2Likes

post #10651 of 11280 Old 03-27-2012, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by colour View Post

They had an issue that fixed a similar problem that was fixed with a firmware update. If you're so sure it wouldn't cause it, fix it or be able to do it why don't you have it solved yet?

If you don't wanna try something that cost nothing then just throw it in the trash.

I am not saying your suggestion wont work, I just dont see how a firmware update would fix something when the TV was working just fine with its original firmware for so long.

thank you for your suggestion and I will try it ASAP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10652 of 11280 Old 03-27-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublbagn View Post

I am not saying your suggestion wont work, I just dont see how a firmware update would fix something when the TV was working just fine with its original firmware for so long.

thank you for your suggestion and I will try it ASAP

It was over a year when my 737 had the issue somehow the firmware became corrupted, not saying it will fix it or if you can even do it but it's worth a try.
post #10653 of 11280 Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbotis View Post

I wish those worked, but no.
Any other ideas? Would the firmware update fix it?

I don't know if a firmware update would resolve issue, but it never can hurt to be on the latest firmware. Plus, it just might resolve the issue.
post #10654 of 11280 Old 03-28-2012, 05:05 PM

Liked: 13
I don't wish to start a religious war over when to apply firmware updates,
but to say it never can hurt is a bit of a stretch. In fact, I've seen many
people who lost the use of their BD player after applying a firmware update
and the manufacturer wouldn't do anything about it because the update was
done without provocation. Of course, we're not talking about a BD player,
but my point is with regard to the firmware update and not the specific
device.

If there seems to be a good reason to apply it, I would try it. Otherwise, I
would rather wait for a good reason.

Your mileage may vary, of course. Perhaps Mitsubishi's firmware updates
are error-proof somehow
post #10655 of 11280 Old 03-28-2012, 11:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post

I don't wish to start a religious war over when to apply firmware updates,
but to say it never can hurt is a bit of a stretch. In fact, I've seen many
people who lost the use of their BD player after applying a firmware update
and the manufacturer wouldn't do anything about it because the update was
done without provocation. Of course, we're not talking about a BD player,
but my point is with regard to the firmware update and not the specific
device.

If there seems to be a good reason to apply it, I would try it. Otherwise, I
would rather wait for a good reason.

Your mileage may vary, of course. Perhaps Mitsubishi's firmware updates
are error-proof somehow

I agree when the manufacturer states "Do not apply this update if you are not experiencing these issues" But its worth a try if the TV isn't working. I don't think there been an issue with bricking Mits tvs with firmware updates. Besides many times if a firmware update doesn't work it's user error.
post #10656 of 11280 Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

I agree when the manufacturer states "Do not apply this update if you are not experiencing these issues" But its worth a try if the TV isn't working. I don't think there been an issue with bricking Mits tvs with firmware updates. Besides many times if a firmware update doesn't work it's user error.

+1 ^. If they release a firmware update, it is because they are fixing an issue or adding a service. Whether or not I have the issue being addressed, I always update in order to never experience the issue the new firmware fixes. Especially if your device is not working properly, by all means, update the firmware.
post #10657 of 11280 Old 03-30-2012, 09:14 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:

I have a 73837 that just developed ,out of the blue, shut down after pause on wd screen.
Tried all suggestions & then ordered from Jon at shopjimmy, a lamp balliast & PS .
An hour later last night I downloaded the 11.03 & ran it. BAM... TV started up, saying update sucessfull.
I now have a spare bulb & Jon canncelled my order.
I am shocked & awed! Really.
post #10658 of 11280 Old 03-30-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

+1 ^. If they release a firmware update, it is because they are fixing an issue or adding a service. Whether or not I have the issue being addressed, I always update in order to never experience the issue the new firmware fixes. Especially if your device is not working properly, by all means, update the firmware.

Doing the update not only fixed my wd73837 from not powering up, but it also fixed my Hdmi dropoffs & PS3 disconect problems.
I found that when unrar-unzip files need to be in root of USB Drive.
Undo all onto USB Drive & then Unrar what is left & then copy all from inside the directories to root also.
It works all the time this way.
post #10659 of 11280 Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublbagn View Post

So this is my first post here, even though I have browsed for a long time. I stumbled across this forum when I bought a Mitsu 60" C9, and it helped me avoid some problems and set up the TV properly, so thank you for all your help.

Now onto my problem... I have not seen anyone yet in here that has had the problem I am currently having. I press power and I hear it start to boot up, but the light on the front panel blinks green, then the Mitsu blue welcome screen comes on, it pauses there and then shuts down after 7-15 seconds.

