2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 354 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10591 of 11280 Old 01-25-2012, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Stew4msu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Wylie, Texas, USA
Posts: 7,078
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have 6825 on mine and I thought that was a lot.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

Stew4msu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10592 of 11280 Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Member
 
utvnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply. I did not even think about it until reading this thread recently. What is the thinking on the amazon priced generic bulbs vs. the 40 dollar higher manufacturer one?
utvnut is offline  
post #10593 of 11280 Old 01-25-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
colour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Fenton, Mo.
Posts: 1,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvnut View Post

Thanks for the reply. I did not even think about it until reading this thread recently. What is the thinking on the amazon priced generic bulbs vs. the 40 dollar higher manufacturer one?

Buy one directly from Mits, you will definitely notice how your old bulb has dimmed after you replace it.
colour is offline  
post #10594 of 11280 Old 01-25-2012, 11:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I bought a bulb from amazon and its working great. Super bright after changing bulb.
bori is offline  
post #10595 of 11280 Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
cid67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I may be mistaken but I believe that mits is uses phillips bulbs. be sure not to handle the bulb directly. the oils from your skin will cause a hot spot that can destroy the longevity of the bulb.
cid67 is offline  
post #10596 of 11280 Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Newbie
 
Volcanic_xB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else ever have an issue with the time and date being wrong when turned on? This has been going on for a week. I've had this set for nearly 2 years and this is the first time I've seen this. I know my time zone/daylight savings settings are right. I've even tried the hard reset to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix this? Should I go to the service menu and Initialize the set?
Volcanic_xB is offline  
post #10597 of 11280 Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 PM
GEP
Advanced Member
 
GEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cid67 View Post

I may be mistaken but I believe that mits is uses phillips bulbs. be sure not to handle the bulb directly. the oils from your skin will cause a hot spot that can destroy the longevity of the bulb.

Mitsubishi does NOT use Phillips lamps, they use OSRAM. If you using another brand and it fails and damages your TV, Mitsubishi most likely will not help you. Use a lamp from Mitsubsihi and have a problem, they are known to help you.
GEP is offline  
post #10598 of 11280 Old 01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gtgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
You can buy origial equipment Mits factory lamps from Amazon. The price is the same or was when I bought my last and since I had Amazon Prime it was overnighted for the $3.99 upgrade fee.

Just another blank signature.
gtgray is online now  
post #10599 of 11280 Old 01-27-2012, 09:37 AM
GEP
Advanced Member
 
GEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic_xB View Post

Anyone else ever have an issue with the time and date being wrong when turned on? This has been going on for a week. I've had this set for nearly 2 years and this is the first time I've seen this. I know my time zone/daylight savings settings are right. I've even tried the hard reset to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix this? Should I go to the service menu and Initialize the set?

If your TV is one of the models for this thread, I do not know and cannot think why you TV changes the date/time. The TV might wipeout date/time in a power failure (I am not sure). According to the owner's guide on Mitsubishi's web site, it does not have automatic clock set.

However if this is a model that is older and has automatic time set feature, often channels have incorrect information, especially cable channels, that reset the time. Also analog recordings from channels with automatic time set channels may also record that signal and when you playback the recording at a later time, it may reset a TV clock to the time recorded. Usually if you set the clock on manual, it will ignore the automatic time set feature. I had this problem on an older TV and it took almost two years to figure it out.
GEP is offline  
post #10600 of 11280 Old 02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Newbie
 
todd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all
I have a wd65c9 and was wondering if anyone has a good video calibration settings? I use it mainly for blu rays and 3D blu rays. Any help is appreciated
todd21 is offline  
post #10601 of 11280 Old 02-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
cid67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It depends, I have recently calibrated my wd-65837with an spectroradiometer using the Advanced calibration controls but that's with about 600 hours on the lamp. if your lamp isn't at a similar point in its life the settings will not be accurate. they probably wouldn't be accurate anyway but you can see if you like them as our sets are close enough ,parts wise.

ADV1 is for watching in pure darkness. ADV2 is for watching with some lite
ADV2 ADV1
31 , 31
31 , 31
off , off
off , off
off , off
off , off
33 , 33
63 , 49
29 , 29
30 , 30
31 , 31
2.2 , 2.4
962 , 978
989 , 981
1023, 1023
-6 , -2
-9 , -5
-11 , -7
off , off
7 3 0 , 8 4 0
0 30 15 , 2 27 20
0 0 0 , 0 0 0
18 6 10, 18 6 12
0 11 12 , 0 9 11
24 21 4 , 24 21 5
all primary and secondary color points below a delta-E 94 of 3
gray scale at about a delta-E 76 of 1 or below

I used a PS3 as the pattern source with AVS709 patterns.
if you have a XBOX 360 it may require a few bumps up in the brightness control to compensate for its non linear hardware gamma crushing blacks in some games. salt and pepper to taste where required.

keep in mind my set has a auto iris that could throw things off for similar sets without an iris. I calibrated with APL patterns to compensate for the iris.

good luck.
cid67 is offline  
post #10602 of 11280 Old 02-04-2012, 10:28 AM
Newbie
 
todd21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Cid
Thanks alot for the response ill give those settings a try this weekend sometime when i find time. Thanks Alot!
todd21 is offline  
post #10603 of 11280 Old 02-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
MarkEHansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Also, there's an FAQ linked in the first post of this thread which covers many topics, including sample settings from various people.

