Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2009, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGT0 View Post

I'm using Nvidion 3D vision an and both imagines are full screen if you close one eye you see the whole screen at 1920X1080.

That is what I meant by a 960x1080 image spread horizontally: spread so that it fills the whole screen -which you are supposing is 1920x1080p, but it's not.
Quote:

The glasses sync with the TV right lens closes 60 times and left closes 60 times so I don't see how the whole tv could be doing anything less then 120.

Read up on wobulation, specifically Mitsubishi's. It will help understand how a half an image (resolution wise, not physical size wise) at 120Hz means a full resolution 1920x1080p image at 60Hz.
Quote:

And as far as being offset by half a pixel thats way off even at the closest setting it would have to be a cm distance apart maybe a little less. Ctrl F3 bring the images together and Ctrl F4 spreads them apart untill you have two screen.

Don't confuse the two 960x1080 images of wobulation, with the two stereoscopic images of 3D. Wobulation explains the half-pixel overlap I am talking about. The "distance" between two stereoscopic images is not even fixed given 1 still frame: objects closer to you (in 3D space) are actually further apart than objects far away -that's specifically how our two eyes determine Z-axis distance. (And by far apart, we're talking about someone looking at a 3D screen WITHOUT glasses.) The spread you do with Ctrl+F3 and Ctrl+F4 is just a scaling of those relative distances (far/near) to increase the depth phenomenon.

3D is always about displaying two images. Some implementations use scan lines (every other horizontal line shows 1 of the 2 stereoscopic images). Some implementations, like the Mitsubishi DLPs, use wobulated images: two 960x1080 images, each spread out to 1920x1080, the second offset by 1/2 a pixel from the first.

I had 3D shutter glasses that worked with any DirectX game 9 or 10 years ago.

|
|
2011 Mits DLP owners: upgrade firmware to 13.06 to fix picture quality. More here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21726833
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I have a Harmony 880. What codes do I use for this remote? The 65C9 is not in the harmony database.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
A bigger problem with HARMONY is they will NOT work with the input selection if you have an AV receiver....

So the descrete HDMI1-4 codes may work, but lets say you have the AVwith HDMI-CEC in HDMI 1, you set "input 1-4" to match your Onkyo, Yamaha whatever, you CANNOT use your harmony,

So right now I have

Win7 MCE ->Onkyo 606b
PS3
XBOX
DIrect Cable Feed

All into Onkyo 606 ->HDMI1. USing the mits controller you "flip" to the HDMI device you want. The descete codes, which according to mits DO EXIST, are NOT working. They change it to "camcorder" not "input2" which is XBOX.

Finally they do NOT work with Power On/OFF. So DESCRETE code for "power on" will turn it OFF if it is on!!!!

Sucks
Old 10-09-2009, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

So what tv model do I select in the Harmony database to work with my 65C9?
By the way I have not calibrated the tv yet buy the blu ray picture is simply amazing!!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:27 PM

I have a 60c9 and harmony one. The ps3, toshiba A3 & d-tv hr20 input to a pioneer vsx-1018 via hdmi and a Wii to the receiver via component. I use just the one hdmi input on c9 and the harmony controls everything fine.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thhowl View Post

From reading this thread:
- Cracked screen
- LOUD fan noise (but not at startup)
- Perceptible high-pitch sound from bulb (but give it some time)

From owning one:
- Definitely give the bulb a week to improve colors, with less greens and reds.
- For near perfect "calibration" without a calibration: Set Picture Mode to Natural, Color Temp to Low, Brightness to "normal" = 31, Contrast to "normal" = 31, or 28, 29. Deepfiled Imager off.
- Don't expect Sharpness to do anything if Sharp Edge is turned off.

Others can chime in. Reading this thread -or just searching for each setting- is highly recommended while you wait.

So in other word make sure the Sharp edge is turned off and Deepfiled Imager also?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:36 PM

http://gulfdataelectronics.com/index...96cbd096ae1b9f

anyone know if this is a legit site by any chance? i just found this while doing price checks prices got my attention so I had to ask.

i wouldn't dare buy from here anyways with out knowing, plus its not a mits certified dealer
Old 10-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnola View Post

http://gulfdataelectronics.com/index...96cbd096ae1b9f

anyone know if this is a legit site by any chance? i just found this while doing price checks prices got my attention so I had to ask.

i wouldn't dare buy from here anyways with out knowing, plus its not a mits certified dealer

I tried putting to checkout on that site with an 82837 in cart. It says the only method of payment available is a "western union money order". In short, stay far far away from this site. Looks very fake. See screen shot. I was afraid to go any further even with my made up info.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrastat View Post

I tried putting to checkout on that site with an 82837 in cart. It says the only method of payment available is a "western union money order". In short, stay far far away from this site. Looks very fake. See screen shot. I was afraid to go any further even with my made up info.

ya i did the same thing , anyways I wasn't planning on purchasing from here, since I never actualy heard of this site before, and the prices were so low it rasied question marks. + i can find prices not too much more than those from legit sources, and ya western union i saw that , it was way to obvious. also the site is way to unprofessional to be legit. also try searching for something its endless clicking through items no specific search. also haha at your fake address, the munsters address
Old 10-09-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

So in other word make sure the Sharp edge is turned off and Deepfiled Imager also?

