post #8821 of 8840 Old 08-19-2014, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray77085 View Post
Good questions about the maintenance. Mine still shows a great picture and I'm paranoid about doing anything to it. I did change the lamp once and that's it.
Same here-1 lamp, no maintenance.
Ray77085 likes this.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8822 of 8840 Old 08-20-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Mine is also about 4 1/2 years but I use it in the bedroom so I don't think the hours on it are a lot. I did clean the mirrors on my old 62525 and it did make a big difference on the picture. I had step by step instructions to do it at the time. I haven't seen mirror cleaning instructions on the newer models so don't know how to do it on them? What are the hours on yours that you think you need to clean it?

lujan
670 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
7 DVD
post #8823 of 8840 Old 08-23-2014, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a WD 65-738 model and recently moved from AZ to GA. I've had the tv for about 4 years. When the movers dropped it off and I set it up, the bulb blew, it was about that time anyways. Well, after ordering and installing the new bulb, every time I turn it on, it starts normal and after about 30 secs it starts to flicker and cuts off to the solid red light like many of you have stated here. I ended up replacing the ballast and the same problem continues to happen. When I check the error codes though, all I'm getting is error 34, lamp cartridge failure. I can hear it "flickering" when the screen flickers (if that makes sense), anyone have any ideas what my next step should be? Thanks in advance...
post #8824 of 8840 Old 08-23-2014, 05:20 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by battousai84 View Post
I have a WD 65-738 model and recently moved from AZ to GA. I've had the tv for about 4 years. When the movers dropped it off and I set it up, the bulb blew, it was about that time anyways. Well, after ordering and installing the new bulb, every time I turn it on, it starts normal and after about 30 secs it starts to flicker and cuts off to the solid red light like many of you have stated here. I ended up replacing the ballast and the same problem continues to happen. When I check the error codes though, all I'm getting is error 34, lamp cartridge failure. I can hear it "flickering" when the screen flickers (if that makes sense), anyone have any ideas what my next step should be? Thanks in advance...
Did you get a new genuine Mitsubishi lamp cartridge or a 3rd party one? If not genuine, that could be the culprit.
post #8825 of 8840 Old 08-23-2014, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Did you get a new genuine Mitsubishi lamp cartridge or a 3rd party one? If not genuine, that could be the culprit.

I used the original housing. I just switched the bulb.
post #8826 of 8840 Old 08-23-2014, 05:53 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
With a genuine or aftermarket bulb... The same thing applies - if you're not using original Mitsubishi parts, that could very well be the problem as lots of people have run into issues using aftermarket bulbs and/or housings.
post #8827 of 8840 Old 08-23-2014, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If you didn't get the lamp from Mitsu, that's your culprit. Common thing w/ 3rd party lamps.

post #8828 of 8840 Old 08-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have never changed bulb in my 82838, and I figured it's probably time to do it soon, thinking that it may be around 6,000 hours. Tonight checked my 82838 lamp timer: 11,681 hours!!! What!??? How long do these bulbs last

Definitely high time to order a spare bulb methinks
post #8829 of 8840 Old 08-24-2014, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nielsen View Post
I have never changed bulb in my 82838, and I figured it's probably time to do it soon, thinking that it may be around 6,000 hours. Tonight checked my 82838 lamp timer: 11,681 hours!!! What!??? How long do these bulbs last

You should notice a significant difference once you get and install the new lamp !!!
If I were you I would order it straight Mits and not from some 3rd party vendor.
Post up once you get the new lamp !!
old corps likes this.

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
post #8830 of 8840 Old 08-24-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If you have it on the lower brightness lamp setting, they'll last much longer than usual. My original lamp was on the lower setting, and it had 9,000 when I replaced it(too dim).

post #8831 of 8840 Old 08-24-2014, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

I was I the same boat as you. I was definitely surprised to see 10,000 hrs on mine.

