2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 244 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7291 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Member
 
harleynitelite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

first post to the forum and I'm in the market for a 60 or 65 inch. I've been reading and would like to know more about the screen bowing issue. Is this something that happens over time or is it something that can be present right out of the box?

Since the 65 seems to be more prone to this I was just curious.

Thank you
harleynitelite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7292 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Newbie
 
Draedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, guys, I'm looking into purchasing a C9 for gaming in order to avoid burn-in on my new plasma, and I have a question:

On my LCD, dark areas in games (on both PS3 and 360) take on a blue hue and a lot of detail is lost. This doesn't happen on my plasma. Is it an issue on the C9?
Draedalus is offline  
post #7293 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Member
 
Slydragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got a question, I know how to check my lamp hours but when I finally do get a new lamp how do I reset it?
Slydragon is offline  
post #7294 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Senior Member
 
MarkEHansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydragon View Post

I got a question, I know how to check my lamp hours but when I finally do get a new lamp how do I reset it?

First of all, the TV doesn't have a lamp hour counter. It's a TV hour counter. I don't know of any way to reset it. I plan to just keep track of the hour counter when I replace the bulb and do the (simple) math.
MarkEHansen is offline  
post #7295 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Stew4msu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Wylie, Texas, USA
Posts: 7,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post

First of all, the TV doesn't have a lamp hour counter. It's a TV hour counter. I don't know of any way to reset it. I plan to just keep track of the hour counter when I replace the bulb and do the (simple) math.

What's the second part?

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

Stew4msu is offline  
post #7296 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Member
 
GreggyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draedalus View Post

Hey, guys, I'm looking into purchasing a C9 for gaming in order to avoid burn-in on my new plasma, and I have a question:

On my LCD, dark areas in games (on both PS3 and 360) take on a blue hue and a lot of detail is lost. This doesn't happen on my plasma. Is it an issue on the C9?

I haven't noticed it at all on the C9.
GreggyJ is offline  
post #7297 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
georule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageViewer View Post

The LCD I use is 60/50Hz and I've never noticed a thing. So I shouldn't be able to notice a difference with the DLP then?

Well, I have no reason to think you would. The TV is bigger, and thus more immersive and that might increase your sensitivity to judder a little bit. . . but that should be it.
georule is offline  
post #7298 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Member
 
NastyN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know how to eliminate or lessen the "pumping" I get on my 82837? It's starting to get annoying and I've had the tv for only 3 weeks, thanks.
NastyN8 is offline  
post #7299 of 11265 Old 05-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Member
 
AnAverageViewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

Well, I have no reason to think you would. The TV is bigger, and thus more immersive and that might increase your sensitivity to judder a little bit. . . but that should be it.



So let me ask you this. Is juddering a constant with viewing a DLP tv or is it something that simply occurs once in a while?

I can easily handle it happening once every movie but for it to do so every time the camera turns would be beyond annoying.
AnAverageViewer is offline  
post #7300 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
georule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageViewer View Post

So let me ask you this. Is juddering a constant with viewing a DLP tv or is it something that simply occurs once in a while?

I can easily handle it happening once every movie but for it to do so every time the camera turns would be beyond annoying.

It's going to be content-specific, and again I can only think to answer that in reference to your current TV in the assumption you'll watch pretty much the same content on your new TV as you do on your old TV. You already have a Blu-ray player? It's only going to happen on 1080p/24 content, which requires a Blu-ray player.

If you read thru the thread, you don't find much comment on it, which says to me that folks aren't finding it too annoying.
georule is offline  
post #7301 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 05:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
georule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyN8 View Post

Does anyone know how to eliminate or lessen the "pumping" I get on my 82837? It's starting to get annoying and I've had the tv for only 3 weeks, thanks.

There's some evidence from upstream that for those 837s which have that issue initially that it goes away as the iris breaks in. But others have called for service and gotten it replaced. . .sometimes the new one has it, sometimes it doesn't.
georule is offline  
post #7302 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
MarkEHansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

What's the second part?

Seriously?

The first part is that it's not a lamp counter.

The second part is that I don't know of any way to reset it.

Did you forget a smiley face
MarkEHansen is offline  
post #7303 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
DenisG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 914
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleynitelite View Post

Hey all,

first post to the forum and I'm in the market for a 60 or 65 inch. I've been reading and would like to know more about the screen bowing issue. Is this something that happens over time or is it something that can be present right out of the box?

