Very nice budget stand for 65" and 73" DLPs. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2010, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very impressed with this one now that I have it set up; a lot of thought went into its design and execution, even though it's a simple concept.

OmniMount Echo 63

$175 shipped from Amazon (if you have a Prime membership, it's $3.99 for next-day delivery):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Width: 63 inches
Depth: 15.5 inches
Height: 17.3 inches

150-pound weight limit on top shelf, 80-pound limit on bottom shelf.

The (textured) finish color is considerably darker than shown in the above Amazon picture. See my picture below for a more accurate representation of the color.

Innovative cable routing system on back. They give you about 10 of the plastic snap-in cable-holding pieces. They're about 8 inches long. The inset groove runs around all 4 sides on the back of the unit.

I unpacked it by myself and had it assembled in about 10 minutes. The only tool required is an allen wrench, which is included. As a nice touch, the parts are packed in the box in the order you need for assembly, so you can start building without having to remove everything from the box. When you're done, you've built it upside down, so just flip it over and you're off to the races.

They made the feet just right. The black plastic pads that slip into the metal feet are perfectly contoured so that the stand slides like a dream. Even with all my equipment and TV on the stand it is very easy to move by myself.

The unit is simple, but very sturdy.

Here is a picture of my Mitsubishi 73WC9 on top of the stand. The wings of the TV extend beyond the width of the stand by approximately one inch on either side; an almost perfect fit.

"But I want to do community service; I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel." - Hudson Hawk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-31-2010, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looks nice, but not enough room for me. I wont stack components on top of each other because they need the air flow and will overheat otherwise.

$175.00 seems like a lot... Is it real wood?
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page