I have owned a WD 65-833, WD 73-835, and WD 82-837. I would agree with that on the former two sets, but the 837 looks great with these extra features turned ON.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

Is there an easy way to copy my AV1 and AV2 settings to other inputs? I just got a Vudu player and want to copy my AV1 and AV2 settings from my PS3 input to my Vudu input.

I usually wouldn't do this.... but bump for this question.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have owned a WD 65-833, WD 73-835, and WD 82-837. I would agree with that on the former two sets, but the 837 looks great with these extra features turned ON.

Personal preferences aside, the picture is more accurate with them off.

Steve Martin
former ISF Calibrator
If you can see my pixels, you are sitting too close.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:11 AM

Picked up a 73737 from costco a few weeks ago. Love the tv but I keep getting distracted with the geometry while watching. I've played with the geometry settings in the service menu many times now but I just can't get the 4:3 lines straight. They bow in in the middle. The top 16:9 line also won't go straight but it's not as noticeable. The bottom line is perfect.

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on if I should try exchanging for another one or if this is a very common problem?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4321 View Post

Picked up a 73737 from costco a few weeks ago. Love the tv but I keep getting distracted with the geometry while watching. I've played with the geometry settings in the service menu many times now but I just can't get the 4:3 lines straight. They bow in in the middle. The top 16:9 line also won't go straight but it's not as noticeable. The bottom line is perfect.

Wondering if anyone has an opinion on if I should try exchanging for another one or if this is a very common problem?

Before exchanging the set, put the TV into the service menu with the geometry lines on the screen. Then grab the screen frame at the corners and try to manipulate the screen shape.

Someone else months ago had a great idea about drilling a small hole in the middle of the screen and attaching fishing line. That way he could just put tension on the screen to straighten it out. Of course that was completely absurd.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:42 PM

Does anyone know if the 837's can pass through DD 5.1 via the digital coaxial output?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteV View Post

I have a 60c9 and harmony one. The ps3, toshiba A3 & d-tv hr20 input to a pioneer vsx-1018 via hdmi and a Wii to the receiver via component. I use just the one hdmi input on c9 and the harmony controls everything fine.

So how did you set this up? After hours of trouble shootying with Logitech they give up.

Are you "switching" on the C9 (the mits controller would be "input" then select the device) or "switching on your VSX?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Does anyone know if the 837's can pass through DD 5.1 via the digital coaxial output?

Only if you are getting OTA or QAM256 DIRECT. You CANNOT feed HDMI5.1 to the mits and have it pass it through.... I am NOT sure why. This is true on the high end ones also.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Yes if there are no HDCP constraints.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:

Before exchanging the set, put the TV into the service menu with the geometry lines on the screen. Then grab the screen frame at the corners and try to manipulate the screen shape.

Thanks. I've tried that once or twice and it does help a bit. Unfortunately if I go all out and get the other lines perfectly straight I have to move the frame corner/side crosses around so much that the sides get so distorted it's worse than having the curved 4:3 lines.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I like the drill a small hole and use a fishing line though. I mean WHAT?

Maybe there's a product idea for "As Seen on TV" in the making?

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
Old 10-10-2009, 05:46 PM

ok I know how to get into the service menu and all...is there a setting everyone is going with on this. in other words did some one put out a list of settings after the 73737 been calibrated? Or is it really set specific. I do see splotches in dark scenes. Is there a correction for this?
Old 10-11-2009, 12:05 AM

Hey all, check this incredible deal at electronics-expo.com

buy one of these great mitsu's (or other stuff) and get 30% off with coupon code LSCOLUMBUS.

you can get a 65837 for just over $1300. A 73837 is just over $1750. Free shipping too. I didn't try it all the way through but it looks like it works.

I'm crying right now because I bought a 65837 two weeks ago for $1600. Loving it though.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:08 AM

Is there a calibration thread for the C9/737/837?
Old 10-11-2009, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I just ordered my 65737 from TigerDirect yesterday. It was an open box item for only 1199.00! That was several hundred less than the other sites I was able to find. I can't wait till I get it. This will be our first HD TV. Neither of us care about being able to hang it on the wall so we went for the biggest screen size we could get for our buck. This is gonna be awesome!

