post #1501 of 11289 Old 07-25-2009, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pummill49 View Post

Thanks Slimoli. On my current system, I am running seperate component cables from my DVR and DVD player to the TV and toslink from the DVR to the receiver and 6.1 audio from my DVD to the receiver.

So I think I'll exchange one of my two 1m HDMI-1's in for another 3m length so that I can configure it like you suggest and basically like I have my current set up. Thanks again.

This TV will be ISF calibrated after about 100 hours of break in. This is a great resource for answers to many questions.

The ISF calibrator most likely will suggest 2 different inputs.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 11289 Old 07-25-2009, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuvial View Post

Can you explain this statement a little more? I think many of us would like to understand exactly what you mean.

Two of the test patterns that the Lumagen has are specifically to test for 1:1 pixel mapping--one for horizontal and one for vertical. Basically, the horizontal pattern has alternating black & white horizontal lines that are one pixel in height, and the vertical pattern has alternating black & white vertical lines that are one pixel in width.

Before I changed anything, I put these patterns up. Both showed large gray blobs all along the edge areas, which is where I assume the initial factory geometry adjustments had been made. Why the factory adjustments didn't do a better job, I do not know. There was still some bowing with the out-of-the-box settings. I mean if you're going to make geometry adjustments, and wreck the 1:1 pixel mapping anyway, you might as well adjust it all the way. The middle area of both patterns did look okay. So, maybe some parts of the picture can have 1:1, while other parts don't?

With the horizontal pattern displayed, when I pressed menu, 2, 4, 5, 7, zero, arrowed down to manual geometry alignment, hit enter, then hit enter again, all of the gray blobs disappeared instantly. I checked the vertical pattern, and all of the gray blobs were gone, too. So, both patterns now displayed a perfect 1:1 pixel mapping.
post #1503 of 11289 Old 07-25-2009, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is a question for you 737/837 owners.

Would you take a WD-65737 over a WD-65835?

Due to budget issues the WD-65837 is just a tad out of my price range (unless someone knows of a reputable dealer with sub-$1800 65837's for sale). However, I can get the 835 for virtually the exact same price as the 737.

So which would be the better set? Which would give me the best picture quality? 835 or 737?
post #1504 of 11289 Old 07-25-2009, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magi09 View Post

Due to budget issues the WD-65837 is just a tad out of my price range (unless someone knows of a reputable dealer with sub-$1800 65837's for sale). However, I can get the 835 for virtually the exact same price as the 737.

So which would be the better set? Which would give me the best picture quality? 835 or 737?

The 835, better blacks.

Standard Definition Causes Lung Cancer, Heart Disease, Emphysema, And May Complicate Pregnancy
post #1505 of 11289 Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozuser View Post

How risky is buying from them if anything happens with the TV (defective) and there is a need for exchange or return.

I have never done business with them, but they do have a good rating (9.3 lifetime, 9.5 in the last 6 months).

The only problem would be that you have no return policy. Your only course of action would be through the Mitsubishi warranty. Not that that's a bad thing, but not as easy a simple return.
post #1506 of 11289 Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joikd View Post

With the horizontal pattern displayed, when I pressed menu, 2, 4, 5, 7, zero, arrowed down to manual geometry alignment, hit enter, then hit enter again, all of the gray blobs disappeared instantly. I checked the vertical pattern, and all of the gray blobs were gone, too. So, both patterns now displayed a perfect 1:1 pixel mapping.

Interesting. Can you share the test patterns?
post #1507 of 11289 Old 07-25-2009, 11:49 PM

Does anyone have a picture of an 82" with something in the picture that provides a size reference?
post #1508 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

There are all kinds of HDTV test patterns for download here http://www.w6rz.net/ If you download the all patterns zip file (150MB) be careful when you uncompress the zip it will be about 4 GB.

The horzpix1.ts and vertpix1.ts are the two files for checking for 1:1 pixel mapping.

Mike T
post #1509 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:

I think that's the peoblem. You're using cable, not an OTA antenna. There's no guide info with cable.

