Samsung DLP "White Dots" FOC repair qualification - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 96 Old 07-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Phil,

I do not know where to get the chip, you could call various TV repair places in your area. Dh and I have decided to go ahead and have the repair done by a professional. My dh is fairly handy with electronics, but he erred on the side of caution with this. From reading around, there is a YouTube video out there on how to replace it. You could post a new thread asking where to buy the chip, I'm sure someone here probably knows.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 96 Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 PM

Same is happening to mine. The HL67A750. EDIT: HL-T5689S

White dots every where. And from the previous posts, it sounds like the late models aren't on the list of recalls and as such do not receive free chip replacement.

I guess we'll have to buy ours from here:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-mitsubishi-toshiba-4719-001997-dlp-chip-2.htm

Any other suggestions?

EDIT:

Sorry, I mixed up my 56inch with my 67 inch TV which is the later model and not broken(yet knock on wood)

Is the HT-L series covered by the recall?
post #93 of 96 Old 02-09-2014, 03:49 PM

Hi,

Can you tell me how to fix the white dots that are showing up on my Samsung 82 inch?

Thanks much!!

post #94 of 96 Old 02-10-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yucky View Post

Same is happening to mine. The HL67A750. EDIT: HL-T5689S

White dots every where. And from the previous posts, it sounds like the late models aren't on the list of recalls and as such do not receive free chip replacement.

I guess we'll have to buy ours from here:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-mitsubishi-toshiba-4719-001997-dlp-chip-2.htm

Any other suggestions?

EDIT:

Sorry, I mixed up my 56inch with my 67 inch TV which is the later model and not broken(yet knock on wood)

Is the HT-L series covered by the recall?

The following models were covered for the HLT series - 4675SX/XAA, 5055S, 5055WX/XAA, 5075SX/XAA, 5675SX/XAA,5076SX/XAA, 5676SX/XAA, 6156S, 6156WX/XAA, 6176SX/XAA,6756WX/XAA,and 7288WX/XAA

However, someone mentioned in this thread said that they were no longer covering these after Feb. 2nd. You can call 1- 888-899-7602 and find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirali View Post

Hi,

Can you tell me how to fix the white dots that are showing up on my Samsung 82 inch?

Thanks much!!

You will need to replace the DMD chip on your DMD board. You can go through this thread and find a ton of info. You should also be able to find some how to videos on youtube. You may not find your exact model, but you can get an idea on the basic process.
post #95 of 96 Old 02-10-2014, 04:00 PM

This is a very good tutorial that worked out for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBz3TanJv0Q
post #96 of 96 Old 05-10-2014, 03:15 PM

We had the same "white dot" issue with our HL61A650C1F model. Made a call to Samsung Customer Service - this model is not included in the 'known issue.'  The rep finally agreed to provide a free DLP chip, but we would be responsible for the service call, which would be at least $275.  At that point, we emailed the President of Samsung (using the address you provided).  My husband got a phone call the next day offering to cover the entire repair.  The repair tech came today - we have no spots!  He said that he had done this repair many times on Samsung and Mitsubishi models.  He said that the original DLP chip for all of these was manufactured by Texas Instruments.  Thank you for sharing your experience - it helped us solve our problem at no cost to us.

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page