2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 346 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #10351 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the 3d mitsubishi adapter kit a year ago and at that time the 3d player and 2 pair of additional glasses and kit had me close to a grand. Took it all back. Now I have the new Panasonic 350 3d player and from what I read I no longer need the mitsubishi kit. Just DLP Link glasses. From an earlier post I saw these for 50 bucks.

I have the 82837 Tv

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/uldlpliwi3dg.html

Have people tried these and I do I require absolutely nothing else to make my setup work? How would people rate these glasses?

I also have not done any firmware updates to my tv. I have had it a year. I don't know if someone has a link to that or if it is even required but any assistance would be appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10352 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by darynm View Post
I also have not done any firmware updates to my tv. I have had it a year. I don't know if someone has a link to that or if it is even required but any assistance would be appreciated...
You can go to Mits site and enter your model and serial number.
post #10353 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 PM

Ok, great! Thank you. What all does this update do?
post #10354 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Ok, great! Thank you. What all does this update do?
I asked just that question to Mitsu on July 9th:
---------------------------------------------------------
Your Request Details
Ticket #: TID-TXI4QZR0GH

First Name: Mike Last Name: K Email: kxxxxxxm@cox.net

Model Number: 65837

Request Details:
I see that there is a new FW version. Please tell me what this update from 11.01 is supposed to do. If it either enhances or protects my unit, I'd like to know so that I can do the update. If it does not enhance or protect, then I'll not update.

Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------
Here is the answer, 10 days later:
From tvsupport@mevsa.com
July 19,2011

Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America, Inc. We are pleased to be able to assist our customers via our website. Here is the information you requested:

We don't release specific details on what our software updates entail. It is recommended to keep your TV up-to-date.

Settings

Regards
MDEA

Was that helpful? On the phone a somewhat more cooperative person put me on hold for 5min and came back to say that the latest FW is to address some issues with cable tv inputs. Would help protect the tuner supposedly. When I said that I don't do cable, only OTA TV, she said that the FW update wouldn't do anything for me. OK.

Good luck,
Mike

post #10355 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkard View Post
I asked just that question to Mitsu on July 9th:
---------------------------------------------------------
Your Request Details
Ticket #: TID-TXI4QZR0GH

First Name: Mike Last Name: K Email: kxxxxxxm@cox.net

Model Number: 65837

Request Details:
I see that there is a new FW version. Please tell me what this update from 11.01 is supposed to do. If it either enhances or protects my unit, I'd like to know so that I can do the update. If it does not enhance or protect, then I'll not update.

Thank you.
---------------------------------------------------
Here is the answer, 10 days later:
From tvsupport@mevsa.com
July 19,2011

Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Electric Visual Solutions America, Inc. We are pleased to be able to assist our customers via our website. Here is the information you requested:

We don’t release specific details on what our software updates entail. It is recommended to keep your TV up-to-date.

Settings

Regards
MDEA

Was that helpful? On the phone a somewhat more cooperative person put me on hold for 5min and came back to say that the latest FW is to address some issues with cable tv inputs. Would help protect the tuner supposedly. When I said that I don't do cable, only OTA TV, she said that the FW update wouldn't do anything for me. OK.

Good luck,
Mike
I wouldn't trust any of the phone answering people to give a correct answer on firmware updates much less anything else technical.

If I"m not mistaken 11.03 fixes the main board issue where it would get stuck on the blue screen.

Personally I would do the update.
post #10356 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

I wouldn't trust any of the phone answering people to give a correct answer on firmware updates much less anything else technical.

If I"m not mistaken 11.03 fixes the main board issue where it would get stuck on the blue screen.

Personally I would do the update.

Normally, I'd be in agreement about 1st or 2nd level telephone tech assistance. But, when you compare the telephone CSR's level of effort to the offhand and dismissive webmail response... she at least pretended to try to provide an answer to my question.

Colour, could you point me to something that talks about 11.03 FW? I did try search here and on the 3D threads and didn't get as good information as you apparently have found.