Regards,
MarkEHansen is offline  
post #10604 of 11280 Old 02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Member
 
Muckrak3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone still watching this thread that has it, could you toss the service manual up online somewhere? Mega Upload is dead.

So, you're saying there's a chance?
Muckrak3r is offline  
post #10605 of 11280 Old 02-12-2012, 07:59 PM
Member
 
NastyN8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I have a 82837 and I noticed one small white dot on the left side of the screen that doesn't go away until the lamp is done cooling down. Is the screen dirty or is the projector starting to go bad? Thanks!
NastyN8 is offline  
post #10606 of 11280 Old 02-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Brandenborg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyN8 View Post

Hey guys, I have a 82837 and I noticed one small white dot on the left side of the screen that doesn't go away until the lamp is done cooling down. Is the screen dirty or is the projector starting to go bad? Thanks!

I am sorry to tell you this, but there is a known issue with Mits DLP Light Engines that start out with little spots like that, then grow to to more and more spots until the picture becomes unwatchable. It happened to our 65736 (2008) and required a Light Engine replacement. The tech knew the symptoms all too well, and Google searches revealed many similar cases.

We had extended warranty from DTVExpress / Bankers Warranty, but they screwed us with a ridiculously low-balled cash replacement. Mitsubishi Customer Service helped out with a refurb'ed part, but it was still quite expensive for us.

I haven't watched this thread in ages and just happened to look today. Maybe other regular members have more info.
Brandenborg is offline  
post #10607 of 11280 Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Impala1ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I had the same problem and have had it fixed. Read posts 10488 - 10493. Hope your set is still in warranty.
Impala1ss is offline  
post #10608 of 11280 Old 02-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Newbie
 
Johnny_Nas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I have been a lurker for a while now and have scoured this thread....I
My Mitsu is turning off automatically, it seems to happen mostly when first turning the tv on for the day. It will shut it self off roughly every few minutes.

This past weekend it was happening constantly making TV unwatchable. During the end of my warranty I called Mitsu and they sent out a repair guy who stated my lamp doors have become warped and he replaced them. The TV worked for a short time after the fix, but then started turning off again. Mitsu will no longer help me seeing the TV is 2 years old, regardless of this being an ongoing documented problem.

I noticed others have had the same issue, and wanted to see if any resolution has been found for this problem. I do not want to get rid of the TV because when it is working it is beautiful. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts.

Thanks
Johnny_Nas is offline  
post #10609 of 11280 Old 02-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member
 
cid67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
the lamp door presses a button down when its closed. it prevents the TV from turning on when its not pressed. find a way to keep that button held down. if that fixes the problem you no that's the issue. find a way to rig it. there's also a temperature sensor in the set that may be acting up and may need to be relocated if its an older model. say 2007 era.
cid67 is offline  
post #10610 of 11280 Old 02-13-2012, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
colour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Fenton, Mo.
Posts: 1,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Nas View Post

Hey guys, I have been a lurker for a while now and have scoured this thread....I
My Mitsu is turning off automatically, it seems to happen mostly when first turning the tv on for the day. It will shut it self off roughly every few minutes.

This past weekend it was happening constantly making TV unwatchable. During the end of my warranty I called Mitsu and they sent out a repair guy who stated my lamp doors have become warped and he replaced them. The TV worked for a short time after the fix, but then started turning off again. Mitsu will no longer help me seeing the TV is 2 years old, regardless of this being an ongoing documented problem.

I noticed others have had the same issue, and wanted to see if any resolution has been found for this problem. I do not want to get rid of the TV because when it is working it is beautiful. Let me know if you guys have any thoughts.

