Problem with Panasonic PT-43LC14: Yellow tint covering most of screen. Convergence ok - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 235 Old 09-15-2009, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I bought the part for the 50" and used it in my 43". As Duane123 stated, I just needed to cut off some of the plastic at the top to get it to fit. It looks much much better now, but there is some slight blue ghosting going on. I tried adjusting the polarizer but no luck. :-/

Format Neutral: Samsung BD-UP5000
HD DVDs: 41
Blu-rays: 24
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 235 Old 09-27-2009, 05:03 PM

I have the PT-50LC14 and i have the yellow tint issue also for quite a while now. I want to fix the issue but I need to see which has failed. I tried for the past hour searching online for the manual and could not find it anywhere. Would anyone be able to please send me the service manual so that I can take this apart? Please PM me. Thanks in advance.
post #33 of 235 Old 09-28-2009, 02:25 PM

I am also now having a little light blue hazing and yellowing in a couple places. The last time I had my TV apart I noticed the green polarizer filter looked slightly burnt.
I have one on order. I will post the outcome.

Duane123
post #34 of 235 Old 09-29-2009, 05:25 PM

FYI thought I would share my experience, I followed what shawnmos did, took apart, got into light engine and removed blue filter (was burned just as many have posted pictures), scrapped it, cleaned to best of my ability and reassembled, was MUCH better, however not quite just right (too much blue), so I made decision to buy replacement filter approx. $200. Part was on backorder for many weeks, finally came in. I thought it looked not as dark as should be but installed it nonetheless, was far worse than before, picture looked complete "Blue wash", I suspect there was NO polarizing film on lens from factory, long story short had to return part but I beleive in looking at link to polarizing film supplier that link shawnmos posted the "vermillion" color has to be the right one for this filter, as it appears identical to the burned film that I removed and there are only only a few polarizer shades as choices to pick from, I am going to buy an LCD TV, but for $6.50 am going to try and replace the film myself on this one and salvage the unit as it had a great picture.
post #35 of 235 Old 09-30-2009, 04:26 PM

bdoyle1,

When my TV had the complete blue wash, I discovered the ribbon cable to the blue LCD had snaped open some how. When I reseated the ribbon and snaped the clip shut, I now longer had the blue washed screen!
If there was a polarizing film on the lens, it would have a redish tint to it.

Duane123
post #36 of 235 Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM

Duane123, thanks for the information! It's quite possible I pulled the ribbon cable loose as I am new to this, however I re-installed my burned filter and it was back to same, as I did not disconnect any of the three ribbon filters in the light engine as was not necessary, only main ribbon filter from board to tuner, but will defininitly look into this, thank you!
post #37 of 235 Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

It seems as though you may have ordered the wrong polarizer.

Format Neutral: Samsung BD-UP5000
HD DVDs: 41
Blu-rays: 24
post #38 of 235 Old 10-01-2009, 06:59 AM

Ordered pn# LSXA0600 blue polarizer, part was marked/identified as such, I believe it lacked film or at minimum did not have proper layers.
post #39 of 235 Old 10-11-2009, 03:30 PM

just curious what color films are needed to replace the 3 filters at the anchor optics site? and what kind of adhesive did you use to reglue the film on the filter?
post #40 of 235 Old 10-17-2009, 03:47 PM

did you ever find what color polarizer film to get for your panny? i would def rather pay 20$ for polarized film than 120$ for a piece of $%!% part that will only last a year.
post #41 of 235 Old 10-18-2009, 07:16 PM

I am so glad I found this. I also have a pt-50lc14 with green spots that seem to be getting progressively worse. I do not have a service manual but am good at tinkering with electronics and such. Can anyone point me in the direction as to where the light engine even is? I have a feeling one of the filters is burnt on my TV as well and I'd like to check. Thanks.
post #42 of 235 Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 PM

does anybody have any of these polarizer filters that they would be willing to give away? i was given this tv set for free and don't want to put any money into it if it might burn out in another year...just thought there was probably someone here who said effe it and is done with this panasonic piece of dog turd????
post #43 of 235 Old 11-24-2009, 08:47 PM

I also have the same exact problem with my blue polarizer for my PT-43LC14. Before I found this forum I did try to clean the spot but after looking at the film through a loop I discovered it is burned into the filter, it actually melts into it. It is crazy that the blue filter would be $200, one would think you would get the unit for that. I tried to find a parts manual to find the correct part number but no luck, I do have the service manual but no parts listed. If anyone finds a parts manual please share with us where to find it online. Also where are others finding the filter material? I would be willing to make a new one.
post #44 of 235 Old 11-30-2009, 04:45 PM

PN# is LSXA0600 for blue polarizer, for PT43LC14, if you will read entire thread you will see there is a service manual (free) you can download (google it), I think user Tomwil explanied where to find parts list, I did it, it's in a separate file within that load. I had intended to replace the film myself and may when I get time just to see if that works, but since got a sweet Vizio 42 lcd so that's on back burner, good luck and post back.
post #45 of 235 Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 AM

I also have the PT50LC13 and purchased it in 2002, have 28000 Hours on it and perfect picture with a yellow spot on it, I removed the LCD unit and found the same burn on the one labeled as blue in the service manual and the lense looks pinkish red to my eyes... the other 2 look ok but a little dark.
3D glasses would the red or blue lense work or real 3D polerized lenses from RealD or Disney 3D? I have 200 pair of these and there just a little bigger than the one in the tv it can be cut. lol im thinking outside the box...
I will post all things I did to bring it back when I get it up, its sitting all apart on the bench as of now.
Thanks!!
post #46 of 235 Old 12-11-2009, 06:50 PM

Update:
Got the blue filter, picture if perfect!
Was not hard to take it apart or put back together at all...
Go slow and take your time cables only go in one place...
Thank you everyone here !
Cheers!
post #47 of 235 Old 12-27-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckrcheese View Post

Update:
Got the blue filter, picture if perfect!
Was not hard to take it apart or put back together at all...
Go slow and take your time cables only go in one place...
Thank you everyone here !
Cheers!

