Liked: 10

Not Active
post #3 of 96 Old 01-13-2010, 05:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the info!

I just got my first white dot last night and was sweating it because my extended warranty ran out in Nov.

I really hope my set qualifies.

Any links to more info on this issue? (I will google, but in the mean time...)

EDIT: AH, crap! I just read the OP more closely and I only have one...
post #4 of 96 Old 01-13-2010, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Not Active
post #5 of 96 Old 01-14-2010, 05:38 AM

I called Samsung and got a Service Order number.

They never asked how many dots I had. I asked twice if the repair was free and both people said yes. (I did not have the serial number on the original call.)

We'll see what happens.
post #6 of 96 Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 AM

you'll be fine ... mine started as one dot as well ... the number grows quickly.

Most of these parts are backordered until the 15th of January.

~Jason
post #7 of 96 Old 01-16-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapeman View Post

I called Samsung and got a Service Order number.

They never asked how many dots I had. I asked twice if the repair was free and both people said yes. (I did not have the serial number on the original call.)

We'll see what happens.

What number did you call?

Update: Sorry, I didn't know it was the general 1-800 number for Samsung. Anyone else wishing to do this, just call 1-800-726-7864. Took me only 5 minutes and they confirmed it was free of charge. Thanks to the OP for posting this information.
post #8 of 96 Old 01-18-2010, 11:43 AM

I entered my serial no. on link above and submet. My Model No. is HLS5066WX and serial No. B18Y3CKLA00065A
It shows Valid in first box/in warranty it show 10/2006 / last box #stock repair show Zero. But when i called 1-800-726-7864 number and told that my TV has white dots more than 60 they said your warranty is expired.Please suggest.
Thanks in advance
post #9 of 96 Old 01-18-2010, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Not Active
post #10 of 96 Old 01-19-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurdip View Post

I entered my serial no. on link above and submet. My Model No. is HLS5066WX and serial No. B18Y3CKLA00065A
It shows Valid in first box/in warranty it show 10/2006 / last box #stock repair show Zero. But when i called 1-800-726-7864 number and told that my TV has white dots more than 60 they said your warranty is expired.Please suggest.
Thanks in advance

I called again this morning and i got service order no. free of charge repair.
Thanks.
post #11 of 96 Old 01-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Does this FoC apply to the horizontal lines that are explained and shown in this thread:

http//www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1090383

I have the exact same problem, any help or knowledge is appreciated.

Thanks
post #12 of 96 Old 01-21-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayderek View Post

you'll be fine ... mine started as one dot as well ... the number grows quickly.

Most of these parts are backordered until the 15th of January.

Oddly enough, my dot count hasn't grown.

It's been at least a week now and no more dots.

I hope this won't disqualify the FOC repair. The service company is saying they need to verify that it is the white dot issue or they will charge $75.

I know it is I have seen pictures, but I worry about the small number of dots that I have.

I can always cancel this service order and go through the BestBuy extended warranty, but I would rather Samsung foot the bill since it is a defect and not a part that wore out.

Any advice would be welcomed.
post #13 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 AM

the techs just left my apartment...it only took them about 30 minutes to swap it out. Now my TV is good as new.

Kapeman> has your dot count grown?

~Jason
post #14 of 96 Old 02-04-2010, 12:31 PM

It's been a couple of weeks now and I still only have the single dot.

The service guys came by on the 27th and verified that it was indeed the official "white dot" issue.

I am waiting to hear back from them once the part(s) arrive.
post #15 of 96 Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 AM

Well the techs replaced my DMD board yesterday and the white dot issue was definitely solved...but I go last night to watch TV and now see that some dust of smudging happened in the process that I wasn't able to detect earlier in the morning (because of the brightness of the room)

wonderful.

~Jason
post #16 of 96 Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM

I called Samsung support. I just told them I have 6 white dots on the screen. The lady put me on hold for 2 minutes and came back with a service order number. I didn't have to explain anything!! Its nice to see that samsung is owning up to this failure. That gives me more confidence in their products.
post #17 of 96 Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM

Folks:
I do not chat via the internet much, but do want to give a shout out to Samsung, at least to this point. The white dots starting appearing on my 3 year old TV about a month ago. This thread gave me the basic information and a number to call. Today, a service rep came to the house at the time he said he would, and made the change with the DLP chip, or whatever it is. He was pleasant, said it was all covered by Samsung, and also performed a basic system check...no deductible, or trip charge, etc. I may have a different opinion tomorrow or in a month, if the problem comes up again, but it was nice to have a company acknowledge an issue and handle it without a bunch of hassles.
post #18 of 96 Old 03-13-2010, 05:10 AM

here is one question i have...

so i have the same issue and i know they will fix it, but the issue i run into is... im in the army and live in Germany cause that's where im stationed at.. so should i still be good ?
post #19 of 96 Old 03-14-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapeman View Post

It's been a couple of weeks now and I still only have the single dot.

The service guys came by on the 27th and verified that it was indeed the official "white dot" issue.

I am waiting to hear back from them once the part(s) arrive.

I'll be anxious to hear how your scenario turns out. I have just gotten my second dot in as many days. I'm thrilled to see so much info on this thread already; particularly the dates of post.

Serial: B1LC3C3ELA04232R
Model: HLS4676SX
Valid with a 10/2006 date
I have idea what/if any original warranty exists on it though...

