Toshiba DLP no picture problem. Help!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-26-2010, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Toshiba 52HM84 has no picture but only sound. Looking at the LED code; the Red is on and no green blinking or anything.. Just like the TV is normally ON. Last night while watching a show intermittently I heard some pop/click/tick sound and the picture was gone. Just after that, the LED showed green flashing at 1 sec interval with RED ON, but after few seconds it was just RED ON and no GREEN (like normal TV ON). So I switched OFF the TV and waited few minutes and turned it back ON, but still the same thing,. No picture only sound, with RED ON and no GREEN. I searched different forums to see if this was lamp issue, but people suggest lamp issue when the GREEN is blinking, but that is not my case. Please help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
EG3

Liked: 17
I would pull the lamp out and inspect it. You should be able to tell if it is blown.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-03-2010, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanx for the reply.

So I do see the lamp to be blown. Can anybody suggest which brand of lamp (TB25-lmp--23311083) is better for a replacement. I am searching online with various brands from Osram, Ushio, Phoenix(SHP), Phillips and DNGO. Some even sell as Toshiba branded (but toshiba doesn't make these lamps) so I am all so confused with what brand to buy. Many just mention OEM equivalent/OEM replacement. The reason for so much worries is because I've read on this forum from many people complaining their bulbs blowing in few months of usage.

Also, can somebody suggest some trusted website to order from, someone who honors their warranty with less hassles. And, what price range to expect.

Any help would be appreciated.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-04-2010, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Bump
post #5 of 5 Old 10-05-2010, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I would try mcmelectronics. Never ordered a lamp from them, but I am a long time customer and noticed they carry a good variety. I would expect them to have a decent warranty, but check the details to be sure. Oh, and I believe the Philips lamps are believed to be the best quality, most reliable.

bg
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page