2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 380 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 32Likes

Old 11-17-2015, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello,

I have the mitsubishi wd-65737 with lamp 915B403001

Had the DLP chip replaced on 01-22-14

Replaced the lamp on 07-02-15, was the 2nd lamp. Ordered from Mitsubishi - yesterday I stepped out of the room for about 5 minutes when I returned the screen was black, the light was solid red just as though the bulb had blown. I unplugged the set for 30 minutes and turned it back on. It came on ok but the picture is terrible dim just like it was right before the last bulb went out.

Total Hours of use = 27834

I am not real thrilled about spending another $120.00 plus shipping from Mitsubishi for another lamp.

Would appreciate any
Recommendation as an alternative to the bulb from Mitsubishi.

Thanks,

mark

Mark A Sparks

Mitsubishi 65" WD-65737  |  Denon AVR 1312  |  Polk SDA 2  |  Sony BDP-S790

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2015, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
Hey folks, just thought I'd check in. My 65737 that I bought last summer for $100 is still alive and kicking. I checked my hours count and I've put over 2600 hours on it since I changed the lamp in early June 2014, holy crap! That's like 7 hours a day that I have that thing on, and I live alone. Never really thought about it. Best $100 I could have spent!

Anyway since I have a generic lamp, I decided I'd finally buy a good lamp and bought the philips listing on amazon for $70. The TV still looks good on the generic, but I did go back in and tweak the settings a couple of months ago and the brightness isn't as good as it once was, so it's probably time to change it out.

My set is at 10,800 hours now - I don't think I'd be surprised if the DMD starts going out within the next year but my plan for that eventuality is to just pick up a replacement on shopjimmy and replace it myself vs fighting mits to try to get the $200 deal.

Anyway hope you're all well and still enjoying your 5+ year old monster TV's, I know I am, and don't have any plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Best,

Matt
In a coincidental twist, I ordered up a Vizio 60" M-series 4K TV last week and it's being delivered on Monday. I had a feeling it wouldn't be too long before the DMD started going out on this unit since it's around 12000 hours by now (I think, haven't checked it since my reading above in June but I put a lot of miles on this thing), but it wasn't going out just yet.

Last night, I flip the TV on, and lo and behold--on a black scene, there's a single white pixel that's kind of sporatically flashing. Most of the time it's white, but sometimes it turns to black for a little while.

Considering I only paid $100 for this originally last summer, now I'm torn on whether or not to replace the DMD. If I do, I could probably try to sell the thing for $300 or so around here and get my original $100 back (after replacing the DMD through shopjimmy for--I don't mind doing the labor myself and don't want to deal with Mits), or just give it away for free to one of the college students here in town.

Part of me just wants the old one gone, but part of me hates to see it go in a lower-functioning state than I got it.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:21 AM

Hello,

I am confused about the lamp for the mitsubish wd-65737 with lamp 915B403001

I have decided to go with the OEM bulb, I have found the osram but the number for wattage is 150-180, my original only has 180 stamped on it. What does the 150-180 mean as opposed to only 180?
Osram P-VIP 150-180/1.0 E22RA DLP Bare Bulb

Also, I have found some websites selling original replacement part made by Mitsubishi with a Phillips bulb, how can that be original when I just looked at my original and it is a Osram?

Many thanks for any help with these questions, I just want to make sure I buy the correct lamp.

Mark A Sparks

Old 11-19-2015, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Mark, Numerous pages back a bunch of people talked about replacement bulbs. Philips, Generic versions from Amazon etc.. A lot of info.. You might want to check it out.

Personally, I bought a Philips bare bulb from Amazon & installed it into an old housing. It fit but one of the connectors on the housing was in a different place. Made it harder to install.. I have a 60C9.
Mark A Sparks likes this.

Last edited by nikknightt; 11-19-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I'm not sure if this was clear from the other reply, but there is a difference between a lamp and a bulb. The lamp includes the housing. I've never tried to install a new bulb into an existing housing so I don't know how hard that would be. Looking at my old lamps, I'm not sure I would want to try it.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
Mark, Numerous pages back a bunch of people talked about replacement bulbs. Philips, Generic versions from Amazon etc.. A lot of info.. You might want to check it out.

Personally, I bought a Philips bare bulb from Amazon & installed it into an old housing. It fit but one of the connectors on the housing was in a different place. Made it harder to install.. I have a 60C9.

Thank You nikknightt,

I will look again, I tried to find those post's last night and missed them. I will look again.

Thank You,

Mark A Sparks

Old 11-19-2015, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark A Sparks View Post
Hello,

I am confused about the lamp for the mitsubish wd-65737 with lamp 915B403001

I have decided to go with the OEM bulb, I have found the osram but the number for wattage is 150-180, my original only has 180 stamped on it. What does the 150-180 mean as opposed to only 180?
Osram P-VIP 150-180/1.0 E22RA DLP Bare Bulb

Also, I have found some websites selling original replacement part made by Mitsubishi with a Phillips bulb, how can that be original when I just looked at my original and it is a Osram?

Many thanks for any help with these questions, I just want to make sure I buy the correct lamp.

A lot of people have had problems with the so-called "OEM" lamps. Buy direct from Mitsubishi, it's worth it. https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Pro...Model/WD-65737 My lamps from Mitsubishi have all been Osram.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________

Last edited by Augerhandle; 11-19-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkEHansen View Post
I'm not sure if this was clear from the other reply, but there is a difference between a lamp and a bulb. The lamp includes the housing. I've never tried to install a new bulb into an existing housing so I don't know how hard that would be. Looking at my old lamps, I'm not sure I would want to try it.

The proper term is lamp. These are not like light bulbs, they are specifically specified for each TV's chassis model and they can cause faults with the TVs computer if they are incorrect.

The assembly that holds the lamp is called a cartridge.
old corps likes this.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
Old 11-20-2015, 01:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Easy. Pick the proper bulb from amazon and turn a few screws..

This Philips bulb has worked great for my 60c9 since May 21, 2014
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

Opinions will vary. Choose what's right for you.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikknightt View Post
Easy. Pick the proper bulb from amazon and turn a few screws..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EIoDlz7Pc

This Philips bulb has worked great for my 60c9 since May 21, 2014
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00

Opinions will vary. Choose what's right for you.
I ordered the Osram Lamp from Shop Jimmy,

https://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsea...SRRP-E022-4%29

I have three Mitsubishi lamps and cartridges that are blown, I did a practice run on the first one and broke part of the outer cover.
Next, when the Osram arrived I took the second one apart very carefully and replaced the old lamp with the new one from Shop Jimmy.

The picture is the brightest it has ever been, the colors are also very vivid, I made some adjustments on the brightness.

Overall pleased with the performance of the lamp from shop jimmy, will see how many hours it lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
A lot of people have had problems with the so-called "OEM" lamps. Buy direct from Mitsubishi, it's worth it. https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Pro...Model/WD-65737 My lamps from Mitsubishi have all been Osram.

By the time I read your post I had already ordered the Osram from Shop Jimmy. After doing some more research it states on the shop jimmy website that the lamp is:

Quote:
This is the Original Lamp made by Osram for the Following Assemblies:
Mitsubishi: 915B403001, 915B441001, 915B455011, 915B455012

And this about where the parts come from and "being new"

After reading the information below I have ordered a new lamp and cartridge from Mitsubishi, I will use it when it arrives and save the shop jimmy for a backup.

Quote:
• Where do you get your parts?

• The majority of our parts are reclaimed from new TVs damaged during freight shipping. We also source and manufacture certain TV parts to meet demand.

• Are your parts new or used?

• Neither? Our parts are "reclaimed" or "harvested." Technically, we can't say they're "new" because they don't have an OEM number and we didn't purchase them from the manufacturer. But, they're not "used" because we reclaimed them from new TVs damaged during shipping. We do, however, source various "new" TV parts direct from manufacturers.

The lamps may be ok, it seems possible damage during shipment could degrade the life of the lamp?

Mark A Sparks

Old 12-11-2015, 03:12 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedence85 View Post
I have 60737 which I bought in July 2009 from Tigerdirect, and it's just started the DLP chip problem, with a single white dot. I'm in Canada (Vancouver), Mitsubishi TVs aren't regularly sold in Canadian stores, just online, so am wondering if there's anyone on here from Canada and if they've had any dealing with Mitsubishi overs service of the DLP chip, or any other part. I will be calling customer service to see what they say, but wanted to check here as well.
So I called customer service, and the good thing is they offered the standard replacement DMD chip if I pay for the service, but upon looking for a service center, they said since I'm in Canada, they can't cover the part since the warranty isn't valid outside the US, and offered to give a number to call where I can buy the part, which I declined. I disagreed with this (even though I appreciate they may be technically correct) seeing as I bought it new from a Canadian retailer (Tigerdirect.ca), that the failed part is a known problem, and it's not even their part, so asked if there was anything else they could do. They said I could ship the TV to them and they would fix it, but I declined as the shipping cost probably wouldn't be worth it. I then asked if there was anything else that could be done, the customer service rep didn't seem to know, so I asked to speak with someone higher up. No one was available, but they gave me a service number, and are going to call me back.

According to the website, there is a service center in my area, so will ask them about that next time. I'm prepared to replace the chip myself instead of paying a shop to do it, so would be perfectly happy if this was offered. For those who have done it, did Mitsubishi offer to ship the part to you, or did you have to ask? I'm fully prepared to ask, but don't want to rock the boat too much and spoil things for other people.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedence85 View Post
So I called customer service, and the good thing is they offered the standard replacement DMD chip if I pay for the service, but upon looking for a service center, they said since I'm in Canada, they can't cover the part since the warranty isn't valid outside the US, and offered to give a number to call where I can buy the part, which I declined. I disagreed with this (even though I appreciate they may be technically correct) seeing as I bought it new from a Canadian retailer (Tigerdirect.ca), that the failed part is a known problem, and it's not even their part, so asked if there was anything else they could do. They said I could ship the TV to them and they would fix it, but I declined as the shipping cost probably wouldn't be worth it. I then asked if there was anything else that could be done, the customer service rep didn't seem to know, so I asked to speak with someone higher up. No one was available, but they gave me a service number, and are going to call me back.

According to the website,there is a service center in my area, so will ask them about that next time. I'm prepared to replace the chip myself instead of paying a shop to do it, so would be perfectly happy if this was offered. For those who have done it, did Mitsubishi offer to ship the part to you, or did you have to ask? I'm fully prepared to ask, but don't want to rock the boat too much and spoil things for other people.

Call them back and tell them about the service center. They might ship the part there.

Old 12-13-2015, 07:31 PM

Liked: 10
First White Dot

I just replaced my original lamp on my 65C9. Was funny that the old one totally died the day after I got the new bulb but had not put it in yet. I got 9300 hours out of it so not bad. Now I have one dreaded white dot. Is it just coincidence that is happened right after I replaced the bulb? From what I have read the white dot is the chip so should not be caused by anything from the bulb like dirt? Not ready to upgrade to 4k yet so will probably call mitsu for the $200 replacement unless anyone thinks it could be something else.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I just replaced my original lamp on my 65C9. Was funny that the old one totally died the day after I got the new bulb but had not put it in yet. I got 9300 hours out of it so not bad. Now I have one dreaded white dot. Is it just coincidence that is happened right after I replaced the bulb? From what I have read the white dot is the chip so should not be caused by anything from the bulb like dirt? Not ready to upgrade to 4k yet so will probably call mitsu for the $200 replacement unless anyone thinks it could be something else.

Nothing to do with the lamp, as the chip is hermetically sealed in a clean room. TI produced defective chips for a few model years, and that's why they're replacing them out of warranty.

Old 12-15-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Call them back and tell them about the service center. They might ship the part there.
I didn't receive a call back, so called them back today, was able to speak to a supervisor, and mentioned the service center in Vancouver. They looked up the service center in Vancouver, which they confirmed, but said I would have to arrange the service and they would not cover the part. They did, however, still offer to cover the part if I ship the TV to a service center in the US, so I asked them if the problem was the validity of the warranty (the warranty shouldn't really matter at this stage anyhow since it's long expired), why are they then honouring the warranty if I send the TV to a US service center, but not at a Canadian one. They explained that the service center in Vancouver is not one that Mitsubishi company chosen service center, rather one that has chosen themselves to become a service center. I then asked, since the DMD chip is not made by Mitsubishi, but Texas Instruments, and is being replaced due to a bad run, why should this matter, but they said the replacement part is made by Mitsubishi. There was, of course, no offer to send the part to me, only to a service center.

Anyhow, I'm disappointing, but at least I can get the part from ShopJimmy (or similar) and the cost is about the same as the shop labour I would have had to pay.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 93
My WD-73C9 has come up with a new problem - error code 48

description: PON-SHORT 3.3V or 5V switched supply short
most likely cause: PWB-MAIN Failure

From what I can tell this is a failure of the main board. The board that used to be $100 and now only seems to be in stock at one place for $380. A rebuild seems to run $250. Any idea what actually dies on the boards? Bad caps by any chance?

Lamp and chip replaced 15 months ago....
Old 01-17-2016, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I posted this up in another thread (Defective Mistu DLP Thread), but since my TV is a 65C9 purchased 1/2/2010 I figured I'd post here.

Paraphrasing: It has a bad DMD Chip, started as a few white spots now white and black spots galore. I know Mitsu will sometimes cover this part if you pay $200 for the labor (seems to be hit and miss). However, last night while watching the TV the screen flickered for a split second, a few weird lines appear, then it was gone. It was good another minute or two, then did it again. I've read this is either the color wheel or the light engine. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? The bulb should be good, it's a Phillips Osram bulb, about a year old or so.

I'm going to guess if this is caused by either of those, that the color wheel and/or light engine is a different part than the DMD chip they are replacing and that it's not covered under the seemingly hit and miss "good faith" repair. I've also read the color wheel is hard to find and/or not made anymore, and that the light engine is crazy expensive. I'm hoping it's not wither of those if they aren't part of the DMD repair, but I won't hold my breath. If anyone has any experience with this issue, please let me know. If I have to opt for a new LED TV vs repair, we'll have to downgrade to a 50" or smaller due to my current budget. Thanks!

EDIT: Browsing ShopJimmy.com, it looks like the DMD Chip could be replaced as a stand alone part or as the entire optical light engine. Unfortunately, they are sold out of the optical light engine for the WD65C9 and have no restock date (price wasn't too bad, should include a new DMD Chip). Since it's not in stock and has no expected restock date, I can't just order up the part from them to fix it. Can anyone who's had this repair done by Mitsu verify that Mitsu replaces just the DMD chip vs the entire optical engine?

Links:

Chip Only: https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-mi...7-dlp-chip.htm
Light Engine: https://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi...cal-engine.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobeer4don View Post
My WD-73C9 has come up with a new problem - error code 48

description: PON-SHORT 3.3V or 5V switched supply short
most likely cause: PWB-MAIN Failure

From what I can tell this is a failure of the main board. The board that used to be $100 and now only seems to be in stock at one place for $380. A rebuild seems to run $250. Any idea what actually dies on the boards? Bad caps by any chance?

Lamp and chip replaced 15 months ago....
I remember reading awhile ago some of the Mitsu TV's had bad caps on the boards, it could be that. I tried to find a link but I can't find it at the moment.

Last edited by eckoman; 01-17-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoman View Post
I posted this up in another thread (Defective Mistu DLP Thread), but since my TV is a 65C9 purchased 1/2/2010 I figured I'd post here.

Paraphrasing: It has a bad DMD Chip, started as a few white spots now white and black spots galore. I know Mitsu will sometimes cover this part if you pay $200 for the labor (seems to be hit and miss). However, last night while watching the TV the screen flickered for a split second, a few weird lines appear, then it was gone. It was good another minute or two, then did it again. I've read this is either the color wheel or the light engine. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? The bulb should be good, it's a Phillips Osram bulb, about a year old or so.

I'm going to guess if this is caused by either of those, that the color wheel and/or light engine is a different part than the DMD chip they are replacing and that it's not covered under the seemingly hit and miss "good faith" repair. I've also read the color wheel is hard to find and/or not made anymore, and that the light engine is crazy expensive. I'm hoping it's not wither of those if they aren't part of the DMD repair, but I won't hold my breath. If anyone has any experience with this issue, please let me know. If I have to opt for a new LED TV vs repair, we'll have to downgrade to a 50" or smaller due to my current budget. Thanks!

EDIT: Browsing ShopJimmy.com, it looks like the DMD Chip could be replaced as a stand alone part or as the entire optical light engine. Unfortunately, they are sold out of the optical light engine for the WD65C9 and have no restock date (price wasn't too bad, should include a new DMD Chip). Since it's not in stock and has no expected restock date, I can't just order up the part from them to fix it. Can anyone who's had this repair done by Mitsu verify that Mitsu replaces just the DMD chip vs the entire optical engine?

Links:

Chip Only: https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-mi...7-dlp-chip.htm
Light Engine: https://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi...cal-engine.htm

I remember reading awhile ago some of the Mitsu TV's had bad caps on the boards, it could be that. I tried to find a link but I can't find it at the moment.
I had my DMD chip replaced by Mitsubishi on that $200 out of warranty deal last summer. I watched him do it so I can verify that only the chip was replaced.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Set845 View Post
I had my DMD chip replaced by Mitsubishi on that $200 out of warranty deal last summer. I watched him do it so I can verify that only the chip was replaced.
Thanks for verifying this. That saves me from having Mitsu replace the chip since I'll still have a bad color wheel.

If anyone knows of a reputable place other than ShopJimmy.com where I can purchase the full light engine for the WD65-C9, please let me know. Shop Jimmy is out of stock. I'll replace it myself IF I can find the part
Old 01-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoman View Post
Thanks for verifying this. That saves me from having Mitsu replace the chip since I'll still have a bad color wheel.

If anyone knows of a reputable place other than ShopJimmy.com where I can purchase the full light engine for the WD65-C9, please let me know. Shop Jimmy is out of stock. I'll replace it myself IF I can find the part
I just clicked on the DLP chip link you provided and the site said it was available and I could add it to the cart.

Mike T
Old 01-21-2016, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wd-73737

HI all. I bought my DLP back in late 2009 and never had any issues with it until recently. I am experiencing a dim picture. I tried reseting to factory settings but that didnt change anything. I went in to the service menu for the first time and it says the DM Software is V41 011.00 and total hours of use is 12. I was thinking maybe I should trying cleaning the mirror and lamp or something first. Can anyone point me to how to clean the inside and possibly point to a good replacement lamp or bulb in case I need one?
Old 01-21-2016, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisfro98 View Post
HI all. I bought my DLP back in late 2009 and never had any issues with it until recently. I am experiencing a dim picture. I tried reseting to factory settings but that didnt change anything. I went in to the service menu for the first time and it says the DM Software is V41 011.00 and total hours of use is 12. I was thinking maybe I should trying cleaning the mirror and lamp or something first. Can anyone point me to how to clean the inside and possibly point to a good replacement lamp or bulb in case I need one?

First off, welcome to the forum! You have an easy fix. Just replace the lamp. The lamp is designed to be replaced every couple of years. You're way past that (and it's also obvious that your hour meter is not working).

It's easy to replace the lamp, just two screws, and a drawer-like cartridge that slides out.

Buy only from Mitsubishi. The lamps are engineered for each specific chassis model. Discount lamps found online are known to cause trouble with the TV, and may even damage it. I've read too many horror stories around the forums about lamps messing up TVs. It's not worth the risk of wrecking a perfectly good TV to save $50 on a lamp.

Here is the lamp https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Pro...Model/WD-73737

Save your old lamp in the box from the new lamp. Sometimes these lamps don't dim, but just go out. If that happens to the new lamp in a few years, You can pop in the old lamp so you can still watch TV while waiting for another replacement to ship.

Good luck! Post back when you replace the lamp. You'll be amazed at the TV's brightness. It'll be like having a brand new TV again!

Old 01-21-2016, 08:08 PM

Awesome. I'll post back when I replace it. Thanks
Old 01-21-2016, 08:12 PM

Is there anything special I need to do after I replace it, like in the service console or menu settings?
Old 01-22-2016, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisfro98 View Post
Is there anything special I need to do after I replace it, like in the service console or menu settings?

No, other than you'll probably need to turn your contrast down to the mid 30s or so.

Read pages 70-71 https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/asset/...737-837_OG.pdf

Last edited by Augerhandle; 01-22-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Also, from my notes, the hour meter on the TV is fixed with firmware version 11.01
Way back when ... I was told to call 800-332-2119 and select the option for software updates.

Note that this hour meter is meant to track the hours for the TV, not the lamp. However, I just keep track of the value when I change lamps, and do the math myself to determine the hours on a particular lamp.

Good luck.
old corps and Augerhandle like this.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:50 PM

3d glasses setup for WD 65737?

Hi folks,

I've been using a Visio 42 inch passive tv for my computer monitor and when I want to watch anything in 3d I just put on the glasses and select 3d in the menu.

I bought a Wd 65737 from a friend who never used the 3d. What extras do I need to purchase to view 3d content on this tv? I'll have a Ps3, Apple tv 4 and a recently purchased blu-ray player to use with it.

In trying to research my own answer I am unsure whether I can use just dlp link glasses or must I buy an emitter too, or an emitter and glasses that are different that the dlp link glasses.

Thanks in advance, Crodley
Old 03-18-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crodley View Post
Hi folks,

I've been using a Visio 42 inch passive tv for my computer monitor and when I want to watch anything in 3d I just put on the glasses and select 3d in the menu.

I bought a Wd 65737 from a friend who never used the 3d. What extras do I need to purchase to view 3d content on this tv? I'll have a Ps3, Apple tv 4 and a recently purchased blu-ray player to use with it.

In trying to research my own answer I am unsure whether I can use just dlp link glasses or must I buy an emitter too, or an emitter and glasses that are different that the dlp link glasses.

Oh and p.s. Is there a "factory reset" type option, or should I just plug my stuff in and turn it on and see if it recognizes the new devices by itself?
Old 03-18-2016, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crodley View Post
Hi folks,

You'll need the 3D adapter and DLP Link glasses. http://www.amazon.com/3DC1000-adapte.../dp/B00VF0EK28

Old 03-18-2016, 08:55 PM

Quote:
You'll need the 3D adapter and DLP Link glasses.
Thanks for the information. The link is only for a used one and for 160 bucks. Yikes. Are they still making something similar that would work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Mitsubishi
taboola here