Originally Posted by TViewer2000
I ordered the bulb and should be here tomorrow. I assume I don't need any special tools and that I pretty much pull the old bulb out and slide the new bulb in and done. I guess I better reset the bulb timer too.
This will certainly help with changing the lamp ,just in case you need it.
Removing the Old Lamp Cartridge
1. Turn off TV power and unplug the TV. Allow the
lamp to cool for at least one hour before proceeding.
2. After the lamp has cooled, remove the cover of the
lamp compartment, located on the back of the TV.
Refer to figures 1 and 2. Use a #2
screwdriver to loosen the screw securing the cover.
Keep the screw and cover for re-installation
3. With a medium Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two
screws securing the lamp cartridge until they disengage
from the mating threads. These are captive
screws and cannot be separated from the lamp
4. Fully open the bag supplied with the replacement
lamp and set the opened bag aside.
5. Gently grasp the handle of the lamp cartridge and
pull the old cartridge straight out. See figure 3.
CAUTION: Do not tilt or rotate the cartridge, as
small glass fragments may fall out.
6. Without tilting or putting down the lamp cartridge,
insert it into the opened bag. Close the bag while
being careful not to let any glass particles fall out.
Installing the New Lamp Cartridge
1. Do not touch the glass parts of the new lamp cartridge.
Insert the new cartridge into the TV in the
same orientation as the old cartridge. Push on the
cartridge housing until it is fully seated.
2. Gently tighten the screws with the screwdriver.
3. Replace the plastic cover and retaining screws.
4. WASH YOUR HANDS THOROUG