Cleaning inside of screen on Mitsubishi DLP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had a small bug get inside my Mitsubishi 57732 DLP and it decided to die while standing on the inside of my viewing screen. So now I have a little black splotch that is always there when watching tv. It is very annoying and I would like to clean it off.

Does anyone have experience opening and cleaning the inside of the screen? I see screws around the outside of the screen. I'm just afraid if I pop it off it may be more than I can handle to put it back together if there are a bunch of pieces that come off. If someone can assure me it is simple then I may attempt it myself. Also, I see the instructions for cleaning the outside of the screen, should I follow the same instructions for the inside?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-26-2009, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 40
The screen assembly should come off as one piece. Getting it off is just finding the correct screws to remove, good to have an extra pair of hands. Do not to touch the inside of the screens with your fingers or with any kind of liquid/cleaning solution. Try to use a camera lens brush or dry soft paint brush to swipe with the grooves in the screen (never go against the grooves). If needed use a dry soft microfiber cloth or dry soft tooth brush. Static will try to collect dust, pet hair, etc so try to keep the assembly vertical. You could also clean the projection lens with microfiber or paper towels slightly damp with no-amonia glass cleaner (do not spray directly onto lens).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-03-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Sounds like it is something I can handle. I will give it a shot and will hopefully be enjoying bug free HD viewing in the near future.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-08-2009, 10:23 AM

how did it go?

I am contemplating something similar. My littlest bundle of mayhem decided to spray the TV with his bottle. The formula seeped into bottom of screen and then traveled up inside the screen along the grooves. It dried out, but there's gunk left in interesting geometric shapes at the bottom now.

I need to have someone come out to deal with blooming (replace light-engine, sounds like), and am not sure how they will react to this obvious TV abuse
post #5 of 5 Old 10-11-2009, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienjazzcat View Post

...spray the TV with his bottle. The formula seeped into bottom of screen and then traveled up inside the screen along the grooves. It dried out, but there's gunk left in interesting geometric shapes at the bottom now...

Yikes, that kind of thing is not covered so hope you got a credit card.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page