Weird Problem on Sony KF42WE620 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-26-2009, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all , first of all thanks for any advice you have and for your time. Ok i have this kf42we620, which i have done some research into and found out to be a 3 chip dlp tv (i think). Things were fine until the lamp died. Ok so i order a new one and before installing it i decide to spray some compressed air and clean out the dust. Also , i have a fiber thingy which are used to clean sunglasses and the like, so i clean the mirror thing, the one facing the lamp. So now i install the new lamp and find out that the picture quality is completely messed up and on top of that, i find 4 dead pixels, or stuck i think, which show as blue when the background is black, when the background is any other color, they appear to be ok. So now the picture quality in the tv is horrible, the colors are distorted, and i tried blowing some more air into the lamp and into the mirror things to try and remove dust. My question is what would you experienced folks suggest i do to fix this? Should i clean the mirrors with a moist microfiber? Any advicee?? Thankss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Post pictures of the Tv screen with various content.

I've heard similar stories- didn't see a problem until I replaced the lamp... Most likely because the old lamp was getting so dim that when you put the new one in, all the flaws become much easier to see.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-27-2009, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks hammer, i got desperate so i cleaned the lamp and the mirrors with a damp microfiber, i am watching some cable and tv seems alright now, the only remaining problem are 4 pixels whih are stuck, they are always blue. Any ideas on how to solve those?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-28-2009, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Stuck pixels are not repairable, must replace optical block.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page