Mitsubishi owners with a Harmony One remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 07-04-2009, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For all of you out there who own a Mitsubishi RPTV and have not been able to get the inputs working with your Harmony One (or really, any of the Harmony remotes), today is your day. No more cheap fixes, or sloppy work arounds...

I take zero credit for this fix, but let me say, this fix has elegantly solved all of my input problems. Basically, it appears that the input database at Logitech incorrectly took the input values from Mitsubishi at face value... Probably more Mitsubishi's fault than Logitech's... Not sure when Logitech will update, but in the mean time, you can reset/re-record the values correctly for your remote using this process.

Original link can be found on Logitech website...

----- Original Post -----

By the way, before I did these steps, Input-1 was displaying Input-1 on the screen but it wasn't going to Input-1. (So both Input-1 and Input-2 were not functioning for me.)

* Set the Mitsubishi remote control switch to TV mode.
* Press and hold the power button until it flashes.
* Press "0" - wait for two flashes - press "0090".
* The remote is now set up in direct input selection mode.
* Power turns things on. Stop (on the VCR section) turns it off.
* Press "Input" and then either a Number or one of the function keys - each combination matches up with a particular input.
* Press "Format" and then a number from 1-7 - depending on which input you're on and what type of signal, you'll go directly to the selected format. (The numbers match up with the order in the manual).
* Press and hold the power button until it flashes.
* Press "0" - wait for two flashes - - press "0935" and the remote will be back to normal.

Input + 0-9 produce random results -- no wonder the Harmony database
wasn't perfect:

Input 0 did nothing.
Input 1 displays Input-1 but it isn't Input-1. Seems to be nothing.
Input 2 gives you Input-3
Input 3 gives you Input-4
Input 4 gives you HDMI-2
Input 5 gives you Input-2
Input 6 gives you Input-1
Input 7 also gives you Input-4
Input 8 gives you Ant-2
Input 9 gives you Ant-1

Input + F1-F4 produces reasonable results:

Input F1 gives you HDMI-1
Input F2 gives you HDMI-2
Input F3 gives you HDMI-3
Input F4 gives you HDMI-4

For the record, the other annoying thing about this TV is that it takes up to 21 seconds to respond to commands after power up. Although I can understand that it would take awhile to power up, the TV could buffer the commands you send it...

But for now, the Mitsubishi WD-73835 is the best 73" TV you can get and the picture does look real good, with more detail than a movie theatre. (And good colors, brightness, configuration options, 3D capability, etc.)

Oh, in case anyone needs this info...

Format + 1-7 produces reasonable results:

Format 1 gives you Standard
Format 2 gives you Expand
Format 3 gives you Zoom
Format 4 gives you Stretch
Format 5 gives you Stretch Plus
Format 6 gives you Narrow
Format 7 gives you Wide Expand

Eric Klien
Lifeboat Foundation
+1 (775) 329-0180 Voice
+1 (775) 329-0190 Fax
Skype ID lifeboathq

--- Update for WD-65835 ---

Wow... Huge kudos to Eric, this solution was the needle in the haystack for me. One, single page on the vast abyss of pages on the internet that solved my problem so completely, and pefectly... Thanks Eric!

I wanted to build on this work a little... I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835, and I had almost the exact same problems. My Input-1 on the Harmony One remote would switch to a "fake" Input-1, which would not display what was attached to Input-1 on the TV. (plus of couse, all the mess with the other inputs as described by Eric). In addition to this, my "input list" differs a little from what Eric found on his WD73835, so I thought I would share my results of the input list with the WD65835 (look for the *)...

Input 0 did nothing.
Input 1 displays Input-1 (Apparently a "fake" Input-1)
Input 2 gives you Input-3
Input 3 gives you Input-4
Input 4 gives you HDMI-2
Input 5 gives you Input-1 (This is the "real" Input-1, and the one you want to use)*

Input 6 gives you Input-2 (use this one for remapping your Input-2)*

Input 7 also gives you Input-4
Input 8 gives you Ant-2
Input 9 gives you Ant-1

These worked the same on my tv.

Input F1 gives you HDMI-1
Input F2 gives you HDMI-2
Input F3 gives you HDMI-3
Input F4 gives you HDMI-4

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 PM

I'm not sure how to do this with a C9 model because the factory remote appears to be different. I have no function buttons on mine. I also don't have an Input button. I have an Activity button that is brings up the list of inputs.

