post #8851 of 8859 Old 10-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post
I'm just asking if anyone has used Shopjimmy. They are the only place to advertise the lamp housing with Philips bulb, Osram bulb, or the Osram Neolux bulb. Mitsu's webpage doesn't even do that. Since they offer all three choices they are probably knowledgeable and perhaps legit.
I have replaced mine once and I purchased direct from Mits. I'm going to buy another one from Mits again as a back up and before they get really crazy with the already over priced lamp. I have heard of shopjimmy, but I don't know nothing about their products.
Just call them and ask what type of warranty/return policy comes with their products.
Good luck !!

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8852 of 8859 Old 10-07-2014, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post
I'm just asking if anyone has used Shopjimmy. They are the only place to advertise the lamp housing with Philips bulb, Osram bulb, or the Osram Neolux bulb. Mitsu's webpage doesn't even do that. Since they offer all three choices they are probably knowledgeable and perhaps legit.
Mits only specifies one lamp model, not three. The lamps are engineered to work with the Mitsubishi ballast, software, and hardware. It's not like buying a light bulb.

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2011/06/15...ojector-lamps/

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2008/11/21...it-copy-lamps/

Quote:
Rear Projection TV’s (RPTVs) were manufactured by collaboration efforts between many different companies. Texas Instruments (TI) was instrumental in creating the DLP Technology and the DLP chip that spawned this revolution of TVs and Projectors. Philips has been a huge part of the movement as the inventor of the UHP lamp technology used across the world today. With these two main partners are the OEM product manufactures, such as Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, etc. It is collaboration through these companies that resulted in RPTV and Front Projection (FT) projectors.
As this is the case, these companies have spent countless hours perfecting their innovations to work together seamlessly. These companies have spent millions upon millions of dollars on Research and Development (R&D) to not only created and perfect their technologies, but to mesh all the this technology together.

When a third-party manufacture enters the marketplace, there are a lot of disadvantages at play…and that is a whole other discussion there…

Often times third-party products (including lamps) can VOID your manufacturer’s warranty and lead to premature failure of other components inside your TV set! Your DLP is “driven” or powered on by a “lamp driver” or a “ballast” This ballast has been engineered as the bridge between the TV manufacturer (Samsung for example) and the lamp manufacturer (Philips for example). To ensure proper ignition, continuous voltage, and a healthy long life, the ballast and lamp are matched together.
With a generic or third-party lamp, you are committing yourself to buying an inferior product! Spending $5, $10, or $15 extra on an original part versus a generic/third-party should be a no-brainer when you’ve got a lot more to lose than a few bucks! More on this to come, this has already become longer than it should be.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Last edited by Augerhandle; 10-07-2014 at 08:19 PM.
post #8853 of 8859 Old 10-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Mits only specifies one lamp model, not three. The lamps are engineered to work with the Mitsubishi ballast, software, and hardware. It's not like buying a light bulb.

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2011/06/15...ojector-lamps/

http://www.fixyourdlp.com/2008/11/21...it-copy-lamps/
Excellent post with outstanding info. Thanks for posting !!!