Thanks
Mkard

post #10357 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I decided to update my 73737 from 11.0 to 11.3. How long does it take to update? I have the Blue Mits Welcome screen & a green blinking status light for 25 minutes now. Does it take a while & what do I do if it's still blinking after a hour or so? thanks
post #10358 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 03:34 PM

Mine didn't take long at all. I would say about 2 min.
post #10359 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Thanks. It's been a hour & 20 minutes & its still going. The USB stick keeps on lighting up so I hope that it's working. What firmware did you upgrade from? Im wondering if going from 11.0 to 11.3 takes longer- at least I'm hoping!!)
post #10360 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 03:58 PM

I bought the 3d mitsubishi adapter kit a year ago and at that time the 3d player and 2 pair of additional glasses and kit had me close to a grand. Took it all back. Now I have the new Panasonic 350 3d player and from what I read I no longer need the mitsubishi kit. Just DLP Link glasses. From an earlier post I saw these for 50 bucks.

I have the 82837 Tv

Have people tried these and I do I require absolutely nothing else to make my setup work? How would people rate these glasses?
post #10361 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Deja Vu

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #10362 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have the 82837 Tv

I don't know enough to answer your question.

You might consider going to this area: General 3d including displays and components. Search here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=191

Or, about specific glasses consider this post: individual post rec'd glasses with simple Mitsu set-up:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&highlight=dlp

good luck

Mkard

post #10363 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 05:22 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by innuss View Post

Thanks. It's been a hour & 20 minutes & its still going. The USB stick keeps on lighting up so I hope that it's working. What firmware did you upgrade from? Im wondering if going from 11.0 to 11.3 takes longer- at least I'm hoping!!)

Per the instructions for the update on Mits web site "Press the POWER button. The status LED on the front of the TV will start to blink green. You may notice that the TV is displaying a blue screen with the Mitsubishi logo during the update procedure. This is normal. IMPORTANT NOTE: If after approximately 5 minutes, the green LED continues to blink and
the TV never comes on, unplug the power cord from the wall socket, wait approximately 15 seconds, then return to step 3."

I think maybe 1 1/2 hours is too long.
post #10364 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 05:43 PM

Thank goodness for this forum! I called Mits to find out what I should do. They were of no real help but did agree to send a update. I then unplugged the TV, plugged it back in & was greeted w/ the Mits welcome screen & a green blinking light. Unplugged, tried a system reset & nothing worked. Called Mits again & got "sorry for the inconvenience" but no suggestions- just wait for the snail-mail update. I had done a search here under firmware & saw that in the past there had been problems w/ memory sticks. I had tried a brand new generic BB stick but this time I tried a Toshiba & it worked in 10 seconds. It was 2 hrs of hell thinking of worse case scenarios plus a not so understanding better half but at least the upgrade worked.
post #10365 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by innuss View Post

Thank goodness for this forum! I called Mits to find out what I should do. They were of no real help but did agree to send a update. I then unplugged the TV, plugged it back in & was greeted w/ the Mits welcome screen & a green blinking light. Unplugged, tried a system reset & nothing worked. Called Mits again & got "sorry for the inconvenience" but no suggestions- just wait for the snail-mail update. I had done a search here under firmware & saw that in the past there had been problems w/ memory sticks. I had tried a brand new generic BB stick but this time I tried a Toshiba & it worked in 10 seconds. It was 2 hrs of hell thinking of worse case scenarios plus a not so understanding better half but at least the upgrade worked.

Ya there can always be compatibility issues with USB sticks in anything. Only issue I ever had with an update is a folder within a folder not being opened. I also have two sets of instructions from Mits and they are slightly different.
post #10366 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkard View Post

Colour, could you point me to something that talks about 11.03 FW? I did try search here and on the 3D threads and didn't get as good information as you apparently have found.

Thanks
Mkard

If you're referring to the 11.03 firmware. I know that the major reason for the firmware was to fix the blue screen issue I stated. It was released about 1 week after I replaced my main board with the issue. I now have an extra board that may actually be good if I install the 11.03 update.

