post #8821 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8tr View Post

I spent a lot of time looking for the right stand for me. I really wanted a wooden one to keep my living room looking warm. This one was $400 from Cymex and it was 20" high. I wanted a little smaller, but this one had everything else I wanted so I compromised. I'm very happy with all aspects of it.

Great looking stand! It really compliments the room. It's always nice to have real wood furniture. Consider yourself lucky to score a real solid wood stand for only $400. Ethan Allen sells really expensive (overpriced) Wood Vaneer funiture using pressed wood and glue for 5x what you payed. Looking at the stand, I would swear it's (pressed wood) engineered wood. If you say it's real wood, that's good enough for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8822 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I spent a lot of time looking for the right stand for me. I really wanted a wooden one to keep my living room looking warm. This one was $400 from Cymex and it was 20" high. I wanted a little smaller, but this one had everything else I wanted so I compromised. I'm very happy with all aspects of it.

Nice. If you don't mind, I'd love to know how much room there is for a center channel speaker in that thing. Your speaker looks smaller than mine, but it looks like there is some more height in there.

Peace,
post #8823 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 06:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! About 2 weeks ago my mitsu stopped working.
You turn it on the green light flashed quickly, the blue Mitsubishi Welcome screen then comes on and you cna see the bulb is powering up, the screen keeps getting brighter for about 15 seconds then the screen turns black the green light flashes quickly and the TV turns itself off.

Has anyone else had this problem? does anyone have any link suggestion for me?

I've already spent a good 2 hours in Dell Phone Hell this morning. It seems they won't be able to help me even though it broke in less than six months. I have no extended warranty but was told Mitsu warranties them for 1 year. I will start my phone calls to them when they open at noon (ET).

Man it would be awesome if there is a quick fix for this! or if someone knows a good number that might get me help faster.

Thanks Guys!!!!

rooster
post #8824 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post

Looking at the stand, I would swear it's (pressed wood) engineered wood. If you say it's real wood, that's good enough for me.

It is engineered wood.
post #8825 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 06:34 AM

Liked: 14
Guys so I picked up this Pinnacle TR651 DLP Stand stand for $70 from a local guy who only had it for 3 months. ITS PERFECT for my 65"

Main problem is I have a JBL Studio Series Center Channel which is pretty big and wont fit on the shelf.

Has anyone had experience using one of the Omnimout stands that sits ontop of your dlp?

post #8826 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 06:40 AM

I have that same stand pinnacle stand' works great good for corners!!! Now if only my television was working!
post #8827 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 06:42 AM

Liked: 16
So... can anyone tell me how to _completely_ reset the WD-65737 so that I can move forward with a AR XSight Touch setup? I need this to work because right now using five remotes sucks. LOL!

BTW, a few years ago I started a BYO TV STAND thread here... there's loads of good information in that thread regarding width, height, viewing distance and plenty of examples of tv stands that members here have designed and built. Its worth checking out.

Iron Horse

If God had intended man to watch TV 24/7, he would have given him rabbit ears Â
post #8828 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 06:44 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rRooster View Post

I have that same stand pinnacle stand' works great good for corners!!! Now if only my television was working!

I have it centered on my wall. It looks great!
post #8829 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffactoryxx View Post

Has anyone had experience using one of the Omnimout stands that sits ontop of your dlp?

Did you try searching the thread for Omnimount?

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #8830 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse View Post

Its worth checking out.

Yes, it is.

post #8831 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 09:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

I'm using one for my 15lb klipsch center.
post #8832 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You may want to read the customer reviews of this mount on Amazon. It's weight limit is 30 lbs and several folks have reported it giving way causing significant damage. Might help with your decision.

Peace,

DM
post #8833 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 AM

Liked: 32
Quote:

Do a search this thread (upper right corner, top of thread) for omnimount and you'll see I have 2 and highly recommend them and where to purchase for the best price.
post #8834 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

Great looking stand! It really compliments the room. It's always nice to have real wood furniture. Consider yourself lucky to score a real solid wood stand for only $400. Ethan Allen sells really expensive (overpriced) Wood Vaneer funiture using pressed wood and glue for 5x what you payed. Looking at the stand, I would swear it's (pressed wood) engineered wood. If you say it's real wood, that's good enough for me.

I didn't mean to imply it was "real" wood. I really didn't care as long as it looked good and had good construction. For $400 I didn't expect solid wood. I purposely bought the Pioneer 1020 receiver which is known to run especially cool. It does. The stand has the option of removing panels in the back which creates good airflow. There won't be any need for fans.

I have the area where the center speaker is set at 6.5". Below, the receiver is set at 9.5". They are adjustable of course. It is 18" deep.

