2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 303 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes

post #9061 of 11498 Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagameballa View Post

he told me the store here by me..portland oregon..had 10 kits and one person bought all 10...he then told me that the renton washington store had 10 and they sold all 10 to one person..as the person was at the renton store..he wanted to purchase more..so the renton store called the portland store and asked if they would ship the renton store thier 10.. they said no..it was 3 hours later that the man from renton showed up in the wilsonville store and bought thier ten..THE SAME GUY...now i missed out...that really sux..obviously some one or another store is reallu trying to profit from this great price...

I saw this deal at slickdeals and figured this was going to happen. I'm going to be relatively close to a Frys on Tuesday; I hope some jackass doesn't pull the same crap on that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9062 of 11498 Old 08-15-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg9x View Post

Yes, why I suggested unplugging everything (not just power off), and make sure cables are firmly connected.
My original HDMI cables were stretched to their limit on new setup, the PS3 cable was coming half off the connecter and lost video and wouldn't come back. Got the occasional flash from black screen like video was trying to come back, but then it would go back to blue no signal.
Then lost my cable video. Obviously something glitched. Thought lost HDMI ports.
Bought longer HDMI cables, but still no video.
Ended up having to do a 'reset' on PS3 (hold the power button for like 15-20 seconds until it beeps) and temporarily use component cables to re-setup for HDMI. That got PS3 video back.
Then had to shut to cable box off for about 10 minutes, it may have been overheating...after that cable video came back.

Been fine ever since.

My PS3 hdmi cable was stretched as well. But I know that hardware is not the problem because when I plug the same setup into my old LCD, everything works perfectly normal. When I plugged in my cable box directly to the TV and not the A/V receiver, I actually got an constant image on the TV but the problem was that it said this HDTV does not support HDCP so it wouldn't display any channels. Thanks for the ideas though, I haven't been home so haven't had a chance to test any of them. I'll try them out when I get a chance and post my results.
post #9063 of 11498 Old 08-15-2010, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post

Sounds like it's broken. Call Mits for service.

Yep it's broken; that is the same thing that is wrong with mine. THe have to replace ther main board probably. mitsubishi doesn't have any though I'm waiting on the part

post #9064 of 11498 Old 08-15-2010, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by rRooster View Post

Yep it's broken; that is the same thing that is wrong with mine. THe have to replace ther main board probably. mitsubishi doesn't have any though I'm waiting on the part

Man, rRooster, we're in the same exact boat. I have the WD-60C9, which is technically identical to your 60737, and I also have to have the light engine replaced, as I mentioned on the previous page. I can also verify that Mits has no parts in stock and no ETA for them to get into stock. Having spent many years doing domestic and overseas procurement and contract negotiation for a movie industry equipment manufacturer, as well as for the most recognizable motorcycle company in the world, I am intimately aware of such problems with supply and demand in this economic climate. It sounds like a serious problem at Mitsubishi if they're not keeping the primary replacement parts in stock for last year's model. It's either a supply issue where, for whatever reason, their manufacturing process can't keep up with parts demand, their re-order points were set too low, or many more sets have failed than they anticipated and they haven't adjusted their re-order points sufficiently to meet demand.

Either way, I've been waiting two weeks to get my TV fixed, and if I have to wait more than one additional week, I'm just going to settle on a refund. There's no reason I should have to wait a month to get my TV repaired under warranty. I can't imagine any of the major name plasma or LCD manufacturers make warranty claims wait this long for warranty repairs on TVs that are one model year old. I'm really trying not to regret this purchase, but this warranty fiasco is killing me.

Plus, although the quality of the picture on this TV was great, and the price was good for the size when I purchased it, I could now get a very similar size and probably better PQ for a similar price in a 58" Panasonic plasma (buddy just bought a brand new TC-P58S1 for $953 after tax at Best Buy) or 55" 120hz LCD (been seeing these frequently in the $900-1000 range on slickdeals from LG and Vizio) if I waited for a deal. And, with plasma you get better black levels and similar bright room performance as the Mits DLP, as well as about the same power usage. With LCD you get much lower power usage and much better bright room performance, plus no geometry issues and, if you buy the right set, better pixel mapping. Also, with either plasma or LCD you don't have to worry about problems like what we're experiencing, rRooster, with the moving parts in a DLP failing. Lastly, the 3D capabilities of any set are not important to me.
post #9065 of 11498 Old 08-15-2010, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
this is a very cluttered bedroom so not a final room for "showing", but I finally got around to installing my bias lighting on my tv. Here's a pic -

http://www.ironstarmovement.com/phot...t?context=user
post #9066 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post