I have the same problem.

That's not true with Comcast - we have full TV Guide Listings throughout with our Cable Boxes. However, I'd prefer Uverse FIOS thru AT&T or Verizon though as I can get 4 times the HD Channels for alot less money while Comcast is King of the HD "On-Demand" Rerun materials - but they're taking forever to enter our market - proof that the lack of competition sucks and Comcast can overcharge in our market until it arrives. Perfect example of Monopoly control of a market.

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #1510 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Whats the round cover on the side of my 837 for?
post #1511 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

Two of the test patterns that the Lumagen has are specifically to test for 1:1 pixel mapping--one for horizontal and one for vertical. Basically, the horizontal pattern has alternating black & white horizontal lines that are one pixel in height, and the vertical pattern has alternating black & white vertical lines that are one pixel in width.

Before I changed anything, I put these patterns up. Both showed large gray blobs all along the edge areas, which is where I assume the initial factory geometry adjustments had been made. Why the factory adjustments didn't do a better job, I do not know. There was still some bowing with the out-of-the-box settings. I mean if you're going to make geometry adjustments, and wreck the 1:1 pixel mapping anyway, you might as well adjust it all the way. The middle area of both patterns did look okay. So, maybe some parts of the picture can have 1:1, while other parts don't?

Did the geometry change much when you did this?
post #1512 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboo View Post

Whats the round cover on the side of my 837 for?

I believe that is for mirror inspection/cleaning...
post #1513 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama29 View Post

Did the geometry change much when you did this?

It became slightly worse around the edges, but still acceptable for me.
post #1514 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtallent View Post

There are all kinds of HDTV test patterns for download here http://www.w6rz.net/ If you download the all patterns zip file (150MB) be careful when you uncompress the zip it will be about 4 GB.

The horzpix1.ts and vertpix1.ts are the two files for checking for 1:1 pixel mapping.

Mike T

The test patterns that I used are generated by the Lumagen, but it looks like mtallent found some for you.
post #1515 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Can you see the 1 pixel pattern on the screen if you get up close to the screen? I can see the horizontal 1 pixel lines on the vertical resolution signal but when I use the horizontal 1 pixel test signal the screen is grey but I cannot see the individual lines of the test signal. I could on my now dead Samsung 61 inch DLP.

Mike T
post #1516 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Did anybody have experience with defectictive TV from OneCall?

Non-Returnable Items:

OneCall is unable to accept returns of the following items:

* Televisions over 20 inches

How risky is buying from them if anything happens with the TV (defective) and there is a need for exchange or return.

They have current $100 Mitsubishi rebate in AmEx gift card and 18-month Mitsubishi credit card financing wit 0% interest though... And prices are pretty reasonable on some selected models.

I have never done business with them, but they do have a good rating (9.3 lifetime, 9.5 in the last 6 months).

The only problem would be that you have no return policy. Your only course of action would be through the Mitsubishi warranty. Not that that's a bad thing, but not as easy a simple return.

THANX illuvial

I've decided to make a shot and ordered 65835 from them. It looks like gambling for me, but I won a little bit in Vegas few months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post

Quote:

The 835, better blacks.

Not only DarkDetailer, but also

* better remote control (universal) at least for me - I tried both in store 737(sucks) and 835: big diffrence,
* more ports, including USB and even S-Video,
* and probably most important for me - 2 RF antenna inputs for cable and air (in 837 just one )
* nice front blue light , BTW you can turn it off.
etc...

So, for 100 bucks more than 737 got better specs. OneCall has 2 day sale this weekend: -$100 of prevous sale price. For less than 1500 (after additional $100 Mitsubishi Movie Magic rebate) it's not bad. Let's see how it works in my room when delivered.

P.S. The best looking for me in store so far 82737 with BlueRay movie palying - 82' big screen matters, but big bucks also...
post #1517 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:

Can you see the 1 pixel pattern on the screen if you get up close to the screen? I can see the horizontal 1 pixel lines on the vertical resolution signal but when I use the horizontal 1 pixel test signal the screen is grey but I cannot see the individual lines of the test signal. I could on my now dead Samsung 61 inch DLP.

