post #61 of 8859 Old 07-06-2010, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

So why do people buy these sets? I can only imagine the PQ to be kinda crappy since you get such a huge set for dirt cheap. I was considering one of these sets. But the fact that its so cheap for such a big set just pretty much scares me.

I have LCD, LED LCD, Plasma, mutiple DLPs. It is not a so simple. I just bought the latest 37" Panny LED LCD as a PC desktop display its image quality up close exceeds my 82" DLP by a good margin but the blacks are purplish and if you had an 82" or larger LED LCD you could not afford tun it on.. the power bill alone would be catastophic. I just watched Alice in Wonderland on the Panny LED and even at 3 to four feet it is not an immersive experience. Incredible detail with great out of the box color. Nice set, it has issues though. Panny locked the software down to a rediculous degree, and Panny's tuners and channel management suck. They also create more mpeg noise on decompression of Digital cable than is excusable. I use a Tivo HD and except for the compression champ, my local PBS station, it is a rarely noctice thing. The Panny is macroblocking like crazy from its own tuner. I brought home the competiting LG to compare. Odd there is no comparison, the LG has a the software and the tuner, though it still macroblocks way more than it should, but it can't match the Panasonics panel in image quality. I wanted to so much to prefer the LG.. If I ever was in the market for a big LED, I would look seriously at the LG becasue of Picture Wizard and a thousand other things. But a properly calibrated big DLP withe a Tivo Hd or later still beats LCD in more than just size. Calibration is vital on the Mits.

These little 37" Alpha IPS panels get a very nice tight grain structure and the have almost give that film like expreience that is part of the nature of DLP, with the IPS LED panel capable of much finer detail.

Still I sit 14' feet away from my 82" and that is a home theater presentaion. The supersize Mits is not all that bright but after a lot of loving calibration it is like a good, very, very bright front projetor but without the reuqirement of a bat cave to use it.

Of all the sets I have owned over the years my 82" Mits is my favorite TV by far. If Mits does a 3rd gen 80 or bigger inch laser display, I will probaby be there with my ncikels, a 100" would ideal for me. My only gripe with the 82", it just does not want to make 30 ft lamberts calibrated..

There is no rationale alternatives in the market above 70" unless you can go front projection. Arguing about image qualtiy of an 82" versus a 37" is crazy, think dpi.

Just another blank signature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 8859 Old 07-06-2010, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

I have LCD, LED LCD, Plasma, mutiple DLPs. It is not a so simple. I just bought the latest 37" Panny LED LCD as a PC desktop display its image quality up close exceeds my 82" DLP by a good margin but the blacks are purplish and if you had an 82" or larger LED LCD you could not afford tun it on.. the power bill alone would be catastophic. I just watched Alice in Wonderland on the Panny LED and even at 3 to four feet it is not an immersive experience. Incredible detail with great out of the box color. Nice set, it has issues though. Panny locked the software down to a rediculous degree, and Panny's tuners and channel management suck. They also created more mpeg noise on decompression of Digital cable that is excusable.

These little 37" Alpha IPS panels get a very nice tight grain structure and the have almost give that film like expreience that is part of the nature of DLP, with the IPS LED panel capable of much finer detail.

Still I sit 14' feet away from my 82" and that is a home theater presentaion. The supersize Mits is not all that bright but after a lot of loving calibration it is like a good, very, very bright front projetor but without the reuqirement of a bat cave to use it.

Of all the sets I have owned over the years my 82" Mits is my favorite TV by far. If Mits does a 3rd gen 80 or bigger inch laser display, I will probaby be there with my ncikels, a 100" would ideal for me. My only gripe with the 82", it just does not want to make 30 ft lamberts calibrated..

There is no rationale alternatives in the market above 70" unless you can go front projection. Arguing about image qualtiy of an 82" versus a 37" is crazy, think dpi.

100 WOW. How would you say a DLP is for gaming? 2 Things are important to me. Low input lag and PQ. You seem to own a lot so its sounds like you know what your talking about. What about a 55LED LCD oppose to a 37? I wouldn't really consider the panny LED set to be a fair PQ comparison over other sets. What about best vs best? Best DLP vs best LCD?
post #63 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 08:21 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Notice a few words here. SOME. Your really trying to dish out the THE BEST LCD out there isn't up to par with a DLP? And you point out cons you've read in a review? You give cons but disregard the benefits which is a pure sign of you being a fan boy and denying yourself to see the truth. FACT. DLP is CLEARLY out dated.