The boss of the house is happy, and that's the most important thing
post #8835 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 01:11 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Guys so I picked up this Pinnacle TR651 DLP Stand stand for $70 from a local guy who only had it for 3 months. ITS PERFECT for my 65"

Main problem is I have a JBL Studio Series Center Channel which is pretty big and wont fit on the shelf.

I was thinking that with DLP you wanted the center speaker to go under the TV? Wouldn't it be further from ear level on top of the TV?
post #8836 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post

I was thinking that with DLP you wanted the center speaker to go under the TV? Wouldn't it be further from ear level on top of the TV?

With my setup, having the center channel below the TV makes the center audio sound like it is coming from, well, below the TV. With it on top (where I have it) it makes it sound like it is coming from the TV.
post #8837 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post

It's usually better above for a couple of reasons:

1. Nothing will get in the way of the sound (coffee table, etc.)
2. The ear has a harder time localizing sound when it's from above, vs when it's below.
3. You can always make up for height if you angle the speaker. The center in my HT is 9' up the wall (above a projection screen), but it's angled towards the seats and sounds as if it's coming right from the center of the screen.

Currently the center in my living room is below my display, but I used to have it above (on a shelf) and it sounded much better. However, the wife wanted to put pictures there, so below it goes.

post #8838 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 01:25 PM

Liked: 11
Thanks for the clarification, I also found I prefer the speaker on top, but I have never had a TV this big. That omni mount would be easier for me, since my TV stand IS currently a coffee table. Right now I have the center sitting on a cardboard box in front of the TV because I'm still contemplating returning my 638, putting the speaker on the coffee table blocks part of the TV. If I decide to keep it I'll probably go with that omnimount. I have a Polk CS2 center.
post #8839 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The boss of the house is happy, and that's the most important thing

Thank goodness I'm the boss of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

It's usually better above for a couple of reasons:

1. Nothing will get in the way of the sound (coffee table, etc.)
2. The ear has a harder time localizing sound when it's from above, vs when it's below.
3. You can always make up for height if you angle the speaker. The center in my HT is 9' up the wall (above a projection screen), but it's angled towards the seats and sounds as if it's coming right from the center of the screen.

Currently the center in my living room is below my display, but I used to have it above (on a shelf) and it sounded much better. However, the wife wanted to put pictures there, so below it goes.

I have tried many times to localize the sound coming from my center when it's below and it's actually above when there are times I can localize it. I had the same speaker above with my old CRT and I always wished I could move it due to localization.

For me it sounds much better below, main issue is I need about 9" for my center and 9" for my AVR makes stand choices slim if I wanted to purchase one. I think the trick is to be able to angle it if it's above and mine weighs 30lbs so I'd be reluctant to use that shelf.
post #8840 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

You didn't see the fan in the background?

post #8841 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am surprised people have not looked at the Wood Technology center channel stands

I'm not.

post #8842 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 05:30 PM

Hey guys, I am relativly new owner of a Mitsubishi 65737, and I was hoping someone could tell me the best HD calibration disc to use for this TV, for someone who is a bit new to self calibrating. I hear that DVE Bluray is very complicated, so I just want something easier to use.

I also was curious about the settings on my PS3 for Super White and Color Range, what is correct for this TV? (Edit - I think I found the answer for this, my receiver supports passing thru the deeper colors to the TV so I should turn these to On and Full)
post #8843 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am surprised people have not looked at the Wood Technology center channel stands at 12" and 18". These stands can support any size speaker giving you more room in your TV stand.

http://www.wood-tech.com/catalog/33/...channel_stands

How's that give me more room? It's basically blocking the area both where my center would be plus what's below it.
post #8844 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hey guys, I am relativly new owner of a Mitsubishi 65737, and I was hoping someone could tell me the best HD calibration disc to use for this TV, for someone who is a bit new to self calibrating. I hear that DVE Bluray is very complicated, so I just want something easier to use.

I also was curious about the settings on my PS3 for Super White and Color Range, what is correct for this TV? (Edit - I think I found the answer for this, my receiver supports passing thru the deeper colors to the TV so I should turn these to On and Full)

For a beginner like yourself I definatly recommend DVE. Its not complicated at all if you get the blue ray version. Video essentials on DVD is complicated in its menu structure and thats probably what you heard about.

DVE is valuable to a beginner in that it contains a wealth of information to educate you on the basics of video calibration. most of the other calibration disks lack any tutorials or other info and as such are mainly only of value to someone calibrating with a meter.

realy the only patterns you need for this set are ones used for setting contrast and brightness controls. everything else including the color filters are of little real value without a good meter.