I did the whole reset, hold down the buttons for the error code thing (comes back as error code 12, which is "NO ERROR!"), plugged it into a surge protector and the wall and nothing fixes it. I replaced the bulb on an outside chance it was shorted out after 7k hours of viewing..but still no fix! I even cleaned every vent and heatsink while I was poking around inside the unit.

anyone have any idea as to what the problem and its fix might be?
thanks in advance..

Do the firmware update. 11.03
I was amazed at how it worked.
Same exact simptoms as you had
really easy-canceled parts order
post #10660 of 11280 Old 03-30-2012, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenguru View Post

I have a 73837 that just developed ,out of the blue, shut down after pause on wd screen.
Tried all suggestions & then ordered from Jon at shopjimmy, a lamp balliast & PS .
An hour later last night I downloaded the 11.03 & ran it. BAM... TV started up, saying update sucessfull.
I now have a spare bulb & Jon canncelled my order.
I am shocked & awed! Really.

Glad the update worked for you. A lamp ballast and PS would not have fixed it. A main power board will. I know because I had the issue 2 weeks before the 11.03 firmware was released. Replaced the main board, issue fixed then did the update when it was released. I now have a spare main board.
post #10661 of 11280 Old 03-31-2012, 06:52 AM

Anybody know of a cheap solution to getting a DTV 721 box to play nice with a 73c9 without buying the overpriced adapter. The prices on those have gone up over 300%. My bluray player outputs checkerboard, so the convertor I had, I sent back to Amazon last year. Doh!
post #10662 of 11280 Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:

Glad the update worked for you. A lamp ballast and PS would not have fixed it. A main power board will. I know because I had the issue 2 weeks before the 11.03 firmware was released. Replaced the main board, issue fixed then did the update when it was released. I now have a spare main board.

Colour, where did you get your main board? Is yours an 837 or 737? The ones I'm finding don't have the extra 4th HDMI port on the left.

My 73837 is doing the same as you guys. Gets to the dim portion of the welcome screen and then powers off. The warranty company said it was a Main board and couldn't find one for mine. So I got reimbursed for the price I paid for the tv and have to locate the part on my own.

Luckily I got the extended warranty!
post #10663 of 11280 Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 AM

Did you flash to 11.03?
Fixed my 73837 with same exact problems.
ShopJimmy has main boards, but you might not need one.
post #10664 of 11280 Old 04-02-2012, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniklr View Post

Colour, where did you get your main board? Is yours an 837 or 737? The ones I'm finding don't have the extra 4th HDMI port on the left.

My 73837 is doing the same as you guys. Gets to the dim portion of the welcome screen and then powers off. The warranty company said it was a Main board and couldn't find one for mine. So I got reimbursed for the price I paid for the tv and have to locate the part on my own.

Luckily I got the extended warranty!

Shopjimmy, got a discount had it shipped overnight, re-installed and working in 15 minutes. I have the 737 don't need the extra HDMI since everything goes through my AVR.

Try updating the firmware first.
post #10665 of 11280 Old 04-03-2012, 06:01 AM

Updated the firmware and it worked! Weird. Thanks for the info guys!
post #10666 of 11280 Old 04-03-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:

How can Mitsubishi do such a poor job of getting the word out about an update that
fixes a serious problem. The owners who bought mainboards should be reinbursed as
a unnecesary repair cause by Mitsubihi service dropping the ball.
I'm glad I didn't have to go thru sending my parts back, thanks to the info on this forum.
post #10667 of 11280 Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

How can Mitsubishi do such a poor job of getting the word out about an update that
fixes a serious problem. The owners who bought mainboards should be reinbursed as
a unnecesary repair cause by Mitsubihi service dropping the ball.
I'm glad I didn't have to go thru sending my parts back, thanks to the info on this forum.

I disagree. It is similar to a Technical Service Bulletin with cars. They are not normally available to the public, but if someone comes in with the problem, it gets fixed for free. There are places online where you can find out about these TSBs, and get stuff fixed you didn't even know was broken.

At least the firmware updates are published, and in most cases automatically installed if one is wired to the internet.

Also, the original fix may have been replacing a board, until they got one back and could do a post-mortem on it, then correcting the issue via firmware. Just as with TSBs, it takes time to disseminate these changes and updates to procedures, so boards would continue to be replaced until the firmware fix procedure was distributed.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #10668 of 11280 Old 04-03-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

I disagree. It is similar to a Technical Service Bulletin with cars. They are not normally available to the public, but if someone comes in with the problem, it gets fixed for free. There are places online where you can find out about these TSBs, and get stuff fixed you didn't even know was broken.

At least the firmware updates are published, and in most cases automatically installed if one is wired to the internet.

Also, the original fix may have been replacing a board, until they got one back and could do a post-mortem on it, then correcting the issue via firmware. Just as with TSBs, it takes time to disseminate these changes and updates to procedures, so boards would continue to be replaced until the firmware fix procedure was distributed.