LOL... LCD isn`t up to par with DLP? this guys feeds words into your mouth and expets you to go along with it?

I said...Picture quality is based on a person`s "Personal Preferrence" because both LCD and DLP have their flaws! I pointed out some of the Flaws in LCDs.

You said your Samsung was better than any DLP, I posted a review that proved that even though you see your tv as the best, the other reviewer having the exact same set, saw the same artificial image that I can see which the LCD technology generates!!

The review demonstrates two points that I made earlier, one: two people like you and the reviewer can have "different opinions" on the picture quality of the SAME exact tv. Two: The LCD has glaring flaws in it`s overall image the are obviouslly not natural but digital to the a person with a good eye for accurate image quality.

How does that make me bias? Your in a Mitsubishi 738 series thread bragging about how how your Samsung is better than any DLP tv and accusing me of being biased against LCD and Plasmas because I pointed out that they do have their flaws..as one reviewer also stated?

What did you manage to type that yourself? Bad next to ANY Sony? So C-Net as well as 1000 other sites and owners of this set are clearly wrong of the value of this set?

Most people actually like your set. most of the people how like it feels it`s over priced and listed it as a con. Both sets are rated overall with 3.5 stars period! Go to page 3 or4 of the reviews on C-Net and you will see that a guys compared your set to sony`s and made that comment! Why would I use Sony "LCD" as some sort of referrence to Samsung`s quality when I talking about the flaws of LCD in relation DLP?

You or any DLP owner out of all people are saying you wouldn't get a DLP set because of off angle viewing? Considering DLP sets have THE WORST of angle viewing to date? Blooming? This set has THE LEAST amount/practically no blooming at all. Sure, you can create blooming by having crappy settings. But why would someone do this exactly? I'm sorry but again. The fact that you clearly tried to post off angle viewing on an LCD as a CON coming from you owning a DLP is just sad and shows you really have no idea what your talking about. It's like saying your buying a Tv to save energy yet buy a 65 inch plasma. Wouldn't add up much now... Would it. Buying a hummer to save gas. I guess in your gas its complete opposite. Buying a Prius for horsepower.

What I giving you is a reality check.

You make statements like this in reference to DLP : "I don't think PQ can compare to plasma or lcd. I can imagine others seem more sharp. I could picture one of these sets in a 100% dark room could give you a theater feeling. But thats about it."

You don`t seem to realize that you`re making nothing more than a personal opinion!

Off angle viewing and blooming are just two more issues the LCD technology suffer from...mentioned only to address your general statement that LCD is flat out better than DLP.

Claiming a technology like LCD is flate better than DLP when both have flaws is nothing more than preference, Bias, personal opinion.

I'm not even going to continue with everything else stated. As I said. There is clearly no point in me going on(or you) about this after trying to throw out a con you can find rather then a con you can see.

The con was use for the two reasons I gave above, you thinking LCD is better is just your opinion, but you seem to want to force on people interested Mits 2010 DLP line up.

The funny thing is I`ve seen reviews of people with Lcd and plasmas both prefer the PQ of the Mits DLP.
post #64 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Pending input lag results for gaming and picture quality. I was thinking about getting one. But I don't expect it to be anything like my LCD or anything close to the same level of hd as my local movie theatre plays. Input lag is my main concern
post #65 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Notice a few words here. SOME. Your really trying to dish out the THE BEST LCD out there isn't up to par with a DLP? And you point out cons you've read in a review? You give cons but disregard the benefits which is a pure sign of you being a fan boy and denying yourself to see the truth. FACT. DLP is CLEARLY out dated.

What did you manage to type that yourself? Bad next to ANY Sony? So C-Net as well as 1000 other sites and owners of this set are clearly wrong of the value of this set?

You or any DLP owner out of all people are saying you wouldn't get a DLP set because of off angle viewing? Considering DLP sets have THE WORST of angle viewing to date? Blooming? This set has THE LEAST amount/practically no blooming at all. Sure, you can create blooming by having crappy settings. But why would someone do this exactly? I'm sorry but again. The fact that you clearly tried to post off angle viewing on an LCD as a CON coming from you owning a DLP is just sad and shows you really have no idea what your talking about. It's like saying your buying a Tv to save energy yet buy a 65 inch plasma. Wouldn't add up much now... Would it. Buying a hummer to save gas. I guess in your gas its complete opposite. Buying a Prius for horsepower.

I'm not even going to continue with everything else stated. As I said. There is clearly no point in me going on(or you) about this after trying to throw out a con you can find rather then a con you can see.

