Leaked Coolant Fluid On Main Board.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-18-2009, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Phillips PTV916 55" Rear Projection TV, It had sat for 2 years in storage because it got misconverged during a move. so I took off the back blew it out with my aircompressor with 20psi regulated pressure then used dustoff to get the fine dust off of it. I knew it needed a convergence adjustment but I didnt have time to mess with it when I stored it. after powering it on to start the adjustment, I noticed that fluid was starting to leak out of 2 of the 3 projectors, the green, and slightly the blue, but as I was powering the unit down I started to hear it get on the boards so I unplugged it quickly. I fixed the leaking units but I am considering replacing the fluild in them since they are not as clear as they probably should be and I noticed that the green has a small growth starting in it. I bought some quick drying PC board safe electronics cleaner to clean off the board

what is the best method to removing the ptv coolant fluid since I know it is both corosive as it is a conductor? Did I clean it up good enough with the spray or should I consider something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Whenever I have problems with "stuff" in general, stains, rust, "eating things", etc, my "fall back" is wd40... its the "duct tape" of cleaners / solvents.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page