Forum Jump: 

post #10531 of 11265 Old 12-06-2011, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

Hit "menu' then 2-4-7-0. It's not a lamp timer but rather for the set so if the bulb is changed you have to keep track when you changed it since there is no reset.

I recently purchased a 65737 and did this little check and for "Total Hours of Use" it said "2". I've watched this TV for about 4 days and I know I've watched it more than 2 hours. How accurate is this supposed to be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10532 of 11265 Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsound85 View Post

I recently purchased a 65737 and did this little check and for "Total Hours of Use" it said "2". I've watched this TV for about 4 days and I know I've watched it more than 2 hours. How accurate is this supposed to be?

It's possible you have an older firmware version. I have a 2009 65737 and it came with a bug in how the hour timer worked.

The firmware that came with the TV was V41 011.00.
The firmware I got from Mitsubishi which solved the problem was V41 011.01.

At that time, it was pretty hard to get a firmware update out of Mitsubishi, but I understand it's easier now.

Good luck.
post #10533 of 11265 Old 12-07-2011, 09:17 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Most recent software is posted on the Mitsubishi web site under the support tabs.

www.mitsubishi-tv.com.
post #10534 of 11265 Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 PM

Thoughts on whether this is the Mits 65737 with a problem or my Comcast DVR?

Here's my set up: Comcast DVR via HDMI into my Denon AVR 1912. Panasonic Blu-Ray into Denon via HDMI. Single HDMI from Denon into HDMI 1 connection on TV. So here's the issue....only had this TV for about 1 week, and tonight I turn the TV on and every so often, the screen goes black (for about 2 or 3 seconds) then it comes back on and in the upper left corner of the TV it gives a signal that the DVR is now connected. All will be fine for anywhere between 3 or 4 minutes, and then bang, black screen for 2 or 3 seconds, and then back on. By the way, the sound is just fine during these "black outs". I tried hooking into the HDMI 2 slot on the TV, and still the same issue. This happens whether watching live TV or watching a recorded show. So, I then tried the Blu-Ray and absolutely no such problem. I went 15 minutes with not one single "black-out". So, wouldn't that mean the TV HDMI connection is working? If it was the TV HDMI connection with the problem, would it work for the Blu-Ray and not for the DVR? The good news is I do have a 2 year in-house warranty, but I'm thinking it could be the Cable DVR rather than the TV. Thoughts?
post #10535 of 11265 Old 12-15-2011, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Have you tried connecting the DVR directly to the TV to see what happens?
Have you switched the Blu Ray and DVR inputs on the AVR?

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #10536 of 11265 Old 12-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

Stew....good suggestion on bypassing the Denon and going directly from cable box to the TV. Will give that a try. Thanks for that suggestion. I did think about switching the DVR input on the AVR, but didn't have the energy to tackle that one tonight! That is clearly a weekend job.
post #10537 of 11265 Old 12-16-2011, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpkogan69 View Post

the reason i asked for cost was because I was willing to buy it and do it myself ASAP. I wanted it done before people come over for turkey 2moro.
But that wont happen. Called this morning have a part ordered now and will be installed by them next week.

booo!
Never had any issues with the TV, only had it since march 11. Not sure why this happend.

So the video tech service guy came out last week..
He brought with him some main source something that he said was the problem ( my tv was giving a code 4-8 ) . Low and behold the problem was not fixed..its been almost 3 weeks now and still nothing..Mitsubishi customer service is crazy and no technical support. He ordered a power supply he says now and will try it this morning.
We will see but I have a feeling nothing will be fixed today.
post #10538 of 11265 Old 12-16-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

Well, couldn't wait till the weekend as this was just bugging me. So, I tried hooking the DVR directly to the TV via HDMI1, and same problem, and even switched to a different HDMI input on the AVR and again, same problem. If I have a chance this afternoon, I'm going to connect the actual incoming cable directly to the Antenna In connection on the TV and see what that does. I realize it will be a horrible picture, but need to see if this is an issue with the DVR or the TV. As I mentioned in my first post, the Blu Ray worked just fine. Grrrrrrrrrr....I hate gadgets!
post #10539 of 11265 Old 12-16-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlsmd View Post

So the video tech service guy came out last week..
He brought with him some main source something that he said was the problem ( my tv was giving a code 4-8 ) . Low and behold the problem was not fixed..its been almost 3 weeks now and still nothing..Mitsubishi customer service is crazy and no technical support. He ordered a power supply he says now and will try it this morning.
We will see but I have a feeling nothing will be fixed today.