MY 7.4 SET UP. Not Perfect But Let's Just Say I'm Happy !!
Onkyo TX-NR809, (Klipsch-KF-28 mains),( Center KC-25), (Front wide- Primus P363), (AR-Stature S20 side surrounds).2 each Klipsch RW12D subs. HSU VTF-3 MK3 and HSU VTF-3 MK4 subs.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP MODEL73-738, DarbeeVision DVP-5000.Pioneer BDP-62FD.
post #8854 of 8859 Old 10-09-2014, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi folks, I'm new here and hope I'm posting at the right place. Looking for any help with my WD65838. Performing fine until a few days ago - my PC stopped displaying video. PC has worked fine through the tv for 3 - 4 years without problem. The pc connection is DVI out to HDMI 3 in on the tv. Originally in HDMI 3, I tried HDMI 1 and 2 - no help. Connected the pc to a desktop monitor - dvi to dvi, using the original cable minus the hdmi convertor - normal display, so I'm getting output from the pc. The only other hdmi source I have is another laptop. Connected hdmi to hdmi - no display on hdmi 1,2, or 3. Tried different resolutions - no help. Updated to latest version on the Mitsubishi site - no help. Reset tv - no help. Other sources are a dvr and a dvd connected to analog 1 and 2 inputs, and antenna - those are fine. I name whichever input I test to PC so it's looking for the right signal. Bottom line seems that my hdmi/pc inputs aren't working even though the tv "sees" the connection as soon as it's made. Am I missing a tweek somewhere? Again, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place...this isn't really a reply about lamps.
post #8855 of 8859 Old 10-09-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65838User View Post
Hi folks, I'm new here and hope I'm posting at the right place. Looking for any help with my WD65838. Performing fine until a few days ago - my PC stopped displaying video. PC has worked fine through the tv for 3 - 4 years without problem. The pc connection is DVI out to HDMI 3 in on the tv. Originally in HDMI 3, I tried HDMI 1 and 2 - no help. Connected the pc to a desktop monitor - dvi to dvi, using the original cable minus the hdmi convertor - normal display, so I'm getting output from the pc. The only other hdmi source I have is another laptop. Connected hdmi to hdmi - no display on hdmi 1,2, or 3. Tried different resolutions - no help. Updated to latest version on the Mitsubishi site - no help. Reset tv - no help. Other sources are a dvr and a dvd connected to analog 1 and 2 inputs, and antenna - those are fine. I name whichever input I test to PC so it's looking for the right signal. Bottom line seems that my hdmi/pc inputs aren't working even though the tv "sees" the connection as soon as it's made. Am I missing a tweek somewhere? Again, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place...this isn't really a reply about lamps.
Did the problem begin after an operating system update or other similar change on your PC and laptop? If not, borrow (or buy a cheap) Blu-Ray player to check the HDMI inputs on the TV.
post #8856 of 8859 Old 10-09-2014, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Did the problem begin after an operating system update or other similar change on your PC and laptop? If not, borrow (or buy a cheap) Blu-Ray player to check the HDMI inputs on the TV.
No, one day working...next day not. All the troubleshooting was done after the problem occurred. Went through the manual, checked cables and inputs. One other thing that I tried - installed a usb to hdmi adaptor on the pc and tried that but no help. If there are no ideas or anyone worked through this problem, I guess it's a hardware failure in the tv. But I'll take your advice to try a blu-ray player on each input within the next two days and post an update. Thanks for your reply.
post #8857 of 8859 Old 10-10-2014, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
No, one day working...next day not.
If it's a Windows PC, check whether Windows Update installed a new GPU driver automatically. That's caused me problems before. Once I disabled automatic updating of GPU drivers I had no further problems.

In regards to my problem above, I just installed my new lamp from Mitsubishi and everything is good as new!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Guess I'll try running at the "normal" energy setting to get more life out of this lamp. Otherwise new lamps are going to cost me an average of $10/month...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
post #8858 of 8859 Old 10-12-2014, 09:40 AM

No HDMI input

Quote:
Quote:
No, one day working...next day not. All the troubleshooting was done after the problem occurred. Went through the manual, checked cables and inputs. One other thing that I tried - installed a usb to hdmi adaptor on the pc and tried that but no help. If there are no ideas or anyone worked through this problem, I guess it's a hardware failure in the tv. But I'll take your advice to try a blu-ray player on each input within the next two days and post an update. Thanks for your reply.
OK, back on the problem...bought a blueray dvd player and tested it on all 4 hdmi inputs - same problem - the tv senses the input on each but there is no picture. New cable, no original connections, so it seems that my problem is in the tv circuit. My pc isn't connected to the internet and updates have been off since I set it up, so there wouldn't have been any updates recently. I think it's time for a repair tech. Thanks for the trouble shooting help.
post #8859 of 8859 Old 10-14-2014, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Contrast Ratio

Has anyone ever measured the native contrast ratio of the 738 series?
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page