Man, rRooster, we're in the same exact boat. I have the WD-60C9, which is technically identical to your 60737, and I also have to have the light engine replaced, as I mentioned on the previous page. I can also verify that Mits has no parts in stock and no ETA for them to get into stock. Having spent many years doing domestic and overseas procurement and contract negotiation for a movie industry equipment manufacturer, as well as for the most recognizable motorcycle company in the world, I am intimately aware of such problems with supply and demand in this economic climate. It sounds like a serious problem at Mitsubishi if they're not keeping the primary replacement parts in stock for last year's model. It's either a supply issue where, for whatever reason, their manufacturing process can't keep up with parts demand, their re-order points were set too low, or many more sets have failed than they anticipated and they haven't adjusted their re-order points sufficiently to meet demand.

Either way, I've been waiting two weeks to get my TV fixed, and if I have to wait more than one additional week, I'm just going to settle on a refund. There's no reason I should have to wait a month to get my TV repaired under warranty. I can't imagine any of the major name plasma or LCD manufacturers make warranty claims wait this long for warranty repairs on TVs that are one model year old. I'm really trying not to regret this purchase, but this warranty fiasco is killing me.

Plus, although the quality of the picture on this TV was great, and the price was good for the size when I purchased it, I could now get a very similar size and probably better PQ for a similar price in a 58" Panasonic plasma (buddy just bought a brand new TC-P58S1 for $953 after tax at Best Buy) or 55" 120hz LCD (been seeing these frequently in the $900-1000 range on slickdeals from LG and Vizio) if I waited for a deal. And, with plasma you get better black levels and similar bright room performance as the Mits DLP, as well as about the same power usage. With LCD you get much lower power usage and much better bright room performance, plus no geometry issues and, if you buy the right set, better pixel mapping. Also, with either plasma or LCD you don't have to worry about problems like what we're experiencing, rRooster, with the moving parts in a DLP failing. Lastly, the 3D capabilities of any set are not important to me.

Hopefully the proverbial slow boat from china arrives stateside soon.

The repair center that is doing the work actually told me about the ETA thing too. Mits are telling repair centers to set up repair dates with people but they can't even give the repair centers an ETA when the parts are going to arrive to them.
post #9067 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 AM

Dell is sending me a replacement for the wd-73c9 I got from them. It should be here by the 20th.
post #9068 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm View Post

Dell is sending me a replacement for the wd-73c9 I got from them. It should be here by the 20th.

Dell wouldn't help me at all. I got the TV in Feb but didn't get any extended warranty from them.

I am working with mits themselves who farm it out to a local place. I wouldn't mind getting a replacement but if the part comes in and it gets fixed in a week or so i'm not too concerned.
post #9069 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 12:04 PM

I recently got an e-mail from Mitsu saying you could get the starter kit plus 2 extra pairs of glasses for $400. so 4 pairs of glasses converter and emiiter for $400
post #9070 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:

Dell wouldn't help me at all. I got the TV in Feb but didn't get any extended warranty from them.

I am working with mits themselves who farm it out to a local place. I wouldn't mind getting a replacement but if the part comes in and it gets fixed in a week or so i'm not too concerned.

Maybe they are quick to help me cause it was having issues the second day I had it.
post #9071 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 02:38 PM

Has anyone gotten warranty from squaretrade? they are having a 30% off today.

http://www3.slickdeals.net/forums/sh...readid=2182107
post #9072 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 02:56 PM

Liked: 40
Square Trade has high ratings. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.
post #9073 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitosky View Post

I just bought a 5 year with texas tapeworks for $ 160 on my 65C9 which is after they knocked $ 10 off because I'm a member of avsforum
post #9074 of 11498 Old 08-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Koy

Dell is like dealing with hell!

I bought the wd-73c9 through Dell for $1,200 shipped. I'm having static issues with the sound see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1207870

Dell agreed to send me a new unit but they had no idea on how to pick up the defective unit. I was on the phone with them for at least 4 hours and they finally had the issues resolved.....beware they will send you a UPS label and expect you to drop off the unit which is incorrect. They need to send a freight service such as Pilot.