What was your issue????
post #10540 of 11265 Old 12-16-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:

What was your issue????

all done ..
he replaced the main power supply and the main board
post #10541 of 11265 Old 12-16-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlsmd View Post

all done ..
he replaced the main power supply and the main board

Awesome, glad it's working. But what was the issue? Was the TV just not coming on?
post #10542 of 11265 Old 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:

Thoughts on whether this is the Mits 65737 with a problem or my Comcast DVR?

Here's my set up: Comcast DVR via HDMI into my Denon AVR 1912. Panasonic Blu-Ray into Denon via HDMI. Single HDMI from Denon into HDMI 1 connection on TV. So here's the issue....only had this TV for about 1 week, and tonight I turn the TV on and every so often, the screen goes black (for about 2 or 3 seconds) then it comes back on and in the upper left corner of the TV it gives a signal that the DVR is now connected. All will be fine for anywhere between 3 or 4 minutes, and then bang, black screen for 2 or 3 seconds, and then back on. By the way, the sound is just fine during these "black outs". I tried hooking into the HDMI 2 slot on the TV, and still the same issue. This happens whether watching live TV or watching a recorded show. So, I then tried the Blu-Ray and absolutely no such problem. I went 15 minutes with not one single "black-out". So, wouldn't that mean the TV HDMI connection is working? If it was the TV HDMI connection with the problem, would it work for the Blu-Ray and not for the DVR? The good news is I do have a 2 year in-house warranty, but I'm thinking it could be the Cable DVR rather than the TV. Thoughts?

Well....the last thing I tried was plugging the cable directly into the Antenna input, and there were no issues. So, plugged everything back up to the DVR and through the AVR and then into the Mit and the issues started up again. So, switched over to the Blu Ray, and once again, not a single issue (the Blu Ray uses the same HDMI from the AVR into the TV). So then I switched back to the TV, and after 5 minutes, no "black out". Go figure. I'm thinking it is a bad Comcast DVR. Any thoughts from anyone else out there? Anyone else have a similar issue? It worked perfectly fine for about 10 days until this started to occur. By the way....I do have the MIT 3D Adapter that is in between the AVR and TV, but took that out of the loop and the same issues were occuring while watching via the DVR, so I don't believe that is causing the problem. Well, I'll wait to see if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.
post #10543 of 11265 Old 12-16-2011, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 44
While my 82837 is my main display for another week or two yet. I will hang out less and less in this thread. I am moving on up as they say. No I didn't go to a big Sharp. If they had an 85" Elite for $5500 then I would have probably gone down that path. The 92" beast is on its way. For those of you who will be interested in a more technical understanding of the new clear screen beast watch for my posts in the 2011 and 92" threads.

My 82837 will either get a quieter life in a spare bedroom or might end up at my brother's home as his main dispaly. I would sum up my experience with my 82837 as mixed but I found how to get the most out of it.. we, the 82" and me have had our growing pains together.

I cursed the calibration bugs, but the DUO VP largely dealth with that and was a good investment in the end. I don't think I would have enjoyed the 82837 nearly as much without the Video Processor. We will see how good the 2011 is without and with the Video Processor. Once the beast has enough hours on the lamp I will post charts. I am kind of hoping it will get quite close to spec with the built in calibration controls and I can move the video processor to another display.. probably not.