I was amazed to see the difference when I put the new bulb in. My eyes were getting used to the dim bulb. Believe me, it will be like getting a brand new tv.
Peter Nielsen likes this.
post #8832 of 8840 Old 08-27-2014, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
Mine is also about 4 1/2 years but I use it in the bedroom so I don't think the hours on it are a lot. I did clean the mirrors on my old 62525 and it did make a big difference on the picture. I had step by step instructions to do it at the time. I haven't seen mirror cleaning instructions on the newer models so don't know how to do it on them? What are the hours on yours that you think you need to clean it?
Sorry, I've been busy so hadn't had time to look. My TV says that I almost made it to the 7000 hour mark. Not too bad I must say for a bulb. It has been running in ECO mode the majority of its life so that probably helped. So I think I should buy a bulb that way I'll have a spare in case something happens to the new one. Now I remember that the bulbs for this TV used to be going for $99 but after reading the past couple of pages it seems that is no longer the case. So where is the best place to get a bulb or is it still direct from Mitsubishi?
post #8833 of 8840 Old 08-27-2014, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TViewer2000 View Post
Sorry, I've been busy so hadn't had time to look. My TV says that I almost made it to the 7000 hour mark. Not too bad I must say for a bulb. It has been running in ECO mode the majority of its life so that probably helped. So I think I should buy a bulb that way I'll have a spare in case something happens to the new one. Now I remember that the bulbs for this TV used to be going for $99 but after reading the past couple of pages it seems that is no longer the case. So where is the best place to get a bulb or is it still direct from Mitsubishi?
I would not trust getting it anywhere else after reading a lot of different ads. Some talk about original Philips bulb, other talk about original Osram bulb. Looks like everybody is lying, and I sure don't know who to trust!

My take is that the only way to be sure is to order it from mitsuparts.com.
$118.90 for bulb, $10.00 for shipping, $5.00 for handling plus sales tax for a total price of $142.92 to NC...
post #8834 of 8840 Old 08-28-2014, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

+1 to ordering from Mitsubishi.

Put the new one in when you get it and keep the old one for a spare.
post #8835 of 8840 Old 08-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I ordered the bulb and should be here tomorrow. I assume I don't need any special tools and that I pretty much pull the old bulb out and slide the new bulb in and done. I guess I better reset the bulb timer too.
post #8836 of 8840 Old 08-28-2014, 11:35 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
I ordered the bulb and should be here tomorrow. I assume I don't need any special tools and that I pretty much pull the old bulb out and slide the new bulb in and done. I guess I better reset the bulb timer too.
IIRC, all that's needed is a standard Philips head screwdriver.
post #8837 of 8840 Old 08-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
This will certainly help with changing the lamp ,just in case you need it.

Lamp-Cartridge Replacement
Removing the Old Lamp Cartridge
1. Turn off TV power and unplug the TV. Allow the
lamp to cool for at least one hour before proceeding.
2. After the lamp has cooled, remove the cover of the
lamp compartment, located on the back of the TV.
Refer to figures 1 and 2. Use a #2 (medium) Phillips
screwdriver to loosen the screw securing the cover.
Keep the screw and cover for re-installation
3. With a medium Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two
screws securing the lamp cartridge until they disengage
from the mating threads. These are captive
screws and cannot be separated from the lamp
cartridge.
4. Fully open the bag supplied with the replacement
lamp and set the opened bag aside.
5. Gently grasp the handle of the lamp cartridge and
pull the old cartridge straight out. See figure 3.
CAUTION: Do not tilt or rotate the cartridge, as
small glass fragments may fall out.
6. Without tilting or putting down the lamp cartridge,
insert it into the opened bag. Close the bag while
being careful not to let any glass particles fall out.
Installing the New Lamp Cartridge
1. Do not touch the glass parts of the new lamp cartridge.
Insert the new cartridge into the TV in the
same orientation as the old cartridge. Push on the
cartridge housing until it is fully seated.
2. Gently tighten the screws with the screwdriver.
AVOID OVERTIGHTENING!
3. Replace the plastic cover and retaining screws.
4. WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUG

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
post #8838 of 8840 Old 08-29-2014, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
As above, 5 minute job.

Put the old lamp in the new lamp's box and keep it as a spare. The spare is so you don't go without TV while waiting on a new lamp in the future if the 2nd lamp fails completely instead of dimming.

The TV hours do not reset. Write the hours down on the spare's box.
old corps likes this.
post #8839 of 8840 Old 09-07-2014, 11:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DLP HDMI shutdown

Hello,
I recently replaced my Mitsubishi WD-62725 65' bulb from ShopJimmy. I purchased the original replacement build and housing.
I went to turn it on today. Everything was fine, but when I plugged in the HDMI cord to the input slot in the back that the tv was configured to, the tv shutdown.
If i plug the HDMI into a port that the tv is not currently viewing it doesn't shutdown. Composite inputs seem to work fine. (Plugged in Wii). I tried 3 different HDMI cables connected to a PS3 and every time the tv shutdown. I even tried different wall outlets.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
post #8840 of 8840 Old 09-08-2014, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 103
You should always make your connections to the TV (HDMI, composite, etc.) while the unit and the connected device are both off. If you haven't tried this already, do so. Then, turn the connected devices on first, and turn the TV on last...depending on the model, your TV may display a message onscreen alerting you that a device has been connected to each active input.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page