I asked for a discount for my troubles and they issued a $100 credit.

PSN: Bloodstryke
Live: Ferocious Gamer
post #9075 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 AM

Hello.I bought a 60" Mitsubishi from HSN last Oct.And I've had no problems up until about an hour ago,I was watching it when it just completely shut down,and it was instantly just like the Power was pulled,it wasn't the normal slow shut down.I tried to turn it back on and all I got was the Green Light then straight to a Red Blinking Light No Picture,Nothing just a Blinking Red Light.I tried unplugging it for a few Min',but still the same thing.Does anyone know whats going on with it?? I don't understand a TV less than a Year old going out,but from I've read these Mitsubishi's are prone to problems.Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!
post #9076 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 04:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitosky View Post

I can't find on their site when you can purchase this warranty. Can you buy it after the manufacturers warranty ends?

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #9077 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 06:17 AM

I received my WD65-C9 yesterday afternoon and hooked up everything without pause. Overall the picture is amazing! Though upon closer inspection I discovered a distortion along the edge of the left side of the screen; the rest of the picture appears to be uniform along the edge of the bezel. The best description of the distortion I can give would be... in most places the picture goes to the edge, less six inches on the left side of the screen where the picture curves in slightly towards the middle of the tv (leaving black screen) before returning to a uniform picture.

Anyone have an experience similar to this? Should I call Dell or Mitsubishi on with this issue?
post #9078 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning LA View Post

Hello.I bought a 60" Mitsubishi from HSN last Oct.And I've had no problems up until about an hour ago,I was watching it when it just completely shut down,and it was instantly just like the Power was pulled,it wasn't the normal slow shut down.I tried to turn it back on and all I got was the Green Light then straight to a Red Blinking Light No Picture,Nothing just a Blinking Red Light.I tried unplugging it for a few Min',but still the same thing.Does anyone know whats going on with it?? I don't understand a TV less than a Year old going out,but from I've read these Mitsubishi's are prone to problems.Any Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Blinking red light might indicate that the lamp access door is open or not secure. If the lamp was out, it would be a steady red light. If you find it is not due to the lamp access door being open, I would contact HSN, as they should have provided some sort of warranty with the purchase. And, I feel they might be easier to deal with than Mitsubishi.
post #9079 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

Blinking red light might indicate that the lamp access door is open or not secure.

If I'm not mistaken an open lamp door is a blinking yellow light.
post #9080 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

If I'm not mistaken an open lamp door is a blinking yellow light.

I guess it depends on the model. The manual for the 737/C9 series, page 9 states, "blinking red indicates lamp access door open or not secure." I also checked the manual for my 735 series and it does state that flashing yellow indicates lamp door open. As for blinking red on the 735 series, it just states that the TV may require service. In any case, I guess to OP can check his manual, as it will give him the light codes and what they mean for his model.
post #9081 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avg33k View Post

I received my WD65-C9 yesterday afternoon and hooked up everything without pause. Overall the picture is amazing! Though upon closer inspection I discovered a distortion along the edge of the left side of the screen; the rest of the picture appears to be uniform along the edge of the bezel. The best description of the distortion I can give would be... in most places the picture goes to the edge, less six inches on the left side of the screen where the picture curves in slightly towards the middle of the tv (leaving black screen) before returning to a uniform picture.

Anyone have an experience similar to this? Should I call Dell or Mitsubishi on with this issue?

Please disregard... just read the FAQ and found it informative(go figure). Will attempt to tweak the picture when I get home.
post #9082 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 04:58 PM

I am thinking of getting the Mitsubishi 83" DLP. My main concern is I will not be viewing the picture from perfectly in the center.

The cabinet I am constructing to house the TV is 24" high.
My theater seats are about 9' away, and the eye height will be about 42"
With consideration of the base on the TV, my eyes would be about 1/4 way up from the bottom of the screen (or lower).

Is this angle going to present a problem? Is there anyway someone can check their current 83" and tell me about what angle or how many inches below the center of the screen their eyes can be before seeing diminshed brightness?

Thank you very much for your help! As I can't move the seating any further back and I can't lower the cabinet much and still have room for my audio equipment, I would likely have to go with a smaller 75" or another manufacturer if this is going to be an issue...
post #9083 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 PM

Can you post a link or do you have to contact Customer Service for the deal?

Thanks!!

