2010 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (738/838 series) - Page 301 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 48Likes
post #9001 of 9005 Old Today, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
That really does look like an OEM. Did you already receive it and does it appear to actually be OEM? They show one for my 73736 (915B403001) and although I don't need one now if I knew it was really an OEM Mits lamp and housing for $90 shipped I'd have to order one.
Please post back your results. Thanks!

Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by esatchel View Post
It says it will be here Saturday...I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

Guess esatchel has left the building...........err.........forum.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9002 of 9005 Old Today, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
It makes more sense if you get the spare lamps for free under the warranty period.

Well, if they were free under warranty, they wouldn't be spares, would they? Mitsubishi requires that one send them the failed warrantied lamp in order to get a free one, so no "spare" involved. If you were referring to an extended warranty*, well that isn't free either, because it was figured into the price of the warranty.

*extended warranties really aren't warranties, but are insurance policies. You are betting money that the product will fail, they are betting that most won't, that's why they are in business. It's such a lucrative business because the odds overwhelmingly favor the warranty company, and because of that, it should make one reconsider the validity of spending money on the warranty, IMO.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #9003 of 9005 Old Today, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Well, if they were free under warranty, they wouldn't be spares, would they? Mitsubishi requires that one send them the failed warrantied lamp in order to get a free one, so no "spare" involved. If you were referring to an extended warranty*, well that isn't free either, because it was figured into the price of the warranty.

*extended warranties really aren't warranties, but are insurance policies. You are betting money that the product will fail, they are betting that most won't, that's why they are in business. It's such a lucrative business because the odds overwhelmingly favor the warranty company, and because of that, it should make one reconsider the validity of spending money on the warranty, IMO.
I give up

lujan
771 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
7 DVD
post #9004 of 9005 Old Today, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone. Over the weekend a water bottle found its way into my 737378 model... as in it made a giant hole on the screen. Is there a way to order a new screen?

Better yet is there ANY place left were i can buy the 92840 92 inch tv?
post #9005 of 9005 Unread Today, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
Guess esatchel has left the building...........err.........forum.

Ed
sorry....it does look like an OEM to me....see pics

https://plus.google.com/106285849006...ts/AmomUHZE9Jr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page