Mike T

Yes, up close I can clearly see across the entire screen alternating black & white lines on both the vertical and horizontal patterns. Have you tried going back into the service menu, and try enabling 1:1 again?
post #1518 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Nevermind ! I put the test patterns on my WD media player and the 1:1 pixel pattern looked great and I could clearly see the alternating black and white lines both vertical and horizontal. Now I have to find out what happened to the computer when playing through the 65837, worked fine with the Samsung. Maybe when you name it PC the 65837 does some strange processing, will look deeper.

Love the WD player

Thanks for the help

Mike T
post #1519 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama29 View Post

I believe that is for mirror inspection/cleaning...

You can clean the inside of your screen and change your bulb. It is basically just a cover over a hole. Open it up and look, you won't hurt anything. Just don't get a bunch of dust in there.
post #1520 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

You can clean the inside of your screen and change your bulb. It is basically just a cover over a hole. Open it up and look, you won't hurt anything. Just don't get a bunch of dust in there.

Can I clean the mirror from that hole?
post #1521 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

Does anyone have a picture of an 82" with something in the picture that provides a size reference?

ABT had the dimensions of the 82" model on their site, then I went to their store in Illinois and compared it to the 70" Sony LCD panel next to it.
While the Sony is smaller, it has side speaker panels, so it looks almost as wide as the 82" Mits, but not in height, of course.
As for picture quality, the Mits was excellent from what I could see, ABT was offering a mixture of HD programming on their screens and the Mits looked as good if not better than the 70" Sony LCD next to it.
For the money to buy the Sony 70" at $20,0000 each, you could buy a backup 82" Mits or 5 of their 82" sets (just for comparison).
For many, if they don't want the expense of buying the drop down screen, an expensive front projector, its mounting and their pricey replacement bulbs, the 82" Mits is an excellent option. I already am doing a spec for a basement HT setup for this one, including a family room/brst nook/kitchen setup that seems to please everyone, FYI. The only concern is getting the size right for the 82" Mits to sit on, but we are working on that, too.
post #1522 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 05:46 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gparris View Post

ABT had the dimensions of the 82" model on their site, then I went to their store in Illinois and compared it to the 70" Sony LCD panel next to it.
While the Sony is smaller, it has side speaker panels, so it looks almost as wide as the 82" Mits, but not in height, of course.
As for picture quality, the Mits was excellent from what I could see, ABT was offering a mixture of HD programming on their screens and the Mits looked as good if not better than the 70" Sony LCD next to it.
For the money to buy the Sony 70" at $20,0000 each, you could buy a backup 82" Mits or 5 of their 82" sets (just for comparison).
For many, if they don't want the expense of buying the drop down screen, an expensive front projector, its mounting and their pricey replacement bulbs, the 82" Mits is an excellent option. I already am doing a spec for a basement HT setup for this one, including a family room/brst nook/kitchen setup that seems to please everyone, FYI. The only concern is getting the size right for the 82" Mits to sit on, but we are working on that, too.

check my pics and videos a few posts back
post #1523 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

At the same price, I'd take the 835. . . if it was new-in-the-box. If it was a floor model, I might at least try to talk my way into a new bulb or at least be emotionally prepared to spend the ~$100 to put a new bulb in.
post #1524 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:

Mike T

Thanks! I want to try this myself.
post #1525 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post

That's not true with Comcast - we have full TV Guide Listings throughout with our Cable Boxes. However, I'd prefer Uverse FIOS thru AT&T or Verizon though as I can get 4 times the HD Channels for alot less money while Comcast is King of the HD "On-Demand" Rerun materials - but they're taking forever to enter our market - proof that the lack of competition sucks and Comcast can overcharge in our market until it arrives. Perfect example of Monopoly control of a market.

Lucky you. I get squat!
post #1526 of 11289 Old 07-26-2009, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

I've decided to make a shot and ordered 65835 from them.

Just did the same thing.

