Moving my Samsung hl61a750 to a new home... HELP! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am moving and I am slightly worried about having to move my Sammy hl61a750 to its new home... I don't have the box it came in, and we'll only have a pickup truck available (and the TV's too big to fit in the extended cab of the truck).

Here's what I'm thinking: put down some comforters in the bed of the truck, set the TV on top (sitting normally, as if I was watching it), put more comforters on top/over it, and tie it down semi-loosely with some ratcheting tie downs with some pillows in between the TV and just about anything else around it... Mainly worried about the components inside being shaken up and the screen being punctured. I'd like to think that I'm being paranoid, but replacing/fixing the TV right now is not an option...

If anyone has any insight and suggestions on how to make this move as smooth as possible, I'd love to hear it. Moving about 10 miles away, 9 of which will be highway/interstate miles, and the other is paved, maintained, 2 lane roadway.

-Give me your power flowin', juicy glowin', red-hot MEANING OF LIFE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Advanced Member

Sounds like a good plan, all that padding even below should insure a safe trip. As long as it doesn't rain!

I moved one about that far in a minivan with just padding under the set and a person in back holding on to it. It arrived safely.

Make sure nothing flaps around at freeway speed and damages the screen. 45mph is fast enough.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HD DVDs: 235
BD: 20
DVD: Too Many!

Free Men Do Not Ask Permission to Bear Arms
post #3 of 6 Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I recommend a special trip with the TV alone in the truck. Ten miles is only about a 20 minute drive, so why risk it. You might want to rent a U-haul for the day, as they aren't terribly expensive and it will have more room and a covered top.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

And don't worry too too much about hitting bumps, etc. on the road. Remember these sets have seen more road time than you can imagine, getting shipped from the factory to the store to the warehouse, etc etc etc.

Don't panic.
post #5 of 6 Old 06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by loicdesdvina View Post

I am moving and I am slightly worried about having to move my Sammy hl61a750 to its new home... I don't have the box it came in, and we'll only have a pickup truck available (and the TV's too big to fit in the extended cab of the truck).

Here's what I'm thinking: put down some comforters in the bed of the truck, set the TV on top (sitting normally, as if I was watching it), put more comforters on top/over it, and tie it down semi-loosely with some ratcheting tie downs with some pillows in between the TV and just about anything else around it... Mainly worried about the components inside being shaken up and the screen being punctured. I'd like to think that I'm being paranoid, but replacing/fixing the TV right now is not an option...

If anyone has any insight and suggestions on how to make this move as smooth as possible, I'd love to hear it. Moving about 10 miles away, 9 of which will be highway/interstate miles, and the other is paved, maintained, 2 lane roadway.

Where are you located? I'm in central cal and I still have the box and packing. I'm past my 30 day return period so I was just getting ready to discard it.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-10-2009, 04:15 AM

Hello,

why take risk with your precious belonging better get your item insured first and hire some good packers and movers to handle all this activity, they are pretty good in such stuff and most important they have the right items be it pods, storage box to pack the items safely.

Regards,
sarah_9

smartboxusa
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page