Mitsubishi 73737 Service Menu Info - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 44
This is a thread I have not seen before. It seems that no one has really deciphered Mits intent with CCA.

I think what Kipperman wrote is correct. I have to question the usefulness of these of a combined high low. It is better than nothing for setting grayscale in the preset modes. It is useful to me using the Duo. I can get the grayscale in a preset mode correct for part of the scale. I either get it right around IRE 50 and use the VP to correct it at the upper and lower ends or I set it correctly for 100 IRE and use the VP to correct as it shifts in the lower IREs. Its effect is highly dependent on the cotrast setting.

It would be nice to understand what Mits intended with this. I think you really would never know unless you understand what they were doing with gamma in each of the presets. If they use some kind of funny gamma curve than all they need is single starting point. So when you mess with these settings you don't really know whether you should use IRE 50 or 100... or some other value. If anyone has figured this out beyond what Kipperman wrote I would be very interested. With the VP I can set it to balance at any IRE and correct above or below that. Clearly in advance mode, you can do as you like as long as you have a reasonable value in CCA.

I suppose you could use adv mode with it CCA off as well. I kind of thought you could use it to force the set to maximum brightness but at the time the software on the VP I have was pretty buggy with regard to gamma and it got very, very messy.

Just another blank signature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 10-19-2011, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnotiq View Post

if there is some circuit in the 837 for the RS232 or the blue lights that requires some IC device to be initialized during boot up, then the 737 will crash and die and likely never recover.

risky move just for some free minor feature update.

Ok so I didn't flash the 837 firmware but I did mess with the SysConfig XML file in the update 011.03 for the WD-73737 with a text editor I enabled Picture Modes: Cinema, ADV2 and they work, and settings Smooth 120 Film Motion, and Color Temp: Medium although from what I've tried Medium doesn't do anything different from High. There is one setting I want to enable yet that I can't find it is the 61.dbk (Dark Detailer) in the Service Menu, but I have just started to dig and if anyone else finds it before me please share also

Edit:
Alright after comparing the SysConfig XML in both of the WD73737 and WD73837 I turned on the Shutter option in my TV's XML and managed to turn on the Dark Detailer option in the service menu so it stays ON! I've tested it over and over on my tv and it really works on dark scenes, it feels like I have a whole new tv now with all of these options
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page