Since the 65 seems to be more prone to this I was just curious.

Thank you

I just got my 65C9 and was a little worried about this also since I have a stand and center channel speaker right in the middle of the TV.
No issues so far, guess I'll deal with it if it dose happen eventually.
DenisG is offline  
post #7304 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 10:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gtgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,373
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisG View Post

I just got my 65C9 and was a little worried about this also since I have a stand and center channel speaker right in the middle of the TV.
No issues so far, guess I'll deal with it if it dose happen eventually.

Screen bowing or sag is an issue you might encounter right out of the box. I don't believe it is an issue that gets worse over time. Why the screen sags on some sets and not been explained anywhere I have read. I had a 2008 73" for awhile and returned, the screen bowing was one of several reasons I did not keep the display.

Just another blank signature.
gtgray is online now  
post #7305 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stew4msu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Wylie, Texas, USA
Posts: 7,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post

Seriously?

The first part is that it's not a lamp counter.

The second part is that I don't know of any way to reset it.

Did you forget a smiley face

First of all, I don't use smiley's, and secondly you started off with "First of all" and never stated your second point, which is usually customary when starting that way.

The second part could have been "It's a TV hour counter." or that you "don't know of any way to reset it." or that you "plan to just keep track of the hour counter when I replace the bulb and do the (simple) math."

Just curious.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

Stew4msu is offline  
post #7306 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Senior Member
 
MarkEHansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

First of all, I don't use smiley's, and secondly you started off with "First of all" and never stated your second point, which is usually customary when starting that way.

The second part could have been "It's a TV hour counter." or that you "don't know of any way to reset it." or that you "plan to just keep track of the hour counter when I replace the bulb and do the (simple) math."

Just curious.


Sorry it was confusing to you.
MarkEHansen is offline  
post #7307 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Stew4msu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Wylie, Texas, USA
Posts: 7,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
While I wasn't confused, I accept your apology.

Just doing my part to assist people with language usage.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

Stew4msu is offline  
post #7308 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Member
 
AnAverageViewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, so I thought I might post pics of our viewing angles to get a few opinions about wether or not our seating arrangements will work. The reason this is important enough to post pics is that there are no other seating options. We set exactly 11 ft from the tv. To the rear is a half wall and to the right a door and two windows. In the rest of the area there’s not even enough room for a 40" tv. Expect the wall the tv is already setting against. This wall will fit a 60 perfectly with only an inch to each side.

You’ll see a lot of lighting in the pic from the windows but I’m not concerned with it because I have curtains to cover them. I’m only concerned if the tv will show well from the two positions shown. What do you think?



My view when seated.



My wife's view.





I have only one other question and I think I’ll be ready to purchase the tv. I read complaints about the light show going on in the black bars of a letterbox. Isn’t there some sort of zoom setting that will simply rid the picture of the bars thus making the issue moot?

By the way I appreciate all this site has to offer and the many people willing to answer noobs like me.
AnAverageViewer is offline  
post #7309 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Newbie
 
Draedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggyJ View Post

I haven't noticed it at all on the C9.

Thanks!
Draedalus is offline  
post #7310 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Member
 
NastyN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

There's some evidence from upstream that for those 837s which have that issue initially that it goes away as the iris breaks in. But others have called for service and gotten it replaced. . .sometimes the new one has it, sometimes it doesn't.

My 837 was a display and got it with about 1000 hours on it, should I wait for the iris to continue to break in or make a service call?
NastyN8 is offline  
post #7311 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Senior Member
 
MarkEHansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 386
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by stew4msu View Post

while i wasn't confused, i accept your apology.

Just doing my part to assist people with language usage.


MarkEHansen is offline  
post #7312 of 11265 Old 05-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
cid67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:


I read complaints about the light show going on in the black bars of a letterbox. Isn't there some sort of zoom setting that will simply rid the picture of the bars thus making the issue moot?

blasphemy!!!



oh, and yes there are zoom settings.
cid67 is offline  
post #7313 of 11265 Old 05-24-2010, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
georule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyN8 View Post

My 837 was a display and got it with about 1000 hours on it, should I wait for the iris to continue to break in or make a service call?