Just wanted to mention a few things here:

1) When you say DLP, what you are really talking about is DLP REAR projection. As far as I know, DLP is alive and well in the FRONT projection arena and not "clearly outdated".

2) It is difficult to compare two very different technologies. Not only is the underlying image production technology (LCD vs. DLP) very different, but also the fact that one is direct view (LCD flat panel) and the other is rear projection (RP). They are going to have a very different "look and feel" because of this. Different people prefer different things, so some will invariably prefer DLP RP over LCD direct view and vice versa. This is subjective so there will never be a consensus as which is the "best".

3) There are qualitative measures for how well a TV/display device performs. These are always used in the better professional reviews of display devices. They measure things like contrast ratio and color accuracy. These are not subjective and give the consumer an idea of the "best" that is possible with that particular device. And by "best" I mean in terms of the measured performance, not necessarily what one person prefers. The majority of users will most likely not use the settings suggested by the professional reviews (if they can at all since the professional reviewers often get into the service menu to tweak the perfomance). Without a standard with which to compare display devices, an argument as to which is the "best" is really quite pointless. Even with a standard in place (as it is with the professional reviews), the choice for "best" still comes down to a personal preference.

4) I haven't seen a professional review for these particular 2010 DLP RPTVs, but I read the review for the previous model in Home Theater magazine. Their review was quite positive and by their standards, measured quite well. Were there TVs with better measurements? Of course there were, but they were for sure smaller (they reviewed the 73 inch model) and most likely quite a bit more expensive. There will always be some compromise and it again comes down to one's personal preference.

Anyway, long story short, there is little value in trying to determine which TV/display device or even display technology is "best". They all have their advantages and disadvantages. People have to pick their poison, which is why there are so many choices. What each person must do is determine which is "best" for their needs/wants. For that, we need threads like this which help inform us of the pros and cons of a particular TV/display device.

With that in mind, I need to get off my soapbox and allow this thread to get back on topic

post #66 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Well I was considering a rear projection set. I believe it is. "738" model? I just need to know if it's ok for gaming. If the input lag is low. I'm going for it. But I have to know before I get it
post #67 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Well I was considering a rear projection set. I believe it is. "738" model? I just need to know if it's ok for gaming. If the input lag is low. I'm going for it. But I have to know before I get it

There don't seem to be a lot of owners of the 738 model yet. It looks like one already responded to your question in post #26, and you've already noted that it seems rather high.

Is there any chance for you to go to a store and test it out? That would probably be the best way to see since other people's experience may be different.

If not, I guess you'll have to wait and see what other owners say. You might want to give some specifics (which particular game or games) to help get a more definitive answer. Good luck!

post #68 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

MW2 is the main game I'm concerned about. Thanks for the tips. Problem is with me playing in store. I wouldn't be playing online. So i dot know how it'd really work out for me with store use.
post #69 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:

MW2 is the main game I'm concerned about. Thanks for the tips. Problem is with me playing in store. I wouldn't be playing online. So i dot know how it'd really work out for me with store use.

I've been playing Street Fighter IV on the 73-738 DLP and haven't noticed any screen lag that bothers me. I haven't popped in an FPS yet though.
post #70 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoKnowsWho View Post

I've been playing Street Fighter IV on the 73-738 DLP and haven't noticed any screen lag that bothers me. I haven't popped in an FPS yet though.

If you ever get the chance let me know how it goes for you. I really Want to get one of these sets but it's gotta work out for me. Gaming lag is pretty much the only thing holding me back.
post #71 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Pending input lag results for gaming and picture quality. I was thinking about getting one. But I don't expect it to be anything like my LCD or anything close to the same level of hd as my local movie theatre plays. Input lag is my main concern

DLP projection is used in most modern theaters. It is also used on very high end home theater projectors. You are mistaken if you think there is something inherently flawed in DLP as a technology. Implementation is everything. I have every kind of generally available consumer tv technology and it all pisses me off. Bad tuner implementation, insufficient color management software, bad color, bad gray, poor blacks, lousy shadow detail. Every technology will leave you wanting when you get it home if you are experienced enough and have a critical eye. I have an 82" DLP in my living room, does it piss me off, yes. But it is by far the best TV in the house. A house with a

32" high end Sharp, ($1500) new, nice TV, poor blacks compared to high end sets today, little or no color management.
28" Hann-G LCD, great little PC monitor everything has to be done through the menu, has grayscale controls and backlight controls, they don't work properly
65" HP DLP-- great TV, not as sharp as the current DLPs.. most people had reliability issues with them but good color, useful color controls. Nice deep blacks
72" Sammy DLP 2008 model, nice set, accurate color but lousy blacks, no iris.