Thanks

Seems to me it's overheating if the door warps, is the fan working?
colour is offline  
post #10611 of 11280 Old 02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
nikknightt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: L.A.
Posts: 760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It seems that sometimes I hear a snap type sound coming from my tv area. (hard to explain) It's not like a pop of the bulb (still working) sounds more like it's coming from the cabinet.. and I've heard the sound once in awhile since i've had the wd60-c9.. (couple of yrs) Wondering if anybody else had this quirk and if it means anything. Set works great.. thanks
nikknightt is offline  
post #10612 of 11280 Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gtgray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post

It seems that sometimes I hear a snap type sound coming from my tv area. (hard to explain) It's not like a pop of the bulb (still working) sounds more like it's coming from the cabinet.. and I've heard the sound once in awhile since i've had the wd60-c9.. (couple of yrs) Wondering if anybody else had this quirk and if it means anything. Set works great.. thanks

This is just expansion or contraction of the plastic. You will pretty much hear this on any modern DLP rear projector. I have or had at one time Sammies, HP's and Mitsubishis in various sizes and from 2006 model years to the present and every one of them do it to some extent. I think my 2009 82" Mits did it the least. My 65" HP the most and the 2011 92" somewhere in the middle.

Just another blank signature.
gtgray is online now  
post #10613 of 11280 Old 02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Member
 
innuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anacortes, Wa
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yep, I've noticed that over the nearly 3 years w/ my 73737. It's very random but everything seems to be working fine- except for the two smudges on the screen. It looks like sunlight but it's not. The light engine was replaced two years ago because of this but it's been back for a while. The good thing is that it's only visible when the TV is off & the lights are on. It's under warranty through CPS but I don't know if it's worth the hassle.
innuss is offline  
post #10614 of 11280 Old 02-14-2012, 04:50 PM
GEP
Advanced Member
 
GEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 677
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by innuss View Post

Yep, I've noticed that over the nearly 3 years w/ my 73737. It's very random but everything seems to be working fine- except for the two smudges on the screen. It looks like sunlight but it's not. The light engine was replaced two years ago because of this but it's been back for a while. The good thing is that it's only visible when the TV is off & the lights are on. It's under warranty through CPS but I don't know if it's worth the hassle.

If you see the smudges when the TV is turned off and the room lights are on, it is not the engine. It can be reflections of the room lights that will shine through the screen to the mirror and then back again or there might be some body oils on the screen or dust on the back side of the screen. However light engine problems show up only if the TV is turned on, now while it is turned off.
GEP is offline  
post #10615 of 11280 Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Member
 
dukefett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had almost no problems with my 65737 for about a year and half.

I went away for a long weekend, I come home and now nothing is projecting. It turns on, the light is green, but nothing ever pops up on the screen, no mitsu logo, nothing. It doesn't looking like much is going on when I opened up the side and looked.

Any ideas?
dukefett is offline  
post #10616 of 11280 Old 02-21-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
4mula1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa.
Posts: 1,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukefett View Post

I've had almost no problems with my 65737 for about a year and half.

I went away for a long weekend, I come home and now nothing is projecting. It turns on, the light is green, but nothing ever pops up on the screen, no mitsu logo, nothing. It doesn't looking like much is going on when I opened up the side and looked.

Any ideas?

Have you tried resetting the bulb? Remove it, and place it back in?
4mula1 is offline  
post #10617 of 11280 Old 02-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Member
 
dukefett's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

Have you tried resetting the bulb? Remove it, and place it back in?

I just tried doing that. It didn't work, green light flashed for about 10-15 seconds, then goes solid, but still nothing. BTW I can hear the color wheel spinning up.

Would a bulb just burn out without any warning? It's just weird that it wasn't being used or anything before it went.
dukefett is offline  
post #10618 of 11280 Old 02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
g4s
Senior Member
 
g4s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 221
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukefett View Post

I just tried doing that. It didn't work, green light flashed for about 10-15 seconds, then goes solid, but still nothing. BTW I can hear the color wheel spinning up.

Would a bulb just burn out without any warning? It's just weird that it wasn't being used or anything before it went.

With the TV turned on, try holding the power button on the front of the TV for 10 or 15 seconds to force a reset. Worth a try.
g4s is offline  
post #10619 of 11280 Old 02-21-2012, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
colour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Fenton, Mo.
Posts: 1,752
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukefett View Post

I just tried doing that. It didn't work, green light flashed for about 10-15 seconds, then goes solid, but still nothing. BTW I can hear the color wheel spinning up.

Would a bulb just burn out without any warning? It's just weird that it wasn't being used or anything before it went.

It's just a lamp, they burn out without notice since the day they were invented. Everyone should have a spare on hand.
colour is offline  
post #10620 of 11280 Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Dave84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just picked up a spare Mits lamp from ShopJimmy while they were on sale. I was thinking of replacing my Mits with a new set either plasma or LCD but I still like the PQ of the Mits so much I decided to stick with it. I picked up a used Panny 210 for blue rays and if I ever want to go 3D and given an Xbox for Christmas so I should be set for awhile.

I have low hours on my Mits it is good to hear of sets with so many hours on them still in service.
Dave84 is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off