Quote:

I recently got an e-mail from Mitsu saying you could get the starter kit plus 2 extra pairs of glasses for $400. so 4 pairs of glasses converter and emiiter for $400

Victor A. Ramirez
Graphic Design Coordinator
Chicago Transit Authority
post #9084 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I received an email from Mits that same day, but mine only had 2 pairs of glasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramivic View Post

Can you post a link or do you have to contact Customer Service for the deal?

Thanks!!

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #9085 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 08:44 PM

I just received my set today. I calibrated it with settings in the Q&A and it looks brilliant!

However...

My set seems to have geometry issues. It seems to be bowing on the left and right sides vertically. I noticed in the menu when the sides of the menu were bowed. Then I confirmed it while watching Netflix on my xbox 360 and I paused it on a scene.

Is this possibly a break in issue? It has gotten a little better on the menu since I first noticed it. Well, not a little. Quite a bit. When I first noticed, the outer edges of the menu were actually bowed so bad that they touched the inner sides of the menu near the text which made me possibly think it was a design.

Either way, if it's not a break in issue possibly, then do I call Mitsubishi or Dell (ordered from Dell)? What's the protocol and what will they probably do?
post #9086 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 08:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHemberger View Post

Is this possibly a break in issue? It has gotten a little better on the menu since I first noticed it. Well, not a little. Quite a bit. When I first noticed, the outer edges of the menu were actually bowed so bad that they touched the inner sides of the menu near the text which made me possibly think it was a design.

Either way, if it's not a break in issue possibly, then do I call Mitsubishi or Dell (ordered from Dell)? What's the protocol and what will they probably do?

Usually it will get worse not better, either call for service or learn to fix it yourself. Doubt if Dell will do anything unless it can't be fixed to your satisfaction.
post #9087 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 08:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLopatin View Post

I am thinking of getting the Mitsubishi 83" DLP. My main concern is I will not be viewing the picture from perfectly in the center.

The cabinet I am constructing to house the TV is 24" high.
My theater seats are about 9' away, and the eye height will be about 42"
With consideration of the base on the TV, my eyes would be about 1/4 way up from the bottom of the screen (or lower).

Is this angle going to present a problem? Is there anyway someone can check their current 83" and tell me about what angle or how many inches below the center of the screen their eyes can be before seeing diminshed brightness?

Thank you very much for your help! As I can't move the seating any further back and I can't lower the cabinet much and still have room for my audio equipment, I would likely have to go with a smaller 75" or another manufacturer if this is going to be an issue...

You need a sub 20" stand, better a sub 17" stand. If you are sitting close it will exagerate the effect. Do not buy the 82" if the vertical angle will be wildly off the optimal. 24" is way off unless you are so far back you turned the 82" into an SD television.

Samsung 78" JS8600, Mits WD-92840 43" Samsung 43ku7000 - Lumagen Radiance XS, Martin Logan Motion 40s, Ascend Sierra 2s
58" Panny Plasma -DVDO DUO, Usher S520, JBL HLS-610, Definitive SM45, MusicHall Marimba
post #9088 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

Usually it will get worse not better, either call for service or learn to fix it yourself. Doubt if Dell will do anything unless it can't be fixed to your satisfaction.

Damn. Well I played around in the service menu with the geometry and it's fixed to certain point. now the lower left and right corners pull out. moving the lower left and right points inward don't seem to do anything now. I kept moving and the points remained the same. driving me nuts. my wife doesn't notice but i do. any tips?
post #9089 of 11498 Old 08-18-2010, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHemberger View Post

Damn. Well I played around in the service menu with the geometry and it's fixed to certain point. now the lower left and right corners pull out. moving the lower left and right points inward don't seem to do anything now. I kept moving and the points remained the same. driving me nuts. my wife doesn't notice but i do. any tips?

You're gonna have do a search unless someone else post since I had near perfect geometry from 2 different sets so I never had to mess with it. When I said it gets worse normally it takes about 2 weeks before some see the geometry issues. Don't want you to assume yours will get worse but I've never heard of it getting better on it's own.

And if your wife is anything like mine she talks to me for an hour and didn't notice I left the room.
post #9090 of 11498 Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 AM

I believe I resolved my geometry woes last night! The only area where I see a problem is on my tv viewing (though it's not an HD signal, the so-called 'digital' tv signal comes from coax); looks like a straight 1" black bar down the left side of the screen. The hdmi from my Xbox looks great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page