Autocalibration is a nice thing and should work even better on the new set. Right now I do most of the calibration manually. That is really a feature issue with the Video Processor or the lack of the ability to disable the dynamic iris on the 82837, take your pick. The 92" doesn't have a dynamic iris so autocalibrate should be seamless on it. Not that the user interface on Mits calibration controls are that awkward they are just not very linear and don't have enough authority, blue for example will not be tamed and is overbright on the 2009s without an external VP.

I have learned a lot on this thread and thanks to everyone for helping me through my first Mits.. all TVs drive me crazy with their individual idiosyncracies, the 2009 WD-82837 made me craziest becaue I expected so much from it.

Just another blank signature.
post #10544 of 11265 Old 12-17-2011, 04:54 AM

Liked: 11
A couple of years late but I just joined the forum and figured I would check in to my "home" thread...

My name is Nathan. I'm a soon to be 30 yr. old married retail buyer from NC. I am the proud owner of a 2 yr old 73-737 that has been maintenance free (knock on wood) and an utter pleasure to watch. Other than its basic specs and that I love how little I payed for it I dont know very much about it. After reading a few of gtgray's posts I feel even more like a newb but I look forward to learning a lot about everything from everyone.
post #10545 of 11265 Old 12-18-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:

Well....the last thing I tried was plugging the cable directly into the Antenna input, and there were no issues. So, plugged everything back up to the DVR and through the AVR and then into the Mit and the issues started up again. So, switched over to the Blu Ray, and once again, not a single issue (the Blu Ray uses the same HDMI from the AVR into the TV). So then I switched back to the TV, and after 5 minutes, no "black out". Go figure. I'm thinking it is a bad Comcast DVR. Any thoughts from anyone else out there? Anyone else have a similar issue? It worked perfectly fine for about 10 days until this started to occur. By the way....I do have the MIT 3D Adapter that is in between the AVR and TV, but took that out of the loop and the same issues were occuring while watching via the DVR, so I don't believe that is causing the problem. Well, I'll wait to see if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

So, after 2 days of watching TV, the "black out" that was occurring has not reoccurred. I hate gadgets, LOL. I mean, no explanation for why the black outs were occurring and now no explanation for why they stopped. I did unplug and plug back in many different connections, so maybe something was loose, but can't explain why it would have come loose. Crazy. I would still be interested to know if any Mit owners with a 737 series has experienced such issues. Thanks.
post #10546 of 11265 Old 12-18-2011, 05:54 PM

I have had mine(737) two years and Never have had a blackout.
post #10547 of 11265 Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

So, after 2 days of watching TV, the "black out" that was occurring has not reoccurred. I hate gadgets, LOL. I mean, no explanation for why the black outs were occurring and now no explanation for why they stopped. I did unplug and plug back in many different connections, so maybe something was loose, but can't explain why it would have come loose. Crazy. I would still be interested to know if any Mit owners with a 737 series has experienced such issues. Thanks.

The only time I had issues they were due to the video processing caused by my AVR, turned processing off problem fixed. As convenient as HDMI connections are they are also the worst connection ever developed, they aren't secure at all and can easily come loose.
post #10548 of 11265 Old 12-18-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamieb81 View Post

I have had mine(737) two years and Never have had a blackout.

Same here... well almost 2 years. I might be off in right field here and I'm just winging it, but maybe it was some kind of power protection anti-damage protector. I dont personally know of any such kind of feature but who knows.
post #10549 of 11265 Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 AM

the 65 can give me an idea on what to expect

post #10550 of 11265 Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

While my 82837 is my main display for another week or two yet. I will hang out less and less in this thread. I am moving on up as they say. No I didn't go to a big Sharp. If they had an 85" Elite for $5500 then I would have probably gone down that path. The 92" beast is on its way. For those of you who will be interested in a more technical understanding of the new clear screen beast watch for my posts in the 2011 and 92" threads.

My 82837 will either get a quieter life in a spare bedroom or might end up at my brother's home as his main dispaly. I would sum up my experience with my 82837 as mixed but I found how to get the most out of it.. we, the 82" and me have had our growing pains together.