Did you use the blue or the red lance of the 3D polarized glasses? And do you have some photos how to take the light engine out? I have the same problem with my pt-43lc14, and I don't have the service manual. I tried today to take off the light engine but it looked very complicated. I didn't want to make the picture even worse, and that's why I didn't wont to take the whole thing apart. So if you can share little bit more info how can I get to the blue polarizing filter, and how can I improvise the solution, would be great. Thank you.
post #48 of 235 Old 12-28-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkddp View Post

Did you use the blue or the red lance of the 3D polarized glasses? And do you have some photos how to take the light engine out? I have the same problem with my pt-43lc14, and I don't have the service manual. I tried today to take off the light engine but it looked very complicated. I didn't want to make the picture even worse, and that's why I didn't wont to take the whole thing apart. So if you can share little bit more info how can I get to the blue polarizing filter, and how can I improvise the solution, would be great. Thank you.

I went ahead and ordered the blue lense kit from panasonic.
if you take off the lower back there is a silver case thats the power supply, on the right is the bulb and exaust fan, all come out, start with the power board, then the fan, then the lamp unit and lcd unit all come out together, there is a cable on the left side short silver be carefull its short and I broke mine it was a 26$ boo boo... look in this thread for the service manual its posted. And sorry I used the pictured from here.
if you have ever taken apart a vcr or tv b4 and made it work you can so this,
Cheers,
CrC
LL
LL
LL
post #49 of 235 Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 AM

i tried shawmos' link to http://anchoroptics.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=386 , i ordered the vermillion 2" x 2" filter (which is the blue polarizer). it came in the mail, i cut it to size, replaced the old burnt filter, and wa la, it looks GREAT! I've only had it going for a couple days now, so there's a chance that this new filter could burn easier/faster than the former, but so far so good. This tv was given to me for free, so i didn't want to sink any money into it, but for $15 in parts and diy labor it works fine. i know that the former user also left this tv on a lot and with projectors that's a HUGE NO NO! (i'm guessing this is a potential cause for the burn). Good luck to all and i hope this helps! Thanks Duane123 for your help too!
post #50 of 235 Old 01-14-2010, 08:51 AM

vermillion is the color you need for the blue polarizer filter:

Here's the part number:AX27803 2" x 2" 42 Vermillion 2/pk $6.50
Here's the website (thanks shawmos!): http://anchoroptics.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=386
post #51 of 235 Old 01-17-2010, 08:11 AM

Light IN Polarizer Red Unit has a Plate (Polarizer).
Light IN Polarizer Green Unit has 2 Plates (Polarizer and ND Filter).
Light IN Polarizer Blue Unit has 2 Plates (Polarizer and UV Cut Filter)
post #52 of 235 Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 PM

Congrats juswalsh23, excellent, can you tell us how you applied the film, did it have adheisive on it or did you apply something yourself? Thanks and congrats again!
post #53 of 235 Old 02-14-2010, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just want to say thank you to everyone on this thread. I just replaced the burnt filter with the Anchor Optics vermillion in my PT43LC13 and it looks great. No telling how long it will last but for now I'm very happy.
post #54 of 235 Old 02-20-2010, 06:18 PM

After reading this thread I took apart my own PT43LC14 to replace filter. Now I have red on the left side of the screen..has anyone else had this problem?
post #55 of 235 Old 02-27-2010, 07:42 AM

I'm new to this thread. A couple of days ago our condo building experienced a momentary power spike and since then my PT-43LC14 has an overall yellow-green color at normal tint setting and no red color (everything that should be red is brown). I can adjust out the yellow green tint by decreasing the tint adjustment all the way down but no adjustment restores the red. Is this a burnt filter issue? Also, now the aspect adjustment does not work; can only get full aspect. Any thoughts on that? Thanks.
post #56 of 235 Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 AM

chuckrcheese & xuniman; How did you apply the polarizing film to the glass lens?
post #57 of 235 Old 03-01-2010, 08:08 AM

Sorry, I mean juswalsh23 and xuniman
post #58 of 235 Old 03-05-2010, 07:24 AM

I am also very interested in how the vermillion filter was applied. I have ordered the filter from anchor optics. I am hoping it can fix this TV. Thanks for the help everyone.
post #59 of 235 Old 03-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The format of that manual is weird, and I think I got mine from the same place you folks did. After you unzip the files leave them all in the folder, don't rename any of them or throw them out no matter how trivial they look. Look for a file called 'navigator.html' and open only that file.

It's not a 'Netscape Navigator', it's a little html file that will open in your browser that sets up a clickable table of contents with which you access all the other files. I could not find a parts list without using the navigator file.

That aside, the Panasonic s/m is fantastic compared to some of the junky s/m's I've seen. It actually has a block diagram showing the light path inside the optical engine.

I have one for a Zenith that's written in Chinglish and doesn't have half as much detail as the Panasonic. Makes me more likely to buy a Panasonic than a Zenith/LG.
post #60 of 235 Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM

I got the filter from anchor optics today. I'm going to try and fix the yellow/green tint on my PT-50LC14 tonight. I hope this works!
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page