Sony KDS-60A2000 green tint - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My KDS-60A2000 has a green tint on the picture. It's not the green blob problem. The green tint is uniform across the screen, and started fairly suddenly. Didn't notice it yesterday and today it is obvious. Can this mean I need to replace the lamp? The service menu shows the lamp has 6930 hours. The set was purchased in November 2006, and the lamp was changed once in early 2008. I don't know how many hours the first lamp had (it just burned out one day), but it was probably about the same since our viewing habits haven't changed. I have a replacement lamp, but I don't want to use it unless there's a reasonable chance that it will fix the problem.

Thanks,
Ira
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-14-2009, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 40
All inputs? Most likely it's optical block failure. The part is covered by Sony so call for service.
post #3 of 8 Old 05-14-2009, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Called Sony. They said to try other inputs (since I normally feed everything thru my receiver and only use one HDMI input on the TV). Same green tint. They told me to turn it off and unplug it for a minute to reset it. Same problem. Told me to contact local service center for repair under warranty extension for optical block.
post #4 of 8 Old 12-06-2010, 09:57 AM

I bought a Sony KDS60A2000 about 2.5 years ago from a neighbor friend that was getting ready to move. Other than having to replace the bulb earlier this year, I've had no problems with the TV and have been very satisfied.

Over Thanksgiving, I started noticing the green hue. No blobs or halo effects, but people started having a strange 'alien' look and the cable box firmware, that was once blue, now looks green and can't be fixed in the TV's setup.

I searched for the green hue problem online and noticed the Class Action lawsuit over the light engine. I also noticed that extended coverage to get the problem fixed ended August 31, 2010 for my model. Since I'm not the original owner, I never knew about the problem until it started 2ish weeks ago.

I feel like I just got slapped in the face with Murphys Law!

Anyone have anything remotely similar, ideas, suggestions before I get on the phone and start crying to Sony support?

Sorry to bump an old thread..but I'm sitting here thinking, "You have GOT to be kidding!..August 31, 2010!" I doubt my wife will accept shelling out $1000 to get the TV fixed as her Christmas present this year.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Welcome! Instead of bumping a year-and-a-half old thread (A lot has changed since then) try the owner's thread where you'll find a wealth of info about the problem and how to deal with Sony.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-21-2011, 02:00 PM

Hi, Is anyone experiencing this issue now.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-21-2011, 02:10 PM

Liked: 26
Yes, but only when we watch Lord of the Rings: Fellowship EE blu-ray.

post #8 of 8 Old 08-13-2011, 07:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Or the Matrix.

...Steve
"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

My 3D-BD/BD/HD-DVD/DVD collection and HT gear

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page