I've been planning on buying the 65737 from Fry's, but when I went in today I noticed they had raised the price up to $1599 (same as best buy).

Was all set to order from BB with the Vudu and $50 gift card deal until I saw the onecall deal.

Still not 100% sure I made the right decision with the 65835 over the 65737, but life is a gamble.

My only worry now is the onecall delivery. They provide curb drop, so you have to be home to get it and I'm going to be doing quite a bit of traveling over the next few weeks. I don't really want the TV sitting on my curb for 3 days.

Also have to decide if I want the Vudu player and $50 credit or the $100 gift card. Decisions, decisions.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #1527 of 11289 Old 07-27-2009, 12:19 AM

Quote:

I'll tell you the story of how I bought my 65837 on Saturday.

I was initially considering the 73835 (Diamond) after I saw it at Best Buy on clearance ($1999) but then after assessing my room and viewing distance, realized 73" was just a tad too big and I'd have to settle for 65".

I went to 6ave.com on Thursday and just for fun did the you set your own price offer they had running and here is what they sent me back on Friday (7/25).

Quote:

Your request for 1 Mitsubishi WD-65737 65" 1080p 120Hz Home Theater DLP HDTV for xxxx.xx each has been counter offered with a new price of $1,296.00

with I believe free shipping but it was like 7-10 days. (I think the offer ends on 7/28)

Now, that was too great of a deal for me to pass up.. but I hadn't done any research on the 737 model and I was worried it wouldn't be as good as the one I saw at best buy. SO I did some research... turns out it isn't as good as the Diamond 835 series (mostly about the black levels, this thread mentions it about 20 pages back in a more technical sense). So... at a crossroad I decided to see what the price difference on that would be from the 737 to the 835, 6ave.com doesn't offer the diamond series (835) so I ended up going to Electronic-Expo.com and finding a great deal in the circular for the 65835 at $1,487.80 and they advertised take an extra 10% off BUT they didn't offer free shipping and I couldn't find anywhere to redeem the 10% off coupon. So, I waited until Saturday Morning (the last day of the circular but they still offer the 835 at 1487.80 as of this posting) and called up the sales department. Turns out it was only for in store purchases and I didn't want to drive 3 hours to the store on a Saturday.. So the sales guy apologized and tried to sell me on the 837 instead and said it was an upgrade. Now, I didn't believe him and told him as such and said thanks but no thanks buddy, he gave me his extension and gave him my email address and I said if I changed my mind I'd call him back after I saw Harry Potter.

So he emailed me back... told me the specs of the 837 and how it was better then the 835 and offered me the 65837 for $1347.30. I called him up and accepted the offer and I get it sometime this week.

So, if you want the 835, you can get it from Electronic Expo right now for around $1500 + shipping (they're sticklers about the 835 and no free shipping... but apparently the 837 is free shipping, weird if you do go with Electronic Expo... you may want to order from sales department and point that out, since they weigh about the same and they might cut you a break) or you can head on over to 6ave.com and try to finagle yourself a good deal... but the promo ends Tuesday at Midnight.

So... the answer to your questions is in there... long winded but if I just said how much I got mine for... it wouldn't have helped you, since I doubt that can be recreated but there are deals still out there.
post #1528 of 11289 Old 07-27-2009, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 44
http://hdguru.com/on-line-hdtv-store...mer-fraud/448/

Gives list of bait and switch e-tailers.

(this post does not refer to any buyers here, just a FYI on some of the more blatant online scamers).

