GT 1GB Low Power PCIe

i hooked it all up and i did nothing red screen, and then it was like a split screen of what was playing... was i wrong i called nvidia and they told me it wasnt compatible

Well, according to their site it should be compatible for games, although it's an older card, and wouldn't be able to handle newer games, especially in 3D since it's essentially twice the work. It's not listed as compatible for 3D Blu-Ray playback though if that is what you tried.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-visi...uirements.html

Were you plugged into HDMI 3 on the TV?

I would probably return the Nvidia kit if you can though, as it isn't compatible with the PS3, DirecTV, or new 3D Blu-ray players (there's some workaround where you leave a loop of 3D material running on the HTPC or something like that, so the emitter will keep working, but it seems kludgy and you would have to leave the PC on the whole time) and I don't know if any of the other available glasses are compatible with its emitter, or if the Nvidia glasses are compatible with any of the other emitters if you were to upgrade your tv or something.

#55 ·
Well i tried the HDMI3 and tv and it just didnt work..

Im hoping to hane something i can go buy and use and be dun with it..lol

After watching avatar in 3D, it made me hungry for the 3d movie and game play. I did in fact get to return the kit thank god. I love this tv it has one of the best pictures i have seen. At least for the ones that dont cost as much as my home!

#58 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/18908842

what all does it include for how much,

$299.99

Mitsubishi 3DA-1 Adapter

* 3D Adapter: 1

* AC Power Adapter: 1

* Remote Control: 1

* HDMI Cable: 1

* Sync Interconnect Cable: 1

* Stand for Adapter: 1

* Approximate Weight: 1 lbs

HDMI Tool

* HDMI EDID Tool: 1

* 5V DC Power Supply: 1

* 1-foot HDMI locking cable (M-M): 1

* User's Manual: 1

*this kit does NOT contain 3D glasses

tru3d.

#59 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/18904992

Well i tried the HDMI3 and tv and it just didnt work..

Im hoping to hane something i can go buy and use and be dun with it..lol

After watching avatar in 3D, it made me hungry for the 3d movie and game play. I did in fact get to return the kit thank god. I love this tv it has one of the best pictures i have seen. At least for the ones that dont cost as much as my home!

Connect the HDMI cable from your nvidia card to the HDMI #3 input. Select 1920x1080@60Hz. Make sure overscan is at 0% in the nvidia control panel. A lot of people forget that last step. You may want to run a custom resolution to make up for overscan, 1872x1056 should be good, but once again, make sure scaling is set to 0% (or turned off).

You should then be able to turn the 3D mode on on the Sammy. Hit the tools button on the Sammy remote, it'll be the first option.

You then need a 3D media player (such as Stereoscopic Player, or PowerDVD 10 for 3D Blu-Rays). Also, if you want to play games, you'll need a driver, such as the iz3D driver. Make sure to set the output method to "Checkerboard", sometimes called "DLP 3D-Ready".

Then you'll need a pair of shutter glasses. IO Displays sells a cheap pair for DLPs, which includes an emitter. A better pair, which don't need an emitter, are the Xpand X102s.

#61 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/18925802

Mitsubishi 3DA-1 Adapter

onecall.com has i think that kit for $99.00

is that the same kit your talking about?

You would still need the "HDMI Tool" aka, "Geffen HDMI Detective".

#65 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/18933222

So what do you suggest is next for me ?

You buy a Gefen HDMI detective, and then sneak into your local Best Buy, and hook it up to a Mits DLP to get the EDID programmed. I suggest wearing all black, a ninja costume would work well.

#71 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfan2005 /forum/post/18933643

I know it's expensive, but the RealD adapter is about $500! An HDMI 1.3/1.4 switcher is recommended so that you can use more than one device with this product. You can use your existing glasses.

The RealD adapter currently doesn't support all 3D methods, like the Mits adapter.

#74 ·
I have HL67A750 + Laptop PC + Panasonic DMP-BDT350 3D-BD + Cable HD-STB + DVD

Problem: Black screen via HDMI3 when source is PC or 3D-BD; however, HDMI's 1&2 are good, with PC & 3D-BD. HDMI3 presents HD-STB & DVD video great. I have tested the HDMI cable, it is OK. I have tried 1080p and other outputs from PC & 3D-BD with & without 3D.

I have run out of troubleshooting ideas! Why do HDMI 1&2 have good video pass through but black from HDMI3? Here is a strange wrinkle
- using HDMI3 input with 3D-BD + after disconnection/reconnection of power cord, I get an instant flash/splash of the BluRay video icon!

I have the full 3D kit; however, I cannot use it without HDMI3 input! I have gray 3D choice when driving from 3D-BR with 3D demo disk playing [with black screen - see above]

Is the TV's HDMI3 broken?
Is there a setup setting that could be wrong?

#76 ·
PaulGo,

Bought HDMI 1.4 - still Black Screen with HDMI3/DVI input. No change in the problem.

____________________________________________________________ __

I have HL67A750 + Laptop PC + Panasonic DMP-BDT350 3D-BD + Cable HD-STB + DVD

Problem: Black screen via HDMI3/DVI & HDMI1.4 cable, when source is PC or 3D-BD; however, HDMI's 1&2 are good, with PC & 3D-BD. HDMI3 presents HD-STB & DVD video great. I have tested the HDMI cable, it is OK. I have tried 1080p and other outputs from PC & 3D-BD with & without 3D.

I have run out of troubleshooting ideas! Why do HDMI 1&2 have good video pass through but black from HDMI3? Here is a strange wrinkle - using HDMI3 input with 3D-BD + after disconnection/reconnection of power cord, I get an instant flash/splash of the BluRay video icon!

I have the full 3D kit; however, I cannot use it without HDMI3 input! I have gray 3D choice when driving from 3D-BR with 3D demo disk playing [with black screen - see above]

Is the TV's HDMI3 broken? Is there a setup setting that could be wrong?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.