58" Panny Plasma, good value at the time, runs to hot, severe reflections on screen, lousy tuner, very limited ajustment capability. The dithering on a plama can be annoying.

The Panny 37" LED LCD, nice picture dark blacks, the deep blacks are purplish which you will see with a lot of LCDs. In typical Panny fashion lousy tuner and mpeg decoder, and nothing to speak of in adjustability.

I also just tried the 37" LED LG, it won't synch to my PC so that is a deal breaker, great software, tuner and channel management. Murky image. Wh

I won't give details of all the sets I couldn't live with and took back, a low Tosh LCD, a 50" Sammy plasma, a 73" Mits... and several others. If I had know the Mits service menu had the controls to properly set the color I would have kept the Mits.

I am very fussy about color accuracy, if a TV color is not accurate out of the box it should be adjustable. Mits DLPs are not accurate out of the box. Once you get used to accurate color, TVs that over saturated or just plain off will give you the creepy crawlies up your neck.

The Mits sets can be calibrated and they have good blacks, not as black as the best LCDs or Plasmas but good, and they are black, not blue or purple. DLP has nice film like look, no it is not as "pixely" sharp as LCD, but you want to see what the actual director intended not what a particullar technology does. A properly adjusted DLP has a very natural look, and too me personally any display under 65" is only for the smallest rooms, or belongs on a desktop. My 82" set is a dozen inches too small in my opinion, I sit 14 feet away.

post #72 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

100 WOW. How would you say a DLP is for gaming? 2 Things are important to me. Low input lag and PQ. You seem to own a lot so its sounds like you know what your talking about. What about a 55LED LCD oppose to a 37? I wouldn't really consider the panny LED set to be a fair PQ comparison over other sets. What about best vs best? Best DLP vs best LCD?

I don't game. Can't say anthing about lag. A 55" set is okay if you sit 6 feet away. A 37" that is for a desktop or small dorm room. I would use 40 inches on my desk, but even LED-LCD is far too power hungry and makes to much heat to sit 30" away from a dozen hours a day. Frankly to me LCD, whether LED or traditional is really a PC dispaly, the biggest ones are still desktop displays they are just on steroids. If you have high ambient light levels and you need to blast a light cannon, they are good. They make great signs at Wal-mart. LCDs usually don't look as good at home as they do in the store. The one thing about DLP, it looks lousy in the store and in most rooms sensational at home. I would rather be surprised in the pleasant way.

post #73 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have been gaming with XBox 360 and PS3 for over 5 years on the original 65" DLP,73" and now 82". Lag has never been noticed and I believe the large DLPs are the best for gaming and everything else.
post #74 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 View Post

I have been gaming with XBox 360 and PS3 for over 5 years on the original 65" DLP,73" and now 82". Lag has never been noticed and I believe the large DLPs are the best for gaming and everything else.

Thanks for the info. Do you play any FPS games? Can you easily notice lag? Or ate you not sensitive to it.
post #75 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the info. Do you play any FPS games? Can you easily notice lag? Or ate you not sensitive to it.

I've played FPS's with my original 725 for a few years and always did well, MW2 included. No noticeable lag. I haven't tried MW2 with this new set yet, but I popped in Rock Band 2 to check video latency and got 37 ms. Take that for what it's worth.

I agree with the above poster. DLP's always seem to look pitiful in the store. Most are stuck in bright areas which really shows the glare on the Mits' screen. Put it in a nice dark environment and play with the settings a bit and you have a nice HDTV for relatively cheap.

Which brings up my next question. Has anyone found any picture settings on this they like? I've played with them a bit, but I'm not quite there. Sucks that this thing doesn't have PerfectColor.
post #76 of 8859 Old 07-07-2010, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Thank you. 37ms is plenty low enough for me. My room is 100% blacked out. 37 is about half of what I have now. So I'm sure I'd love it. I think I'll take a shot at the 738. That's the set I have been interested most in. Hopefully this can look just as good as my local theatre. There PICTURE is Dolby digital and looks downright amazing. It's like watching a huge blu ray movie. So I hope this works out the way of like.
post #77 of 8859 Old 07-09-2010, 11:10 AM

subscribing....where are you guys purchasing?