There are several post where Mits directed people to the update when having the blue screen issue. I think it was released back in Jan. 2011
post #10367 of 11277 Old 07-20-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:

I have the 82837 Tv

I assume you have a 2009 Mits, as you are posting in the thread for those sets? Also, I'm a little confused about your statement that you have a "new" Panny 350, as those have been discontinued for some time. However, for the purposes of this question it doesn't matter, because the 350 has the same relevant capabilities as its replacement, the 310.

FYI, I have a 2009 82837, and a Panny BDT 310 which, like the 350, has two HDMI outs. I have a legacy 1.3 Denon AVR (4310).

The answer to your question is yes, so long as you are satisfied with 3D from blu ray discs, and don't need to convert 3D signals from satellite or cable to checkerboard.

Set the Panny to checkerboard in its 3D settings (under "3D type", at least in the 310)), and set your Mits to "reverse" under its 3D menu. Stick a 3D disk into the Panny, put on your DLP link glasses and enjoy.

With this set up, you don't even have to use both HDMI outputs on the Panny to get lossless audio out of a 1.3 receiver. Just use the main. For kicks, I use both outs--main directly to the TV, sub to the receiver, with decent HDMI cables.

The 3D image with this set up is significantly superior to anything I have seen on my Sony LED set, or for that matter on any LED/LCD set. It's also better, though not by as much, than any 3D set up I've seen on friends' plasmas.

The image is dark, so it helps to have good light control. But ghosting and crosstalk are virtually non-existent.
post #10368 of 11277 Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 PM

What do you think it worth? I'm thinking $1500
post #10369 of 11277 Old 07-22-2011, 08:42 PM

Liked: 11
Just had to replace my lamp in my 73C9 after about one year and 9 months...pretty easy.

Picture doesn't seem as crisp...would someone please post your calibration settings so I can try something new?

Thanks in advance...
post #10370 of 11277 Old 07-28-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280 View Post

Just had to replace my lamp in my 73C9 after about one year and 9 months...pretty easy.

Picture doesn't seem as crisp...would someone please post your calibration settings so I can try something new?

Thanks in advance...

I have a 65737 but feel free to give these a try.

Hpos - 31
Vpos - 31
Deepfield, super res, sharp edge, vid noise - off
bright - 37
contrast - 63
color - 29
tint - 30
sharp - 39
gamma - 2.2
r high - 986
g high - 1021
b high - 1015
r low - 1
g low - -1
b low - -1
all colors on default

Fyi I got these stats off of katzmeier I believe. I only tweaked them a little to suit my liking.
post #10371 of 11277 Old 07-29-2011, 06:08 AM

I have a 73C9 and am experiencing the dreaded "green screen" washed out picture with my brand new 3DC-1000 #D kit. Was there ever a firmware (or other) fix for this problem? Any way to turn off the DLPLink flashes (which seems to be the problem according to this forum) for the IR glasses that come with the kit?

Rajiv
post #10372 of 11277 Old 07-29-2011, 07:06 AM

No; you will need the DLP Link glasses if you don't want the green tint. I haven't used my set much for 3d; when there's more stuff I'll get the Ultra Clears.
post #10373 of 11277 Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 PM

I bought a couple pairs of optoma dlp link glasses. They do eliminate the green tint perfectly although you can notice a certain rainbow effect in the corners on bright scenes.
post #10374 of 11277 Old 08-01-2011, 09:37 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but I'm gonna try.

I recently bought a Light Engine off of Amazon.com from a dealer for very very cheap (almost too cheap? $200), and replaced my current Light Engine. It was giving me the hundreds of black/white/flashing dots.

After replacement, though, the TV won't power on. I've checked all cables, they are connected, and the lamp goes in fine. I'm getting a steady flashing red light after it clicks, tries to turn on, but doesn't.

Is there a way to get an error code from this or did I get a bad light engine? The lamp was fine prior to replacing the light engine. Could it be that something isn't screwed to the unit correctly? The DVI cable connecting the TV to the light engine is in but not screwed in (for some reason one screw is not connecting.)

Thanks for any help. I'm trying to remain optimistic with this tv but I'm really considering throwing it out the window.

Is Mitsubishi still doing anything for these TVs even if they're out of warranty? Mine is about a year out of warranty.
post #10375 of 11277 Old 08-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

check the connection for the lamp door switch. make sure the door is all the way shut could be lamp.

Somewhere in this thread was a link to service manual download. good luck.
post #10376 of 11277 Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member

ADV 1/2

31 horizontal (set in service)
31 vertical (set in service)
Off deep field
Off super res.
Off sharpedge
Off video noise
32 cont. (30 Footlambert)
59 bright
29 color
30 tint
31 sharp
2.4 gamma No lights 2.2 gamma Games / some light
1023 red high (set in service)
1023 green high (set in service)
1023 blue high (set in service)
0 red low
0 green low
0 blue low
Off blue only
6, 3, 0 red
0, 26, 17 green
0, 0, 0 blue
12, 10, 9 cyan
0, 6, 11 magenta
21, 18, 3 yellow

Service menu:
1 hvos -9
8 cca 1
48 grwl 123
49 ggwl 101
50gbwl 101
60 idl 33
61 dbk 1
Total hours 6251 (new lamp at about 4000) used old as backup.

I Could have made secondaries better but decided at this point why bother.
these settings may work well if you have about 2500 hours on the lamp and watch in darkness.
LL
LL
LL
post #10377 of 11277 Old 08-01-2011, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownThunder View Post

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but I'm gonna try.

I recently bought a Light Engine off of Amazon.com from a dealer for very very cheap (almost too cheap? $200), and replaced my current Light Engine. It was giving me the hundreds of black/white/flashing dots.

After replacement, though, the TV won't power on. I've checked all cables, they are connected, and the lamp goes in fine. I'm getting a steady flashing red light after it clicks, tries to turn on, but doesn't.

Is there a way to get an error code from this or did I get a bad light engine? The lamp was fine prior to replacing the light engine. Could it be that something isn't screwed to the unit correctly? The DVI cable connecting the TV to the light engine is in but not screwed in (for some reason one screw is not connecting.)

Thanks for any help. I'm trying to remain optimistic with this tv but I'm really considering throwing it out the window.

Is Mitsubishi still doing anything for these TVs even if they're out of warranty? Mine is about a year out of warranty.

Have you tried resetting the TV?

In the manual there are a few steps you need to perform after replacement.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1172795
post #10378 of 11277 Old 08-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

That's right, you need to transfer the light engine settings in the service menu. although it should at least turn on otherwise you couldn't do this in the first place.
post #10379 of 11277 Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 PM

Hey everyone. Here is a long story short....I have the 60737 with the 3d Conversion and 3 sets of glasses. I also have a Yamaha HTR-3063 5.1 surround system that I have everything running through before the conversion box. I was unable for awhile to update the receivers firmware so I ran only my ps3 through the 3d converter box. This worked well and my PS3 had 3D and my fios cable box which did run through the receiver worked as well. Tonight I got the firmware update to work and the PS3 still works fine through the receiver to the converter box but the cable box causes to the TV to flicker a greenish band on the bottom of the screen with a complete black background. Also, sometimes I will get a message saying something to the effect of the source has been compromised and the tv cannot display the material.

Thanks for your help!

Also, both the TV and the receiver are updated with the latest firmware.
post #10380 of 11277 Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 PM

I tried upgrading my firmware to 11.03 and having problems. I used a kingston 4GB, exctracted the zip file so that I had 7 files and no folders. Unpluged tv, put in stick, plugged in and turned on tv. I saw it read from the drive the first time but just sat at the welcome screen with light blinking for 5 minutes. So following the directions, I unplugged tv, replugged and turned on. Same problem, just sits at the screen with light blinking. Can't get any farther than that. Any suggestions?
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page