AVS Forum banner

Samsung HL67A750 and 3D?

40K views 203 replies 66 participants last post by  johndeacon 
#1 ·
Cant seem to find the information anywhere so I am asking here.

I have a Samsung 67A750

What exactly would I need to do to view 3D content?

can I simple buy a 3D bluray or dvd and use the supplied glasses or do I need to buy a kit?

Do I need the Kit from Samsung?

Do I need Software or more Hardware ALONG with that kit?

If I need to use a PC, will my Specs work?

AMD Phenom2 Quad Core 920 2.8 GHZ

4GB Memory

Asus - M3A78-Em Motherboard with ATI HD 3200 780G

See less See more
#104 ·
Ive read through most of the posts but A- i don't know much and its kinda of confusing, and B- my case load at work is horrable and i dont have a lot of time to research, so what im asking is does someone have a definate list of what WILL work awsome for the a750 for 3d. and last has been used and proven. And will it work in the future with a newer tv?

#106 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/19077527

Ive read through most of the posts but A- i don't know much and its kinda of confusing, and B- my case load at work is horrable and i dont have a lot of time to research, so what im asking is does someone have a definate list of what WILL work awsome for the a750 for 3d. and last has been used and proven. And will it work in the future with a newer tv?

If you only want to watch BD movies then get a Panny 300/350 BD player which will output checkerboard directly to your set. The only thing else you will need are DLP-Link glasses.

If you want 3D broadcast you need both the Mits adapter, the Geffen spoofer, and 3D glasses. This will also work with a PS3 after the expected FW upgrade in September.

There are other considerations such as splitters and switchers depending on your equipment.

What exact 3D do you want and is your AVR 3D or not?

Buzz

#107 ·
No i have a denon avr 790 i think ill have to look when i get home, I have a ps3 and a HTPC i built i just want to see 3d, I usually watch movies from a HD that is on my HTPC but use Tv versity and watch through my ps3. I would love to be able to BD 3d and all of my movied that r on my HD. It took forever top condence my dvd disks. I hope that wasnt for nothing. lol also what glasses would i need? THanks so much

#108 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/19098539

No i have a denon avr 790 i think ill have to look when i get home, I have a ps3 and a HTPC i built i just want to see 3d, I usually watch movies from a HD that is on my HTPC but use Tv versity and watch through my ps3. I would love to be able to BD 3d and all of my movied that r on my HD. It took forever top condence my dvd disks. I hope that wasnt for nothing. lol also what glasses would i need? THanks so much

If you're using a HTPC, you need a software 3D BD player (like TMT or PDVD), and glasses.

For glasses, I'd suggest the Xpand X102's.

#111 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/19103520

Ok well if i don't use my htpc what do i need so that my tv is 3D. It would be nice if what ever is playing through the tv its 3D is that even possible?

No, it is not possible. No 3D content, no 3D. There is no 2D>3D conversion feature on the HLXXA750 displays.

Buzz

#113 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounta1n /forum/post/19066754

You don't have to get DLP-link glasses. If you got the Mitsu starter kit, it would come with glasses and an emitter, and those would work fine. If you are just getting the adapter, not the starter kit, then you could either buy glasses + emitter separately, or you could buy DLP-link glasses. The only DLP-link glasses I am aware of at the moment, are the Xpand X-102, or the Viewsonic glasses (which I haven't seen in-stock anywhere yet, also have not confirmed they work with our sets).

The other thing to note is if you are buying a new 3D-BD player anyway, you could just get the panasonic BDT350 player that outputs checkerboard, and not have to deal with the adapter issues at all. In that case, you could once again either get glasses+emitter, or get DLP-link glasses. The advantage of glasses + emitter is that they would be compatible with the newer 3D TVs in case you decided to upgrade in a year or two. The DLP-link glasses will only work with DLP TVs (and DLP projectors). The DLP TVs however, can work with any kind of glasses.

I was just going to add a link to the panasonic 350 player at Amazon, and went searching and they don't even have it listed available new anymore, not out-of-stock, in-soon, or anything, just one seller with a used one

what glasses and what emitter are you suggesting? i was told by a kid in bb that the bdt 350 would not work on my tv?

#114 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/19104041

i was told by a kid in bb that the bdt 350 would not work on my tv?

The kid is wrong..

Panasonic BDT350 player outputs checkerboard

#117 ·
#118 ·
ok well can anyone tell me what THEY have and use that works for the 67a750 and where i can get the same thanks

those postings have little to NONE on the samsung that i own. its mostly for mits, thats how i bought a system and it didnt work, thats why i have come to this one because this is just for the sam67a750!

#119 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/19109266

ok well can anyone tell me what THEY have and use that works for the 67a750 and where i can get the same thanks

those postings have little to NONE on the samsung that i own. its mostly for mits, thats how i bought a system and it didnt work, thats why i have come to this one because this is just for the sam67a750!

I have a legacy Samsung HL67A750 DLP and a Panasonic DMP-BDT350. For glasses I'm using the ViewSonic PGD-150. They work fine with this setup. I ordered both the Panasonic and the ViewSonics through Amazon.

#120 ·
So I just got my x102 and I've been playing Pandora on my 67a750. The 3d works pretty well. The only thing I noticed was at times during the game the thing would seem to go out of sync. Basically the 3d would stop working and then sync back together again.

Anybody else having this problem? Or do I have a bum pair of glasses? Also what is the deal with no off switch? Its kind of a weird setup for turning them on and off.

Still on the fence on whether to use true3d's setup.

#126 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrox36 /forum/post/19130035

with the panny the only 3d you see is the 3d bluray disks right is there a kit that works with the sammy 67a750 where ps3 or HTPC will shoot out 3d so that just tied to a 3ddisk only??

The A750 series is easy to do with a HTPC. If you have an ATI card, simply download the iz3D drivers (free for ATI users). If you have a nvidia card, you'll need either the iz3D drivers (have to pay) or nvidia's own solution. Both work with checkerboard output.

The PS3 is a whole different thing. I'm not sure if gaming on a PS3 will ever work, since it only outputs 720p in 3D, which our displays (and converters) need 1080p.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.