Television: Mitsubishi WD65737 DLP
Processor: Emotiva UMC-200
Amps: Carver AV 806x/Behringer EP4000
Mains: DCM TimeFrame 600 Center: AT 453C
Surrounds: AT 251.1 Sub: Danley DTS-10
Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD655
Old 10-11-2009, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I turned off my tv last night and I noticed the status light was flashing. I woke up this morning and it still was flashing slowly. Does anyone know why it does this?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Cheers, I'm glad you weren't unfortunate in getting a bum one, or a few of them. I'd highly recommend you turn off the sharpedge, dark detailer (which is NOT the iris), and deep field imager. Check out a calibration disk to see how these all take away from the image quality. Sounds like you live near a good sized city if you have geak squad. Forgot that option and save your money having them come out to calibrate your set. You should check to see if any reputable calibrators are operating close enough to you- check around some of the other threads. You will get much better results and use your money a bit wiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrecool View Post

Mitsubishi WD-65837. There is no rival.
I've been researching HDTV's for the last 5 months and I bought a 42 inch LCD that almost made me turn away form HDTV's for good. The Standerd Def was grainy and horrible and my old games were even worse. So I started searching on Plasma vs LCD vs DLP. DLP won in every aspect. So then I found these AVS forums on the DLP's. I read all the pages on the 837 and 835 and Laser Vue and even asked questions all the while.

Now from my own experience I can say honestly DLP is the best tv around. What do want to do? Buy a new tv every 3 years or replace a bulb? It's a no brainer. No burn in, no color or picture degradation. Oh yes DLP won me over.

So I wanted to try my old games and SD stuff on this 837. After a long testing I found no flaws, and loved every minute of SD.

HDTV blows me away on this DLP. The Dark Detailer/Iris is awesome. Oh yea bright scenes are bright and that dark detailer is like stealthy and smooth when it comes to seperating dark from bright. It's like you are looking into the sky on a midnight cloud free night.

The color modes are excellent. Movies call for their own tint and sports and SD do too. So this HDTV meets all the needs.

I've told everyone I know about this 65-837 and now I want the 82 inch 837. I'm glad I researched this set. I see big differences when dark detailer and deep field imager and sharp edge are on. The video Noise reduction is excellent too.

The 837 DLP is not even calibrated. That will be next. I am gonna have geak squad do it.
By the way did I say this Mitsubhishi is the best tv and has no rival? Oh yes I did.

I like this set so much I am recommending all you LCD and Plasma owners to ditch the trash and save the cash and buy this set cause it's the one that will last far past the time those are trashed.

I'll be back after calibration and and other tests.
I am gonna buy a Atlona AV Scaler/Switcher so I can get the VGA & S-Video inputs I want and compare the Atlona's 1080p vs the Plush 1080p.
I will post my review afterwards.

Aye, no geometry problems either and all that.
I do want to try to turn off geometry correction for PC but I'm kind of holding out to see how that Atlona Scaler does first. It has Under Scale mode and maybe that will fix the PC's over scan issues.
Plus I'm not sure how to turn back on geometry auto correction yet either. So aye! Go get you an 837! ! ! ! Peace out y'all.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrastat View Post

I purchased mine from ABT like you did. From what I've been reading, these sets are quiet, so hopefully my exchange wont have the high pitch noise/ buzzing sound.
When you finally returned your last 837, what did you eventually end up getting? Because if the next set isnt quiet, I'm afraid I'am going to have to go with something else to my disappointment. I love the 82in screen size, but the noise is not acceptable. I know, as my sales guy already said, they will keep swapping it out but I dont want to keep wasting perfectly good sets if the problem is actually that I'm super sensitive to this sound...(which is unlikely cause Im 40 and my hearing cant be as good as it once was).

Sorry for the delayed reply. My 73837 is still setup at my home. I am waiting for the 73737 model now. This doesn't sound like such a popular problem. I hope you are satisfied with the next set, because it gets to be an annoyance packing and repacking these beasts
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I turned off my tv last night and I noticed the status light was flashing. I woke up this morning and it still was flashing slowly. Does anyone know why it does this?

Anyone?
Old 10-11-2009, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anyone?

I would try unplugging it for 10 seconds or so and then plug it back and see if things go back to normal (or just turn it on if you haven't tried that).

Steve Martin
former ISF Calibrator
If you can see my pixels, you are sitting too close.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezmo View Post

Personal preferences aside, the picture is more accurate with them off.

Co-Sign. An HD calibration disc puts the deepfield imager/darkdetailer/sharpedge to the wind. Turn them off for the most accurate picture.

Tags
Mitsubishi