That certainly should have been enough time. I'd try to find a repeatable scene in a movie or something you can show the tech when he shows up just in case he wants to see what you're talking about.
georule is offline  
post #7314 of 11265 Old 05-24-2010, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
georule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageViewer View Post

Okay, so I thought I might post pics of our viewing angles to get a few opinions about wether or not our seating arrangements will work. The reason this is important enough to post pics is that there are no other seating options. We set exactly 11 ft from the tv. To the rear is a half wall and to the right a door and two windows. In the rest of the area there's not even enough room for a 40" tv. Expect the wall the tv is already setting against. This wall will fit a 60 perfectly with only an inch to each side.

You'll see a lot of lighting in the pic from the windows but I'm not concerned with it because I have curtains to cover them. I'm only concerned if the tv will show well from the two positions shown. What do you think?



My view when seated.



My wife's view.





I have only one other question and I think I'll be ready to purchase the tv. I read complaints about the light show going on in the black bars of a letterbox. Isn't there some sort of zoom setting that will simply rid the picture of the bars thus making the issue moot?

By the way I appreciate all this site has to offer and the many people willing to answer noobs like me.

Those angles don't look very extreme at all. Not even 45 degrees. I don't think it will be an issue.

How wide is that wall between the edge of the door and the edge of the fireplace? Did you check the spec sheet for the width of the TV? That looks like a tight fit even for the 60" unless you're going to overlap the fireplace edge some. But I can't tell for sure.

At 11' you shouldn't notice the light stuff in the blackbars in the top on letterboxed material much unless you're watching in the dark (which is when it is most noticeable). In a regularly lit room it isn't very noticeable most of the time at regular distances.
georule is offline  
post #7315 of 11265 Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Member
 
AnAverageViewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

How wide is that wall between the edge of the door and the edge of the fireplace? Did you check the spec sheet for the width of the TV? That looks like a tight fit even for the 60" unless you're going to overlap the fireplace edge some. But I can't tell for sure.


I've checked so many times it's not even funny. The tech sheet shows 53.9 inches and I have exactly 55 to work with. Yeah, its going to be a tight fit. The sad part is the 65 inch is currently only thirty dollars more than the 60 but I have no way to pull it off. lol
AnAverageViewer is offline  
post #7316 of 11265 Old 05-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Member
 
tariqosuave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

What model# is your tv?

I have the 60737
tariqosuave is offline  
post #7317 of 11265 Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
georule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAverageViewer View Post

I've checked so many times it's not even funny. The tech sheet shows 53.9 inches and I have exactly 55 to work with. Yeah, its going to be a tight fit. The sad part is the 65 inch is currently only thirty dollars more than the 60 but I have no way to pull it off. lol

Actually, if you don't mind a couple inches on both sides of the TV overlapping the stand, you could shoehorn a 65" in there, if you find the right stand. The TV slopes back from the screen frame, so even if a couple inches of TV is in front of the fireplace brickwork, it shouldn't come close to touching the TV itself. As you've no doubt noticed, the actual base of the TV is quite a bit less wide than the screen. Some folks wouldn't be happy with the aesthetics of doing that --others might, on balance, be more pleased with the extra TV size at 11' viewing distance.

Not advocating; just pointing out. . .tho that doorway is going to be a narrow fit between the TV and couch as it is. But what do I know? In our first starter house the 2001 55" CRT RPTV 300lb monster pretty much ate the tiny dining room space (open floorplan, and the dining room area was adjacent to the living room, with no wall in between).
georule is offline  
post #7318 of 11265 Old 05-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Newbie
 
Zebulon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,

I purchased a WD-65C9 that is due to arrive in a few days.

I searched this thread but did not see anything about securing the TV. Is there anything on the back that some sort of strap can be connected to? I want to be sure that it is secure so that children don't "accidentally" knock it over.

Thanks
Zebulon is offline  
post #7319 of 11265 Old 05-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Member
 
kchill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hot Lanta
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For the Mitz stand there is 4 screws that connected the tv to the stand in the back....if you buy the mitz stand. If you don't then no there isn't unless you machine shop a metal piece and connect it yourself.
kchill is offline  
post #7320 of 11265 Old 05-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Member
 
kchill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hot Lanta
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HOW DO YOU CLEAN YOUR SCREEN?



The kids got something on it...any suggestion?
kchill is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off