Using the default harmony settings for the TV (tried 4 different model numbers (60C9, 65C9, 73C9, 73737) and all had the same issue):

The HDMI inputs don't work if I am using them. I can switch to HDMI1 (because I'm not using it). I can switch to HDMI4 (because it does not exist on the C9 so I am not using it... the TV still allows you to switch). I can't switch to HDMI2 or HDMI3. Those are the things I have stuff plugged into. I can switch to the component inputs and antenna just fine, whether I am using the ports or not. I'm not sure what this means.

I ended up using method 3 as a workaround, which is far from ideal... method 3 is where the remote navigates the onscreen prompt rather than switching directly to the input. If I plug or unplug anything it will break the switching. Resetting the remote or manually switching inputs will also break the switching.

If anyone has got method 2 (direct switching) to work on a C9 I would be interested to know how you did it. I would guess the 737 would be the same as the C9.
post #3 of 16 Old 12-05-2009, 12:07 PM

I found the solution for the C9/737... The buttons on the remote for HDMI1/2/3/4 are the following:

HDMI-1: Rewind
HDMI-2: Fast Forward
HDMI-3: Play
HDMI-4: 0

Using the same 0090 code to enable the commands in the remote I was able to hit activity and then one of those 4 buttons to switch to that HDMI input. These actually worked (unlike the database Harmony commands for HDMI 2 and 3). I then taught them to the Harmony remote and everything works!

The other activity buttons (which seem to be fine in the Harmony database but for reference I will list them here):

1: Input 1
2: Input 2
3: Input 3
5: Input 1
6: Input 2
7: Input 3
9: Ant
post #4 of 16 Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow! Thanks for this. I got my remote working now!
post #5 of 16 Old 12-30-2009, 03:44 PM

Holy crap I've been searching for hours and hours and finally stumbled across this thread and it fixed my issue! It's insane how obscure this is (I have a C9) and how Logitech hasn't updated their database for these units yet to actually work properly with HDMI2 and HDMI3!
post #6 of 16 Old 01-14-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuiko View Post

I found the solution for the C9/737... The buttons on the remote for HDMI1/2/3/4 are the following:

Using the same 0090 code to enable the commands in the remote I was able to hit activity and then one of those 4 buttons to switch to that HDMI input. These actually worked (unlike the database Harmony commands for HDMI 2 and 3). I then taught them to the Harmony remote and everything works!

The other activity buttons (which seem to be fine in the Harmony database but for reference I will list them here):

Hey Zuiko,

Can you please share a more detailed explanation of how you accomplished this. I can not figure out how to get the C9 into this direct access mode. I have tried the method posted and it doesn't work on my set. Also, how did you program the Harmony One to use the new commands. I only seem to have a wizard that tries to do everything. When I try to fine tune the setting for inputs I am only given a page with 4 Methods and none of them work correctly for this TV.

I am desperate to get this fixed.

Thanks.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-18-2010, 02:36 PM

Some steps have been left out of the instructions. First, put the remote in TV mode using the side button. Then, press and hold the Power button until the TV light blinks twice. Then input the proper code listed above (00090 to go to direct programming mode and 00935 to get back to normal).
post #8 of 16 Old 01-20-2010, 05:40 AM

How do I teach multiple commands to the harmony and then have it work as activity?

So I aim TV remote at harmony and press both buttons in sequence? Or do I simply have to teach each one individually and then activity will automaticallly work when choosing option 2?
post #9 of 16 Old 01-29-2010, 04:16 PM

I don't understand how the Harmony One remote can work the the Mitsubishi HDTV rear screen projection TVs. When selecting TV, DVD, DVR, etc, you press "Activity", then scroll to the correct choice. Then you press enter when the input is highlighted. How can you select TV, DVD, DVR, etc with a macro when you don't know which input was used last. Unless there is a direct IR command that can switch between inputs.