INVESTIGATION OF ON-LINE CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MERCHANTS
List of company addresses and d/b/a names for restitution funds:
● 1 Way Photo: J&V Marketing, Inc., One Way Photo, 1 Way Photo,
1wayphoto, Lenses n’ More, LensesNMore, 1WAYPHOTO.COM, and
LENSESNMORE.COM.
§ Address: 5409 18th Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11204.
● 86th Street Photo: 86th Street Photo, Inc. and Y.E.S.
International LLC d/b/a 86th Street Photo & Video, My Wireless Deal,
Wise Tronics, Wisetronics, 86PHOTOVIDEO.COM, and WISETRONICS.COM.
§ Address: 2845 86th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11223.
● Best Price Cameras: C&M Photo Corporation and J&K Cameras, Inc.
d/b/a Best Price Cameras, Century 21 Electronics, Enterprise Photo,
Infiniti Cameras, Infiniti Photo, Infinity Cameras, Mr. Accessory, New
World Electronics, New World Camera, Photo Dynasty, PhotoDynasty.com,
Razz Photo, Sharp Digital Direct, Shop Digital Direct,
BESTPRICECAMERAS.COM, BESTSTOPCAMERA.COM, CENTURY21ELECTRONICS.COM,
EASTCOASTDISTRIBUTOR.COM, ENTERPRISEPHOTO.COM, INFINITICAMERAS.COM,
INFINITIPHOTO.COM, INFINITYCAMERAS.COM, JANDKCAMERAS.COM,
MRACCESSORY.COM, PHOTODYNASTY.COM, RAZZPHOTO.COM, and
SHOPDIGITALDIRECT.COM.
§ Address: 1965 McDonald Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11223.
● Broadway Photo: Broadway Photo LLC, A&M Photo World LLC, Camera
Addict LLC, Camera Kings, Digital Liquidators LLC, Millennium Camera
LLC, Preferred Photo LLC, Prestige Camera LLC, Qwest Camera LLC, Regal
Camera LLC, Top Choice Digital Enterprise LLC, Top Choice Digital World
Inc., Wild Digital LLC, BROADWAYPHOTO.COM, BWAYPHOTO.COM,
BROADWAYPHOTO.NET, BROADWAYPHOTOVIDEO.COM, AMPHOTOWORLD.COM,
CAMERAADDICT.COM, CAMERAKINGS.COM, DIGITALLIQUIDATORS.COM,
PREFEREDPHOTO.COM, PREFERREDPHOTO.COM, PREFFEREDPHOTO.COM,
PRESTIGECAMERA.COM, QUEST4CAMERAS.COM, REGALCAMERA.COM,
TOPCHOICEDIGITAL.COM, and WILDDIGITAL.COM.
§ Address: 337 East 89th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11236.
● Camera Whiz: Camera Whiz, Camera Wiz, Digital Expo, Digital
Nerds, Digital Superdeals, I.N.S. Digital World, INS Digital World, J&J
Digital, Regal Cameras, Stargate Photo, Inc., Starlight Camera,
Starlight Camera & Video, Technon Digital, TechOnDigital, Wawa Digital,
ACCESSORIESLAND.COM, CAMERAWHIZ.COM, DIGITALEBUYS.COM, DIGITALEXPO.COM,
DIGITALNERDS.COM, DIGITALSUPERDEALS.COM, INSDIGITALWORLD.COM,
REGALCAMERAS.COM, STARGATEPHOTO.COM, STARLIGHTCAMERA.COM,
TECHONDIGITAL.COM, THECAMERAWHIZ.COM, THEDIGITALNERDS.COM,
THEDIGITALEXPO.COM, and WAWADIGITAL.COM.
§ Address: 83 Avenue O, Brooklyn, NY 11234.
● Foto Connection: Foto Connection and FOTO CONNECTION.COM, INC.
d/b/a 1 Stop Camera & Computer, 1 Stop Camera & Electronics, 4 U
Digital, Digital Net Shop, EPhoto Club, Fotoconnection, INOAX, One Stop
Camera & Computer, One Stop Camera & Electronics, Rite Buys, Superior
Deals, Inc., The Wiz Store, TVs Depot, 1STOPCAMERA.COM, 4UDIGITAL.COM,
DIGITALNETSHOP.COM, EPHOTOCLUB.COM, FOTOCONNECTION.COM, GBSSHOPPING.COM,
GREATBRANDSSHOPPING.COM, HOMEGOODZ.COM, INOAX.COM, INAOX.COM,
ONESTOPCAMERA.COM, RITEBUYS.COM, SUPERIORDEALZ.COM,
THENEWCONNECTION.COM, THEWIZSTORE.COM, THE WIZSTORES.COM, and
TVSDEPOT.COM.
§ Address: 1122 Coney Island Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234.
● Sonic Cameras: GZ Group, Inc. d/b/a Sonic Cameras and
post #1529 of 11289 Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kren Mobius View Post

I'll tell you the story of how I bought my 65837 on Saturday.

