2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 379 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
post #11341 of 11343 Old 05-23-2015, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I bought my 73-737 back on May 27, 2009. On that day, my extended warranty through Consumer Priority Service will expire. Thankfully, I never had to use it (I had the DMD chip replaced in May of 2010 but that was replaced on the 1 year Mits warranty). I've had two lamps (the original and a genuine Mits replacement). The picture has gotten a little darker as the lamp has gotten older but changing the setting to bright has fixed that.
A small part of me is irked that I spent $500 on that warranty but never used it, but overall, the peace of mind was worth it (at least that's what I tell myself
The Mits is no longer my main TV ( I got a Vizio M801D-A3 in May of 2014) so it's now in my man cave & used less then 10 hours a week except during football season. I know all electronics will eventually fail but I wonder how many years I have left on it, what part will break & if it will be worth it to get it fixed? I had the Mits 65611 from 2003 to 2009 & I had a convergence failure. I went ahead & paid $250 to get it fixed but 5 months later the DMD module failed. I paid another $200 for that diagnosis but was told that that would be a expensive repair so I then purchased the 737-737. I know all of us who bought this series are in the same boat so I''d like to hear your thoughts. I tend to think that I would pay up to $500 on a repair if it would extend the life of the TV for a couple of years..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11342 of 11343 Old 05-31-2015, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey folks, just thought I'd check in. My 65737 that I bought last summer for $100 is still alive and kicking. I checked my hours count and I've put over 2600 hours on it since I changed the lamp in early June 2014, holy crap! That's like 7 hours a day that I have that thing on, and I live alone. Never really thought about it. Best $100 I could have spent!

Anyway since I have a generic lamp, I decided I'd finally buy a good lamp and bought the philips listing on amazon for $70. The TV still looks good on the generic, but I did go back in and tweak the settings a couple of months ago and the brightness isn't as good as it once was, so it's probably time to change it out.

My set is at 10,800 hours now - I don't think I'd be surprised if the DMD starts going out within the next year but my plan for that eventuality is to just pick up a replacement on shopjimmy and replace it myself vs fighting mits to try to get the $200 deal.

Anyway hope you're all well and still enjoying your 5+ year old monster TV's, I know I am, and don't have any plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Best,

Matt
old corps likes this.
post #11343 of 11343 Unread Today, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lost HDMI

Guys, it's been a long time since I've been in this thread. My WD-82837 has been flawless. Till now. I turned it off last night and went to bed. Then we had a bad storm and the power went out for about 9 hours. I come home from work this evening and turned it on and I have no functioning HDMI inputs. All I have is a blue screen. No HDMI audio either. All the menus work fine. Any thoughts on this situation? Suggestions to get them back on line would be greatly appreciated!

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page