Mitsubishi TV Activity menu displayed on page 12:

http://media.onecall.com/Image_Produ...837-manual.pdf

Dave
post #10 of 16 Old 02-12-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post

I don't understand how the Harmony One remote can work the the Mitsubishi HDTV rear screen projection TVs. When selecting TV, DVD, DVR, etc, you press "Activity", then scroll to the correct choice. Then you press enter when the input is highlighted. How can you select TV, DVD, DVR, etc with a macro when you don't know which input was used last. Unless there is a direct IR command that can switch between inputs.

That's exactly what this thread is about. There's a way to put your remote control into direct input mode. Pressing certain keys on the remote then send direct signals to your TV that change it to a specific input without going through the Activity menu. You teach the HarmonyOne those commands.

I came across a writeup that was easier for me to understand. Let me see if I can find it and post it...
post #11 of 16 Old 02-12-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by image969 View Post

How do I teach multiple commands to the harmony and then have it work as activity?

So I aim TV remote at harmony and press both buttons in sequence? Or do I simply have to teach each one individually and then activity will automaticallly work when choosing option 2?

Are you talking about having to press "Input" and then a secondary key? If you are, then you aren't actually sending more than one infared command. Pressing input, then whatever key you want to press, tells the remote which command to send. You teach the Harmony remote that command.

So, you put the remote in direct input mode. You want to teach the Harmony remote how to switch to HDMI1. You set up the software to make the Harmony learn a command you name "Direct HDMI1", then aim the TV remote at the Harmony remote, and press "Input" then "Rewind." The TV remote sends a single infared command to the Harmony remote, which learns it and stores it.

Then, later, in your setup wizard or by changing setup or however you want to do it, you tell the Harmony to send the "Direct HDMI1" command.
post #12 of 16 Old 03-10-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuiko View Post

I just got a C9 and use a Harmony 880. I gave up on HDMI2 and moved the device to HDMI 3 which worked fine from the Harmony database. I figured I would do the research later. I found this and a Mits Direct Access codes pdf and when I need HDMI2 I will teach my 880 the way described here. I am surprised Harmony has not added it.
post #13 of 16 Old 04-29-2010, 11:04 PM

I joined this forum for the sole purpose of saying thanks! This thread has been invaluable!

Logitech Harmony 880 and Mitsubishi WD-60C9
post #14 of 16 Old 04-30-2010, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious1der View Post

I joined this forum for the sole purpose of saying thanks! This thread has been invaluable!

Logitech Harmony 880 and Mitsubishi WD-60C9

So how do I make this work....

Mits 73-737
XBOX/PS3/HTPC HDMI 7.1-> Onkyo 608
1 CALBE FROM ONKYO to Mits
HDMI-CEC

So on the mits remote I can "assign" input 1-3 as say "game, blu-ray, DVR".

So there is NO WAY I can get the harmony to DIRECTLY switcht to DVR etc - it keeps wanting to go to some analog input.

Anyone have a solution??
post #15 of 16 Old 08-24-2010, 07:30 AM

Hello, I am new here and need some help.... I have a Harmony 880 -- love it .. I have a Mitsubishi WD-60737 -- Rear Projection DLP TV -- love it ... PROBLEM, I cannot control the Harmony 880 properly to switch between inputs on the TV -- sometimes it works and sometimes it does not .. I have read the threads here and need to understand something first ... Do I have to use the Original Mitsubishi remote to de-program the TV, so that it will understand the Harmony's signals?

The original remote that I have has an activity button, then it wants you to use the center directional button to cycle through the inputs ( HDMI-1 etc.) until you find the correct one, then you press select .

However, I was able to program the Harmony for HDMI-1 and it worked .. then I made some minor changes on the Harmony web site, synced it to the remote, and now it does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
post #16 of 16 Old 03-10-2012, 03:12 PM

Thanks for this info. It helped a lot.

My Mitsubishi WD-82740 also has Direct Command Format to change aspect ratio and zoom.

After getting into direct command mode you have to hit format and then pause to direct switch to standard 16x9 format.

It's the only command I have found. Anyone know anything about the other formats? I have some video games sharing an input using an IR AV switch. The remote sets the TV and the AV switch to the correct inputs and it works nicely. Thing is, half the video games are native 16x9 and half are 4x3. It would be nice to be able to program the aspect ratio into the activity.

Anyone know of a direct command to switch to 4x3 or "Narrow" as the TV calls it?
Reply Rear Projection Units