I agree with your reasoning, Mostly.
I take exception as to why service people don't know what to do & want to put a mainboard in, rather than a firmware update?
post #10669 of 11280 Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I agree with your reasoning, Mostly.
I take exception as to why service people don't know what to do & want to put a mainboard in, rather than a firmware update?

That's just service people, not Mitsubishi. Hard to find a good tech these days. It seems all we're left with is parts changers.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #10670 of 11280 Old 04-03-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:

That's just service people, not Mitsubishi. Hard to find a good tech these days. It seems all we're left with is parts changers.

Amen to that brother!
post #10671 of 11280 Old 04-03-2012, 09:14 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Also, the service companies work for multiple brands and manufacturers. They are not exclusive Mitsubsihi and are not even direct Mitsubsihi hires, they are under contract. Even when the service bulletin is sent out, it is not always digested by the field techs right away. If their main manufacturer is a company like Sony or Samsung, they may notice the service bulletins from those companies more than from Mitsubishi.
post #10672 of 11280 Old 04-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:

You were reimbursed for the cost of the tv AND fixed it yourself for free?
post #10673 of 11280 Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

...The warranty company said it was a Main board and couldn't find one for mine. So I got reimbursed for the price I paid for the tv and have to locate the part on my own...

Quote:

It would rekindle my faith in the human race to learn that you returned the check to the warranty company.

post #10674 of 11280 Old 04-26-2012, 08:35 AM

How do I disable the internal processor or am I overriding when I output my sd sources like dvd and laserdisc to 1080p/60?

I thought at first maybe it looked better when I set the input to pc hdmi but I guess it looks the same.

Im not sure if it is still processing on top of my video processor?

Any info on this would be a great help,

Thanks. Duane, MI
post #10675 of 11280 Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 PM

Well I'm selling my WD-82837 to a friend of mine just bought the WD-92840. It kinda feels like I'm losing a old friend
post #10676 of 11280 Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duanevw View Post

How do I disable the internal processor or am I overriding when I output my sd sources like dvd and laserdisc to 1080p/60?

I thought at first maybe it looked better when I set the input to pc hdmi but I guess it looks the same.

Im not sure if it is still processing on top of my video processor?

Any info on this would be a great help,

Thanks. Duane, MI

It is not possible to "turn off all internal video processor" on any TV. Some processing is required to convert incomming signals - even standard signals - to what is required by the display device - often very unique.

However if you send eveything in as 1080p 60Hz, the TV does the least amount of processing. However, it may not be better, that all depends on which device does the best job of converting non-1080p 60Hz signal to 1080p 60Hz. I know my TV is 3x better than my cable box for 480i signals.
post #10677 of 11280 Old 05-07-2012, 11:43 AM

Thanks,

I did disable the auto Geom. That's the best you can do,

Im just trying to help out my laserdisc player clients for their Digital displays,

Thanks

Duane, MI
post #10678 of 11280 Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 AM

I apologize if this has been covered, I'm sure it probably has but searching is inconclusive and maybe I'm not using the right search terms or something.

I read an old press release on a different website that said the WD-82837 was supposed to get a firmware update for it that would eliminate the need for the WDC-1000 3D converter box. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If it is, does the IR transmitter just plug into the back of the TV at that point? I don't want to experiment with firmware upgrades unless it will work. Currently, my WD-82837 is still at 11.01.

I'd be running a PS3, DCX3400 or RNG200 cable box from Comcast, and Apple TV (not that the Apple TV matters for 3d) through a Onkyo TX-NR709 AVR.

Thanks in advance.
post #10679 of 11280 Old 05-22-2012, 09:33 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaC-CK View Post

I apologize if this has been covered, I'm sure it probably has but searching is inconclusive and maybe I'm not using the right search terms or something.

I read an old press release on a different website that said the WD-82837 was supposed to get a firmware update for it that would eliminate the need for the WDC-1000 3D converter box. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If it is, does the IR transmitter just plug into the back of the TV at that point? I don't want to experiment with firmware upgrades unless it will work. Currently, my WD-82837 is still at 11.01.

I'd be running a PS3, DCX3400 or RNG200 cable box from Comcast, and Apple TV (not that the Apple TV matters for 3d) through a Onkyo TX-NR709 AVR.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry but the 3D update you referecne was originally and has always been for the 738 and 838 series, a year after your model. The 737 and 837 series TVs will always need the adatper box. However, if you check the Mitsubsihi web site you will find the most current software for your model. Even if the newest software does not offer new "features" it might fix bugs.
post #10680 of 11280 Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the reply. That's kinda what I figured but was hoping I was wrong. Guess I was a little too quick to pull the trigger on that TV but it's still a great TV in my opinion.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page