2010 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (738/838 series) - Page 302 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 54Likes

Old Today, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post
Are you positive that you followed the correct procedure to delete the inputs?
First, thanks for the reply, and second, thanks for the link to the full copy of the manual. I didn't realize the one I've been searching is called the "Basic" users guide.

I can say that sometime during the last five years I have certainly not done it right. That said, if you follow this procedure and disconnect the device before deleting the input, then the input becomes greyed out and you can't select it for deletion. I have an old HTPC greyed out on HDMI 2 and another old device on Component 2. Possibly if you disconnect the input with the TV on, and then delete the device before turning it off it might work.

In any case I tried deleting my existing AVR - without disconnecting it - then shutting the set down and have it rediscover. After I did that all the 'phantom' AVRs were gone. I still have a greyed out HTPC and Wii, but I can live with that.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcleod View Post
First, thanks for the reply, and second, thanks for the link to the full copy of the manual. I didn't realize the one I've been searching is called the "Basic" users guide.

I can say that sometime during the last five years I have certainly not done it right. That said, if you follow this procedure and disconnect the device before deleting the input, then the input becomes greyed out and you can't select it for deletion. I have an old HTPC greyed out on HDMI 2 and another old device on Component 2. Possibly if you disconnect the input with the TV on, and then delete the device before turning it off it might work.

In any case I tried deleting my existing AVR - without disconnecting it - then shutting the set down and have it rediscover. After I did that all the 'phantom' AVRs were gone. I still have a greyed out HTPC and Wii, but I can live with that.

Thanks for your help!

YW

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Sponsored Links
Advertisement