As far as your PS3 goes you should have super white on to prevent any information clipping that may accure at the high end.
you should use limited instead of full as you where thinking. this tv will clip information at the low end in full. full is PC levels and limited is video levels.
post #8845 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I didn't realize you needed to clearly see whatever you put behind a speaker stand. Console games such as XBOX360 and PS3 have wireless controllers. A cable box or DirecTV box will not block the IR wave from getting there. The stand is naturally 8" in front of the TV unless you tuck it under the set which makes accessing equipment easy.

I don't get it, why are there so many here have to be anal these last few days. I did not suggest the speaker stand as the only option. The OmniMount will work on light stuff, but it seems most people here have had their shelf fall. I am just giving ideas. Joe Kane has suggested for years that center channels should be forward of your left and right mains. The center channel speaker stand will duplicate this and it angles the speaker 10-15% up toward the listener.

People should feel good about what they have. It's never going to be perfect.

No if the speaker is on a stand where my center would normally be it's completely blocking whatever is behind it and that will block an IR. And I do need to see some of myy components clearly. I can just move my front speakers back if that's the case. Although I am anal, I just don't see the logic behind using that type of stand to save space. Am I missing something? Am I missing something when you said tuck the stand under my TV set? How's that possible?

I'm not being anal, if you would have posted that stand as an option without the statement of saving space I probably would not have replied. If I would have purchased that stand without thought, got it setup and said "Wait a minute I just pulled my center out, didn't save any space and now I'm obstructing my view of my AVR" I would have felt like an idiot.

So I think my reply isn't anal at all just a common sense question.
post #8846 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cid67 View Post

For a beginner like yourself I definatly recommend DVE. Its not complicated at all if you get the blue ray version. Video essentials on DVD is complicated in its menu structure and thats probably what you heard about.

DVE is valuable to a beginner in that it contains a wealth of information to educate you on the basics of video calibration. most of the other calibration disks lack any tutorials or other info and as such are mainly only of value to someone calibrating with a meter.

realy the only patterns you need for this set are ones used for setting contrast and brightness controls. everything else including the color filters are of little real value without a good meter.

As far as your PS3 goes you should have super white on to prevent any information clipping that may accure at the high end.
you should use limited instead of full as you where thinking. this tv will clip information at the low end in full. full is PC levels and limited is video levels.

thank you very much
post #8847 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 PM

Liked: 12
Hello. I am just joining the family here because I am expecting delivery of a new wd 73838 on Monday. My previous tv was a Sony CRT. I found an Omnimount stand which was exactly what I was looking for. It is the Omnimount Moda series Echo63 model. It is 63" long, almost 16" deep and only 15.5 inches high. It is also very handsome in a minimal way. It arrived yesterday and is solid as a rock. $179 at Amazon.

I also bought a Cyberpower surge protector, power conditioner and uninterrupted power supply (has six outlets) because I understand that the tv often has fans running after you turn the set off and, in case of a power failure, this unit would power the set long enough for things to cool down. It is also said to tame power spikes and line noise. An extra $100., but seems worth it.

I look forward to joining the discussion after everything is up and running.
post #8848 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

The center stand just looks tacky. Do you move it every time you vacuum or mop the floor? If it's out in front of a stand, aren't the wires visible?

These displays have been on sale and could be had for cheap for well over a year, but that doesn't mean it has to be advertised by accenting it with cheap accessories.

Get a quality stand that works, or build one, or have someone build one or build a shelf, or get a smaller center channel (psst., it's just for dialogue) or something else.

Nothing worse than seeing these displays on little tiny stands or in rooms with wires running everywhere or with center stands in front to hold peoples 75 lb center speaker, or any of the other myriad of ways some members try to drive home the point that they're cheap.

post #8849 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sometimes it better to get an opinion other than one's own. You are jumping to conclusions here regarding this stand.

I made a mistake in my first post. I thought the stand would allow the user to tuck the base under the TV a few inches. The stand and speaker will bump into the TV stand before tucking the base under the TV. If you have a 18-20" stand, the 18" wood tech will work for you. The stands wooden supports are perpendicular to the TV stand allowing IR frequencies to pass through. The IR cannot pass through the speaker. A 12" center stand would essentially block out all IR frequency. It also depends on how tall your center speaker measures. Mine center channel is 8" high. Most center channels are around 6-7" The 18" stand is $34.24 with free shipping.

Having a center channel in front of your TV brings out the center channel sound much better by creating more channel separation among the front 3 channels.

If you don't like wood, there's always metal stands that can thinner as well as strong to support a center channel.

You made a mistake in every post about the stupid stand. The only conclusion I have now is WTF!!!!! and HUH?????
post #8850 of 11280 Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 PM

Just wanted to check in. Great forum.
I just bought the 73, waiting for it to arrive.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page