I'm looking at the 73838...
post #78 of 8859 Old 07-09-2010, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

same thing I'm looking at. Just wondering about the input lag though. Need some numbers before I pull the trigger.
post #79 of 8859 Old 07-10-2010, 07:39 AM

I've been eyeing the 82837 for about a year now but after going to the movies last night and seeing that almost all previews indicated that most future moives will come out in 3D I'm really thinking that I'll wait for the 82838 to come out so I at least have that technology...

Of course this probably means I'll have to upgrade my brand new reciever...geeesh will technology ever get on the same page
post #80 of 8859 Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofears View Post

I've been eyeing the 82837 for about a year now but after going to the movies last night and seeing that almost all previews indicated that most future moives will come out in 3D I'm really thinking that I'll wait for the 82838 to come out so I at least have that technology...

Of course this probably means I'll have to upgrade my brand new reciever...geeesh will technology ever get on the same page

The 82837 with the Mits 3D adapter for $99 should do about the same as the 82838 and I would think you can get a 82837 for a lot less money than the $99 compared to the new 82838.

I have a 65837 and with my Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player and Xpand 102 DLP link 3D glasses it looks amazing in 3D.

Mike T
post #81 of 8859 Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardmountain View Post

subscribing....where are you guys purchasing?

I'm looking at the 73838...

Yep. Me too, but I won't be purchasing until I get to my winter place in October. The 73838 is high on my list of potentials for my media room.

JukeBox360 - I'm no gamer so lag time means little to me. You made some comment earlier about color quality. Ummm, here's what I did recently through the service menu of my Samsung HL67A750 with my enthusiast equipment. The 838 Mits ISF modes might even be better. Don't knock DLPs. They're fantastic and by far the greatest bargain in large screen, HD, 3D, TV - period!

Buzz
LL

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #82 of 8859 Old 07-10-2010, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

Yep. Me too, but I won't be purchasing until I get to my winter place in October. The 73838 is high on my list of potentials for my media room.

JukeBox360 - I'm no gamer so lag time means little to me. You made some comment earlier about color quality. Ummm, here's what I did recently through the service menu of my Samsung HL67A750 with my enthusiast equipment. The 838 Mits ISF modes might even be better. Don't knock DLPs. They're fantastic and by far the greatest bargain in large screen, HD, 3D, TV - period!

Buzz

Oh wow. Very nice! I think I'm going to pass on using this set for gaming. Or any set for that matter and just stick with my monitor for gaming. So now. I'm wondering how this set will do for sports? I already figured it'd be beautiful for gaming. But what about sports? Regular tv? NFL being the only spot I watch.
post #83 of 8859 Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtallent View Post

The 82837 with the Mits 3D adapter for $99 should do about the same as the 82838 and I would think you can get a 82837 for a lot less money than the $99 compared to the new 82838.

I have a 65837 and with my Panasonic 3D Blu-Ray player and Xpand 102 DLP link 3D glasses it looks amazing in 3D.

Mike T

There are additional new features besides the native SbS 3D format (combined with a GHDP allows for the only DirecTV 3D experience on a Mitsubishi since 6-11-10) and upcoming native Frame Packing format support:

1. Stream TV - App service providers consist of Vudu movies, Pandora, Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Twitter, Associated Press, The New York Times, among others (738/838 series).

2. Integrated wireless Internet, which allows for seamless connectivity to wireless home networks (738/838 series).

3. Bluetooth audio streaming that wirelessly streams audio from any Bluetooth A2DP device (such as an iPod Touch/iPhone or BlackBerry) (838 series only).

4. 16-speaker integrated Immersive Sound system that delivers a Dolby Digital 5.1 surround experience (838 series only).

5. Updated internal componenets.

I have the 73738 and have been enjoying 3D content via DirecTV since 6-12-10 using the Gefen HDMI Detective Plus (thanks for the idea Casey Bryson) to trick the receiver into thinking it is a Samsung 3D TV (supported EDID as D* only supports the 3DA-1 adapter for Mits TVs which hasn't shipped yet as of today).

In addition, 3D gaming on a PC from an ATI HD 4670 via an HDMI cable is also possible using the free iZ3D driver. I have been enjoying Flight SIm X in 3D.

3D gaming on a PS3 or XBox 360 is only available if the game outputs in checkerboard format (Avatar for example) since the adapter is not available yet. As stated in other posts, if the developer did not put this option in their 3D game (Wipeout 3D for example), you will need the 3DA-1 adapter for the frame packed format input conversion to checkerboard or you can wait until the upcoming software upgrade allows native frame packing to checkerboard conversion (like SbS out of the box) and hope that Sony adds the 738/838 EDIDs to their supported list. If they don't, you'll need a Gefen to trick it just like you need it for D* without the adapter.

