2009 Mitsubishi Owners Thread (C9/737/837) - Page 383 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 40Likes

post #11461 of 11463 Old Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
It took me two minutes from start to finish to replace my lamp with no instruction and only a power drill with a light on it. With that said I ordered a backup lamp for my $17.51 lamp. It cost cost me nearly $19.00. I will keep this thread updated on the lifespan of my generic lamp. I use this forum to calculate the hours of the new lamp. (14833) hours for the original lamp.
where do you order your lamps from please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11462 of 11463 Old Today, 12:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokozuna View Post
where do you order your lamps from please?
I got two lamps from the same place. The second one was a backup in case a lamp failed. The first one went out right around 30 days. I think it was a fluke but under warranty. The customer service was very good. The lamp appeared not to have blown and showed no signs of damage. The Mitsubishi 73" said otherwise. I am a veteran of DLP TV's. I have seen lamps that you can see popped or burned out. In my case the lamp still looked brand new after it failed. I double checked by popping in the backup and did an A-B comparison back and forth twice and no dice on the first lamp.

I do not want to say where I got it from yet because their customer service has been good. My goal is to get a solid year out of each bulb. These are generics and not Phillips or Osram lamps with the plastic housing. The picture is equal to the name brand stuff including the original lamp which I think was Osram.

My philosophy on DLP lamps is very different from others. If you have the correct model lamp it can't hurt your TV other than needing to replace lamps quite often if they are unreliable.

I was thinking about the DLP lamps today and wondering if I would simply have 3 or 4 backup lamps and simply swap them out if one should fail.
post #11463 of 11463 Old Today, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
...The first one went out right around 30 days. ....

That says it all.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page