WD60C9 Center/Side Brightness Question - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-02-2010, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope I am not asking something answered a dozen other times but I searched around and couldn't find something that exactly pertains to this.

Just got a WD60C9 and I absolutely love it, the picture is immaculately gorgeous on DirecTV HD.

However, I have noticed that there is a slight (albeit minor) variance in brightness form the center of the screen to the edges. Something that is the same color all the way across the screen will be a smidgen brighter in the center.

I stumbled around the settings but see nothing which seems to change this. Is this a common occurrence? Is this just to be expected with a DLP?

Any advice on what might fix this or am I being too picky at this point?

I currently have the factory settings of Brilliant picture enabled because after that, the other settings look too dark and we're in a bright room. Perhaps the brightness is too high causing the isssue?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. This forum has been a fountain of information prior to making my purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-02-2010, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I don't have your model nor brand. But I did have a Sammy DLP and it is recommended that you don't keep them on the highest setting as that is usually for store display and causes eye strain, and in your case, maybe the uneven lighting. Try turning down that setting and if necessary raising the brightness or contrast to compensate and see if the problem gets better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page