LOVE THIS SITE.
post #20 of 96 Old 03-21-2010, 10:00 AM

ok, appear this is actually the more proper thread... Sorry for cross posting

Have a HLS5686WZ/XAA purchased in Nov 2006, and the 1st white dots showed up about 2 weeks ago. Now we're gaining one new dot about every 3-4 days.

Service menu shows 5912hours (original bulb!)

Per the advice I found here, just got off the phone with 1-800-Samsung.

She took down my model #, and S/N and gave me a transaction #. Will have a local service company call to setup an apt in 1-2 days and "if it is the fault of the board the cost of both Labor and Parts will be covered by Samsung"

While I'm not happy it's occurred, so far I'm happy with their response to the issue.
post #21 of 96 Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 PM

Having not seen any recent posts anywhere on the Web, I wondered if Samsung was still fixing this issue. Even at this late date, a repairman is supposed to call me in 1-2 days to perform a free, one-time repair, at my home, on my HLS4674SX. This should be interesting, since I live 2-1/2 hours from the nearest town!

Only took one call to the general number.
post #22 of 96 Old 09-26-2010, 06:34 PM

thank you for this thread and the info! was about to dump my tv and go buy a new one ..one call to the samsung number and they are going to fix it for free so long as it is the dmb chip and not something else.
post #23 of 96 Old 11-07-2010, 07:18 PM

I had a tech out a few days ago to replace the DMD chip. No more white spots! Although he left me with storm clouds that couldn't be seen in the well lit room he serviced it in. Any idea what could be causing this? I'll probably call the tech soon, but don't know how it will go since I had the chip replaced under the "complimentary one time service" policy. More info can be found in the thread here.

post #24 of 96 Old 11-09-2010, 11:27 AM

I just got a single white "sparkle" in the center of my 46" Samsung, is this repair still available and should I wait for 4 to show up like somebody said?
post #25 of 96 Old 11-11-2010, 09:15 PM

I called Samsung at 3:45 this afternoon and spoke to customer service for less than 10 minutes and got a claim number. 15 minutes later the service company called me to set up the appointment and I'm scheduled to have the repair done tomorrow at 1:00. Less than 24 hours from initial call to service tech coming out. Obviously I'm annoyed that my television is messed up, but I must say that I'm impressed how Samsung is handling it.

FYI - a week ago I had 2 dots, and as of an hour ago I was up to 18.
post #26 of 96 Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 PM

Thank's for the info, look's like I may soon have more than 1.
post #27 of 96 Old 11-13-2010, 02:52 AM

i have a viore which is basically samsung would it be covered in this?i have like 52 white dots at last count
post #28 of 96 Old 11-28-2010, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Dark dots started about 2 months ago followed by 1 white dot about a week later. Now there's over 100 white dots and increasing daily. After 2 months of unanswered emails by Samsung, (More than 20) I finally called Customer support Friday and a case was set up. The repair center called me tonight to set up an appointment for tomorrow and they stock the part. (Must be doing quite a few of these) If you have this issue call them ASAP as they may not continue the program much longer from what I've heard.
post #29 of 96 Old 12-06-2010, 12:15 PM

I still have only 1 white dot after 3 week's. Will they come out for 1 or should I wait for more. Anybody know how long the repair's will continue?
post #30 of 96 Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 PM

My screen looks like the Windows Starfield Screensaver....literally!
Quite pretty truthfully....but also distracting. The picture resolution behind the starry screen is still excellent. Hope it stays that way AFTER the repair.

I made a quick call to the main 800 number...on SUNDAY EVENING no less! The rep made a service appt for the next week.
The local repairman later called and rescheduled - he says he's been doing a slew of these lately and is waiting on more parts to arrive.
I'm really grateful that Samsung is stepping up to the plate on this. Kudos to them

Like I said.....I'm waay impressed with Samsung now. They even had a marketing firm call me on followup about the rep's handling of my concern.
Of course, having a complaint thread a mile long online about this problem in a high-end product might have nudged them a little....but still.

Their rep in my book is MUCH better than HEWLETT-PACKARD's relentless stonewalling about a known issue : again, a defective chip.

The HP-Dell- NVIDIA (computer) SETTLEMENT resulted in unbelievably amoral, borderline criminal behavior by the attorneys representing the plaintiffs.
Our legal system is truly flawed when it comes to consumer protection, in case anyone is still wondering...
I strongly support class action suits with one proviso: attorneys should NOT be allowed full fee compensation until after ALL their clients receive fair compensation, and legal fees should be directly tied to the ACTUAL COSTS of said fair and equitable compensation.
IT was a hit and run by the CA's attys, Millberg and his equally amoral cronies. 1.5 - 5 million potential members of the action. Fewer than 30,000 actually got anything. There were apparently many thousands of people the atty's failed to notify as required by law. I considered myself lucky after hearing that.
The appellate judge who heard the complaint filed by the plaintiff's about the fairness of the NVIDIA settlement fiddled around for a month before rejecting the appeal -- well, I'm thinking a little nest egg with his name on it is sitting in a Swiss bank somewhere for when he retires and the spotlight is elsewhere...
That fiasco was truly astonishing..mind-boggling, really---a sad day for our court system (not unlike the Supreme Court opening the floodgates to corporate political contributions).

SO we should thank our lucky stars that Samsung chose honor over pay-offs.
Or ongoing stonewalling.
They have my respect now.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page