Lastly, 3D Blu Ray is available via a Pansonic 300 or 350 player which outputs in checkerboard format. When the PS3 does their firmware upgrade to 3D Blu Ray, you will need the 3DA-1 adapter or the upcoming software upgrade if Sony adds the 738/838 EDIDs or the upgrade and a Gefen if they don't.

So for 3D, the only advantage I can see by getting a 738/838 series TV is that you could get 3D content via D* since 6-11-10 and in the future, won't need to be tied down to getting a Panasonic 3DBD. However, the Gefen required to get this is the same price as the 3DA-1 adapter. Clearly, this option is only for early adopters. Without this setup, Mitsubishi owners missed out on the World Cup, Brickyard 400 and the MLB Home Run Derby/All Star Game in 3D (next week). Once the adapter comes out, unless you have to have one of the items listed above (Stream TV, etc.), a 737 series should be just fine to view 3D content.

If Mitsubishi doesn't do the software upgrade before or when Sony does their PS3 3DBD firmware upgrade I'll break down and get the 3DA-1. The $99 will be a small price to pay to watch 3DBD movies at home (Avatar in November for example).
post #84 of 8859 Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 AM

JukeBox,

Go to a store that has the 738 and/or 838's on display and ask the salesmen to play sports content for you. I know Paul's TV stores are carrying them and I am sure other larger chains now have them as well.

I know the new 73" units look very nice! I haven't been able to find a new 82" however...
post #85 of 8859 Old 07-11-2010, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofears View Post

JukeBox,

Go to a store that has the 738 and/or 838's on display and ask the salesmen to play sports content for you. I know Paul's TV stores are carrying them and I am sure other larger chains now have them as well.

I know the new 73" units look very nice! I haven't been able to find a new 82" however...

My store has the 73737. It's freaking huge. I think I'm going to bring in some blu ray content and see how i like it.
post #86 of 8859 Old 07-11-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:

Chassis depth isn't an issue to me at all. As I've said before. I've considered it before due to huge picture and cheap price. I black out my room for my tv any way. Weather its LCD or plasma. Room is always dark. Yes. You own an LCD. But I do wonder how nice of an LCD It really is. Unless it's a Sammy 8500/Sony909/LG8500 then your really not giving led a fair chance. These are the tvs I need a fair comparison due. Due to amazingly beautiful picture. I can assure you. Show me a DLP tv that can produce a picture quality that's on par with it. Then I'll be all over it. Cheaper price. Bigger set? What would be there to lose? Also, input lag has to be very low. Like. 30 or less ms low.

I guess from reading your posts it seems to me that you speak in absolutes and that your mind is already made up. You don't ask if... you say what is. So at this point you are coming off as an LCD fanboi who is trolling a DLP thread.
post #87 of 8859 Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:

I am really getting tired of your posts. Do you have a DLP? Have you ever had an 837 or 838 series Mits DLP?

I have an 82" and play PS3 games on it all the time. I also play Wii games on it. No issues whatsoever with lag.

Please... We don't want you in the DLP community. So stop posting in our forum and go watch Girls Gone Wild on your fabulous LED LCD.
post #88 of 8859 Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

I guess from reading your posts it seems to me that you speak in absolutes and that your mind is already made up. You don't ask if... you say what is. So at this point you are coming off as an LCD fanboi who is trolling a DLP thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsman View Post

I am really getting tired of your posts. Do you have a DLP? Have you ever had an 837 or 838 series Mits DLP?

I have an 82" and play PS3 games on it all the time. I also play Wii games on it. No issues whatsoever with lag.

Please... We don't want you in the DLP community. So stop posting in our forum and go watch Girls Gone Wild on your fabulous LED LCD.

Ask yourself one question. DO I GIVE A SH1T? No. I came to this thread considering a 73738. Don't like what I have to say? Then don't read it smart one. Otherwise take your time to cry to someone else.
post #89 of 8859 Old 07-12-2010, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone compare the new 2010 color and ability to get it "close" with calibration vs. the 2008 (which my 73", while pretty, just cannot get the colors right).

Is it the same lamp/module from the 2008?
post #90 of 8859 Old 07-12-2010, 09:07 AM

Does anyone have any idea when the wd-73838 is going to ship. Mitsubishi is upgrading my old 73 inch due the the light engine issue. My local store has pre-ordered the tv for me but have no idea when it will arrive.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page