I cursed the calibration bugs, but the DUO VP largely dealth with that and was a good investment in the end. I don't think I would have enjoyed the 82837 nearly as much without the Video Processor. We will see how good the 2011 is without and with the Video Processor. Once the beast has enough hours on the lamp I will post charts. I am kind of hoping it will get quite close to spec with the built in calibration controls and I can move the video processor to another display.. probably not.

Autocalibration is a nice thing and should work even better on the new set. Right now I do most of the calibration manually. That is really a feature issue with the Video Processor or the lack of the ability to disable the dynamic iris on the 82837, take your pick. The 92" doesn't have a dynamic iris so autocalibrate should be seamless on it. Not that the user interface on Mits calibration controls are that awkward they are just not very linear and don't have enough authority, blue for example will not be tamed and is overbright on the 2009s without an external VP.

I have learned a lot on this thread and thanks to everyone for helping me through my first Mits.. all TVs drive me crazy with their individual idiosyncracies, the 2009 WD-82837 made me craziest becaue I expected so much from it.

good luck on the new set. I wold like to clarify that blue can be tamed. I have done it.
post #10551 of 11265 Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 AM

My WD73737, purchased February 2010 has the dead pixels of death and is driving me nuts. Now about 40% of the screen is gone.

What's the current wisdom? Will MITS replace the light engine under warranty?
post #10552 of 11265 Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post

My WD73737, purchased February 2010 has the dead pixels of death and is driving me nuts. Now about 40% of the screen is gone.

Under warranty? Of course. What do you think the warranty is for?
post #10553 of 11265 Old 12-19-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post

Under warranty? Of course. What do you think the warranty is for?

It doesn't have a two year warranty. My question was on what luck owners are having with the "extended" warranty being mentioned. Has MITS offered an extension?
post #10554 of 11265 Old 12-19-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:

Ouch... sorry to hear about that...

Quote:

It doesn't have a two year warranty. My question was on what luck owners are having with the "extended" warranty being mentioned. Has MITS offered an extension?

I got my 73737 right around the same time (April 2010 I think) through HH Gregg but I bought the 5 yr warranty plan. Payed out the ass for it but I'm starting to think I'm glad I did. I just wish I had bought the same thing for my Onkyo receiver. Everyone is saying its only a matter of time before it has issues. Crossing my fingers but I hope not.
post #10555 of 11265 Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 70
My 65c9 just got very dim. Need a new bulb I guess.
post #10556 of 11265 Old 12-20-2011, 05:11 AM

I also bought the Hhgregg 5 yr. plan and they replaced the chip after dead pixels started showing up. Would have cost $250+ to pay myself, so I got a good chunk of the cost of the ex. warranty back.
post #10557 of 11265 Old 12-20-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala1ss View Post

I also bought the Hhgregg 5 yr. plan and they replaced the chip after dead pixels started showing up. Would have cost $250+ to pay myself, so I got a good chunk of the cost of the ex. warranty back.

NICE! Thats good feedback to hear. I was honestly really worried about having to ever call in on that warranty but it sounds like they do a good job of taking care of it. How was the customer service process?
post #10558 of 11265 Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:

So you don't have a warranty? Sorry, I didn't understand your original post.
I think I still don't. Are you asking if Mits will replace the light engine under warranty even when you're no longer under warranty? I'm pretty sure they will not, but I guess you could call them and ask

As far as purchasing an extended warranty, you generally need to do that before the manufacturer's warranty runs out. But you should contact the warranty folks and see what they say. My experience is with Tape Works Texas selling Mack warranties.

Good luck.
post #10559 of 11265 Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

you need to get a hold of someone in the California office. don't take no for an answer. there is a division called something like conflict management or customer relations. something like that. They upgraded me once from a wd-65732 to a wd-65835 out of warranty after I made enough noise .
post #10560 of 11265 Old 12-21-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten8yp View Post

NICE! Thats good feedback to hear. I was honestly really worried about having to ever call in on that warranty but it sounds like they do a good job of taking care of it. How was the customer service process?

Quick and easy. They diagnosed over the phone and ordered part. It was in within a week. Tech came out and knew what he was doing
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page