gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeam View Post
I have it listed on cl for $400.00 firm just installed a new bulb man this thing has a good picture...lol hate to sell it
I included a brand new bulb (not installed yet) with mine too... I wish you the best of luck - let us know how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8882 of 8898 Old 11-05-2014, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeam View Post
I have another question what would be a good asking price for this set?
I had a 65738 and sold mine 2 weeks ago for my list price of $450. I generated a lot of interest from facebook garage sale websites and Craigslist.
post #8883 of 8898 Old 11-18-2014, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My lamp ( Model 73738 ) failed..no picture just sound..verified with mits it's the lamp so I ordered a lamp from Mits.

Tell me..how can I checked the lamps hours on my TV.

What are the codes and will the lamp hours still be recorded even tho I swapped out lamp ?

I can't check now because lamp is dead..been getting weaker real fast the last few weeks. Should have ordered beforehand ,now I have no TV until lamp arrives.

Gave away my spare 40" LCD so I'm screwed until new lamp arrives.

Thanks

See My AVS Classified Ad .

Last edited by Blue Rain; 11-18-2014 at 08:52 PM.
post #8884 of 8898 Old 11-18-2014, 09:03 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Rain View Post
What are the codes and will the lamp hours still be recorded even tho I swapped out lamp ?
Menu, 2 4 7 0

Total hours of use will be at the bottom. This number never resets, even after you change the lamp.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Blue Rain likes this.
post #8885 of 8898 Old 11-18-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotShorty View Post
Menu, 2 4 7 0

Total hours of use will be at the bottom. This number never resets, even after you change the lamp.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks NotShorty...appreciate the quick reply !

post #8886 of 8898 Old 11-19-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Be VERY careful in the service menu. Do not click enter on anything, and use the Exit key to exit after writing down the hours. The next time it dims, order a new lamp cartridge early, and save the dim one for an emergency spare, because sometimes they just fail with no dimming to warn you.
Blue Rain likes this.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #8887 of 8898 Old 11-19-2014, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Be VERY careful in the service menu. Do not click enter on anything, and use the Exit key to exit after writing down the hours. The next time it dims, order a new lamp cartridge early, and save the dim one for an emergency spare, because sometimes they just fail with no dimming to warn you.
A little off topic, but I was wondering if you or anyone knows about the input lag of these Mitsu DLP's. I can't find anything regarding DLP's.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #8888 of 8898 Old 11-19-2014, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
A little off topic, but I was wondering if you or anyone knows about the input lag of these Mitsu DLP's. I can't find anything regarding DLP's.
You probably won't find any info on lag because, to my knowledge, there isn't any lag. I read once that lag was a problem in the earliest Samsung DLPs, but have never seen anything about lag in Mitsubishi DLPs. I game on mine regularly with no problems.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #8889 of 8898 Old 11-19-2014, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You probably won't find any info on lag because, to my knowledge, there isn't any lag. I read once that lag was a problem in the earliest Samsung DLPs, but have never seen anything about lag in Mitsubishi DLPs. I game on mine regularly with no problems.
I've never had any problems either, but I figured there has to be SOME lag. I only see measurements on LCD, LED, Plasma.

post #8890 of 8898 Old 11-19-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I've never had any problems either, but I figured there has to be SOME lag. I only see measurements on LCD, LED, Plasma.

post #8891 of 8898 Old 11-20-2014, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I actually saw that video. It's interesting, seeing how it wasn't even on game mode(it was on bright). I saw the video was posted in 2013, so I wondered if it's models specific. I have a WD-82838, roughly 3yrs old. At the very least, it's a good sign.

post #8892 of 8898 Old 11-20-2014, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I actually saw that video. It's interesting, seeing how it wasn't even on game mode(it was on bright). I saw the video was posted in 2013, so I wondered if it's models specific. I have a WD-82838, roughly 3yrs old. At the very least, it's a good sign.
I also read that if you have or can borrow a copy of Guitar Hero II or Rock Band II, they both have a calibration setting that will measure any lag, and adjust for it. That measurement would be interesting to see. Unfortunately, I don't have access to either of those.

post #8893 of 8898 Old 11-20-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I also read that if you have or can borrow a copy of Guitar Hero II or Rock Band II, they both have a calibration setting that will measure any lag, and adjust for it. That measurement would be interesting to see. Unfortunately, I don't have access to either of those.
Thanx, great idea. I'll keep that in mind.

post #8894 of 8898 Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Lamp arrived today..ordered late Tuesday around 7:30 pm Est straight from Mits and paid for 2 day shipping ($22). They mailed it Weds and it arrived this morning.

I bought this TV April of 2011 and have 15201 hours on old lamp . Not bad.

TV is like Brand new ..had to lower contrast and brightness down to upper teens .

I'm very happy

To think how many people throw out a perfectly good TV not knowing all they need is a Lamp..kind of sad.

post #8895 of 8898 Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone have terrible candlelight-like flickering on their set? I tried replacing with a new (but 3rd party) lamp I had stored away but the problem came right back, maybe even worse than before.

Is it just a bad replacement lamp or should I be looking towards a ballast or power supply? When the TV was under warranty this happened randomly and the tech could never see it, now it seems to almost never NOT happen.
post #8896 of 8898 Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradP View Post
Anyone have terrible candlelight-like flickering on their set? I tried replacing with a new (but 3rd party) lamp I had stored away but the problem came right back, maybe even worse than before.

Is it just a bad replacement lamp or should I be looking towards a ballast or power supply? When the TV was under warranty this happened randomly and the tech could never see it, now it seems to almost never NOT happen.
Sorry I never had any flickering . I checked the Mits website under trouble shooting and don't see anything for flickering. It asks about power light colors and picture or sound.

http://mitsubishi-tv.com/

It could still be the lamp. Call Mits and see what they say.

post #8897 of 8898 Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Some people have fixed it by switching Lamp Energy to Bright for a short period, but I never trusted third party lamps. It's not the same as changing a light bulb. The lamps are engineered to match the specific TV, and third party lamps cause all kinds of problems.

From the Owners Manual:

Quote:
Lamp-Substitution Alert
MEVSA recommends that you use only genuine Replacement Lamp Assemblies purchased directly from Mitsubishi or a
Mitsubishi Authorized Dealer or Mitsubishi Authorized Service Center. MEVSA advises that replacement lamps obtained
separately from the Lamp Cartridge and/or Lamp Assemblies obtained from unauthorized sellers may be incorrect for
your television, may not fit or perform properly and may even damage your television. MEVSA can not be responsible
for the performance, reliability or safety of any replacement lamps that are obtained from unauthorized sources.
Blue Rain and old corps like this.

post #8898 of 8898 Old Today, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Flickering I can't speak to. However, it's not unusual for Mitsu DLP's to suffer from "shimmering". It's done it on both my last two. It's VERY subtle and infrequent though; you really have to be looking for it/right at it. On my old 65" they referred to it as "iris pumping". Occasionally I still see it for a few seconds on my 82838, although I can't say it's iris pumping on that unit. I don't even know if it has an iris. My lamp has roughly 8000hrs on it(low setting), so maybe it's due to aging lamps?

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page