The Defective Mitsubishi DLP TV Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #361 of 362 Unread Today, 10:52 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Stumbled on this thread while looking for info on straightening the tilt of my Mistubishi WD-62627 display (turned out to be VERY easy to do - just need to review the adjustments section of the service manual). But I read the last few pages of the thread and saw so many discussions about bad replacement lamps I thought I would just add my experience - it has been generally good.

I bought the TV somewhere back in 2006 - first lamp died in a few moths and was replaced under warranty. Didn't really use the TV all that much for the next 3 years, but then I moved and it became our primary TV - the Mitsubishi replacement lamp (marked Osram) worked fine for another two years after that rough move, but then the TV quit working without any specific failure notification. I bought a new cheapo replacement on Amazon - the lamp was about $20 and is advertised as "High Quality AuraBeam Replacement Bulb" sold by Exclusive Bulbs. While the plug alignment on the lamp housing was just slightly off from the original, causing me to need to fiddle with it for a while to get it properly inserted and locked down, that lamp has worked perfectly for me for over 5,000 hours. Even though I do not yet need another, I think I will order one just to compare the brightness against a new one. After all, $20 is a pretty low cost to have a backup lamp available. You can find my full review of this lamp on Amazon as user "Mauser".
Sponsored Links
post #362 of 362 Unread Today, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4129 Post(s)
Liked: 2838

OK, you talked me into it...since I've been needing a new bulb for a while now, I ordered the AuraBeam.

Never had good luck with aftermarket bulbs...I will report back.
Sponsored Links
Reply Rear Projection Units