I was initially considering the 73835 (Diamond) after I saw it at Best Buy on clearance ($1999) but then after assessing my room and viewing distance, realized 73" was just a tad too big and I'd have to settle for 65".

I went to 6ave.com on Thursday and just for fun did the you set your own price offer they had running and here is what they sent me back on Friday (7/25).

with I believe free shipping but it was like 7-10 days. (I think the offer ends on 7/28)

Now, that was too great of a deal for me to pass up.. but I hadn't done any research on the 737 model and I was worried it wouldn't be as good as the one I saw at best buy. SO I did some research... turns out it isn't as good as the Diamond 835 series (mostly about the black levels, this thread mentions it about 20 pages back in a more technical sense). So... at a crossroad I decided to see what the price difference on that would be from the 737 to the 835, 6ave.com doesn't offer the diamond series (835) so I ended up going to Electronic-Expo.com and finding a great deal in the circular for the 65835 at $1,487.80 and they advertised take an extra 10% off BUT they didn't offer free shipping and I couldn't find anywhere to redeem the 10% off coupon. So, I waited until Saturday Morning (the last day of the circular but they still offer the 835 at 1487.80 as of this posting) and called up the sales department. Turns out it was only for in store purchases and I didn't want to drive 3 hours to the store on a Saturday.. So the sales guy apologized and tried to sell me on the 837 instead and said it was an upgrade. Now, I didn't believe him and told him as such and said thanks but no thanks buddy, he gave me his extension and gave him my email address and I said if I changed my mind I'd call him back after I saw Harry Potter.

So he emailed me back... told me the specs of the 837 and how it was better then the 835 and offered me the 65837 for $1347.30. I called him up and accepted the offer and I get it sometime this week.

So, if you want the 835, you can get it from Electronic Expo right now for around $1500 + shipping (they're sticklers about the 835 and no free shipping... but apparently the 837 is free shipping, weird if you do go with Electronic Expo... you may want to order from sales department and point that out, since they weigh about the same and they might cut you a break) or you can head on over to 6ave.com and try to finagle yourself a good deal... but the promo ends Tuesday at Midnight.

So... the answer to your questions is in there... long winded but if I just said how much I got mine for... it wouldn't have helped you, since I doubt that can be recreated but there are deals still out there.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation.

We just moved into a new house, and wouldn't you know it, the very day we moved our primary television died. It's old, no warranty, and needs a new mainboard.

I was going to get the 73737 to replace it, but my wife fell in love with this wall unit while furniture shopping last wekend and she just had to have it. Unfortunately the internal width was 64", and the 73737 is 65.2" wide. So I have to settle for a 65" set.

Fine, I was all set to get the 65837, but Saturday we got hit with a $480 electric bill. Now, I think this is due to a faulty meter, and that will be checked next week, but it means that I either have to wait a full month using a 32" SDTV in a room that's 19 feet across, or settle for either the 65737 or last years 65835. After much reading, I'm thinking the 835 sounds like the best buy for me. If I have to settle in size, at least I can make up for it in picture quality, right?

So, after much debate, I'm ordering the 835 today.

Still wish I could have that 73" set though.
post #1530 of 11289 Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 AM

I'll add in one more site to that list of scam sites.

AVinDemand

www.avindemand.com

I haven't used them personally, but when I saw this deal:

http://www.avindemand.com/index.php/...-wd-65837.html

It sent up big red warning flags. Check around and they've apparently only been in business 4 months, and every single "customer review" is perfect, and as warned, they operate out of New Jersey.

I went to Google Maps and looked up the address and street view:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...title&resnum=1

It shows a house. Not a business, a regular old house.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi