2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 383 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 42Likes

Old 07-26-2016, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
It took me two minutes from start to finish to replace my lamp with no instruction and only a power drill with a light on it. With that said I ordered a backup lamp for my $17.51 lamp. It cost cost me nearly $19.00. I will keep this thread updated on the lifespan of my generic lamp. I use this forum to calculate the hours of the new lamp. (14833) hours for the original lamp.
where do you order your lamps from please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
where do you order your lamps from please?
I got two lamps from the same place. The second one was a backup in case a lamp failed. The first one went out right around 30 days. I think it was a fluke but under warranty. The customer service was very good. The lamp appeared not to have blown and showed no signs of damage. The Mitsubishi 73" said otherwise. I am a veteran of DLP TV's. I have seen lamps that you can see popped or burned out. In my case the lamp still looked brand new after it failed. I double checked by popping in the backup and did an A-B comparison back and forth twice and no dice on the first lamp.

I do not want to say where I got it from yet because their customer service has been good. My goal is to get a solid year out of each bulb. These are generics and not Phillips or Osram lamps with the plastic housing. The picture is equal to the name brand stuff including the original lamp which I think was Osram.

My philosophy on DLP lamps is very different from others. If you have the correct model lamp it can't hurt your TV other than needing to replace lamps quite often if they are unreliable.

I was thinking about the DLP lamps today and wondering if I would simply have 3 or 4 backup lamps and simply swap them out if one should fail.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 712 Post(s)
Liked: 605
Quote:
...The first one went out right around 30 days. ....

That says it all.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
Old 07-30-2016, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Philips PHI/915B403001 REAR PROJECTION LAMP FOR MITSUBISHI https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045DF81O..._s1wNxb0YCQ7E0

I ordered this bulb. It came a few days ago, not much problems installing. I opted against blowing out the dust, because I didn't want have any land somewhere I didn't want.

The cartridge is a little lighter plastic. And I noticed it was missing the metal screen to the side of the bulb.

The connectors were a little loose on the tv, and were drooping down just a bit. I was extremely careful trying to get a good fit, but once the the connections were aligned it went in easily.

The bulb is genuine Phillips, and has insets showing how to identify the bulb. I kept the old one which dimmed in case this one breaks.

Once turned on, and I dropped brightness down and dropped the gamma from 1.8 back to 2.4 and I'm all good!

- Todd
www.toddlbauerle.com

Mitsubishi 65737 | Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Sony BDP-S590

Old 08-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

I am back to two lamps. My replacement lamp arrives tomorrow. I cracked open my original Mitsubishi lamp and it was an Osram. Made in China it said as well. It never died, the picture simply became very dim. When I say I cracked it open. Literally, a flathead screwdriver to pop it open cracked the plastic casing on both sides.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
I am back to two lamps. My replacement lamp arrives tomorrow. I cracked open my original Mitsubishi lamp and it was an Osram. Made in China it said as well. It never died, the picture simply became very dim. When I say I cracked it open. Literally, a flathead screwdriver to pop it open cracked the plastic casing on both sides.
I was wondering if anyone else got long life out of the original bulb on a DLP. I went 19830 hours on my original. I was laid up for a year due to an accident, wife was living in the family room with the Mitsubishi 78737. I finally was able to come out to that room and wondered why she was watching such a dim picture (she doesn't care). I ordered a bulb, and had my brother come over to put it in, as I had no strength to pull the TV out to get to it. That all done, pushed back and all, bright picture, the TV started shutting off. Thanks to this website, I found they had pushed the TV too close to the wall for proper ventilation. I installed a laptop computer cooler on the back, plugged it into the USB port and haven't had a problem since, even though it runs 24/7 unless I turn it off (she won't). I guess I escaped the DLP chip problems others had, and I love this TV still after 5 1/2 years and I only paid $1700 for it. OTOH, I just ordered a 55"LG OLED today for our Master bedroom for $1741 delivered.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
WD-65C9 that wont turn on

Hi I have a wd-65c9 that doesnt have any sign of life (no status lights, clicking or any sound) when plugged in and with any button pressed. BUT oddly it will blink yellow if the back panel is open. It happened right after a power outbreak happened and when the power came back. Main board toast??
Old 09-04-2016, 04:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ds View Post
Hi I have a wd-65c9 that doesnt have any sign of life (no status lights, clicking or any sound) when plugged in and with any button pressed. BUT oddly it will blink yellow if the back panel is open. It happened right after a power outbreak happened and when the power came back. Main board toast??
You should always have a backup lamp that works to test your TV. Having an extra lamp removes much of the guessing game to diagnose the problem.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply. It miraculously worked again after i disconnected each of the connection inside. I was so ready on buying a new tv. This thing just keeps on chugging, I love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Mitsubishi