Mitsubishi 65-734 vertical lines that look like barcode - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 05-30-2010, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
My 65 dlp getting vertical lines with Horizontal lines within them with a ghost image of a different part of the screen. thought that overheating was problem, so cleaned out a lot of dust from the dlp board had to remove the fan cover to get to it. but still get the lines, they go away if you shut off and turn back on the tv. It only gets lines about once a day. Tv is almost 4 years old now with factory lamp. could that be the couse of this or should I get ready for a major repair.
Here are some pics of what i found behind that fan cover.
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 199
I though I came across dirty computers in my days. How many kids, dogs, cats, smokers do you have in your household and where is the TV located compared to open windows and doors?

How about a screen shot of the problem? I doubt the dust is/was causing the problem

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #3 of 16 Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

I have 1 dog german shapard short hair though. windows shut as hot here in florida no smokers in my house at all, run ac alot.the inside of the tv was not that bad this was behind the fan the blows on the board.. If you never take it apart you will not know its even there.as for the lines i will get some pic as soon as it does it again.

This tv is 3 years old also so that was 3 years of gunk.
post #4 of 16 Old 06-02-2010, 10:12 AM

Wow, that is a dirty TV. Those vertical lines normally are related with a defective DMD board. Cleaning the dust won't help making the lines go away. There is a small test you can try: bring up the TV menu with your remote, see if the lines are still visible over the menu. If yes, then the DMD is your problem, if the lines are not visible over the menu then its another component of the tv (probably the digital or analog video board).

SAMSUNG 61" DLP - HL-R6167W - Living Room
SHARP 46" LCD - LC-46D62U - Master Bed Room
DYNEX 32" LCD -DX-L32-10A - Kids Room
post #5 of 16 Old 06-02-2010, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

so far lines have not showed back up 3 days now after cleaning out that dirt from behind the fan cover so hope that was the problem as that is the dmd board that was dirty.
post #6 of 16 Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Ok now it just did this its new not like the other lines... think tv is getting ready to die. here is the pics of what its doing.
LL
LL
post #7 of 16 Old 06-09-2010, 05:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Something went south in the video process board(s).

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #8 of 16 Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

The good thing is that it does reset when you shut off the tv. will have to look into video boards.
post #9 of 16 Old 06-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Check the board for any swollen capacitors, if there is nothing wrong try to reset the Digital video board. You'll find a small gray round button on the board; you need to press it with the point of a pen or a toothpick. This will reset the memory in case it's a software issue from the TV.
Good luck.

SAMSUNG 61" DLP - HL-R6167W - Living Room
SHARP 46" LCD - LC-46D62U - Master Bed Room
DYNEX 32" LCD -DX-L32-10A - Kids Room
post #10 of 16 Old 06-09-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Ok will give the dmd board reset a tri. so far tonight tv is working normal,but it will do it again sooner or later it has been for 2 months now.
post #11 of 16 Old 06-16-2010, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

7 days with no problems so far. All I did was plug the tv in its own plug by its self. so far its doing good, I read on here someone had did this so fig i would give it a try, as direct tv box and sound system were all pluged in same surge pertector. might have been too many things in one outlet.
post #12 of 16 Old 06-28-2010, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quick update. Tv is still working with no problems at all.so last weekend I did plug tv back into same surge unit as direct tv and sourond system and tv did it again, so I am guessing it does not like to share power it wants its own or it has a fit. so hope this helps someone else with this problem.
post #13 of 16 Old 06-29-2010, 04:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

1. What is the make/model of this power strip?
2. Have you tried another strip?

post #14 of 16 Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Its a elictrolIIIcord surgepertector I have had it for about 10 years but have not had any problems with it. never lost any thing pluged into it and here in florida with all the lightning it must have did its job well over the years.
I have been looking into getting a bat backup system for it as durring storms power can go out without warning, leaving tv hot without a fan cool down.

Right now its in a wall outlet but i do unplug it before i go to work as storms come her most days and lightning is really bad so do not take a chance with that.
post #15 of 16 Old 06-30-2010, 03:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

as storms come her most days and lightning is really bad

I'm more than glad I live where I do. Dump that 'thing' and get a brand name decent strip. Not Monster Power or any other over priced item.

post #16 of 16 Old 04-23-2015, 09:15 PM

Liked: 0
I remember my friend's iphone screen like barcode just because of water. Your screen also like bar code, maybe it caused by damp and dust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page