The Defective Mitsubishi DLP TV Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 238 Old 05-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Newbie
 
TDonovan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Add my WD-65733 to the list of bad light engines. Purchased the set in 5/07 and replaced the light engine in 7/10. And now this light engine is failing. MItsubishi does not want to admit they have issues with these DMD chips. Yet Samsung owned up to it right away. Mitsubishi's solution: offer me a new set at a laughable discount. But not the obvious solution of replacing the DMD chip or the Light Engine. What are my options for advancing this up to someone beyond the call center rep? Is there even a US rep I can speak with? How can they ignore this issue so blantanly when it's all over the interwebs? Mitsubishi's lack of customer service boggles my mind.
TDonovan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 238 Old 05-10-2011, 04:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:


Well, that's what happened...he replaced it in the field...Real nice guy, took it apart, took out the chip from within the LE, and replaced with a new chip...I took a couple of pics I'll have to upload later...

Now that's a first. At least, it's the 1st time I saw it reported here. Mits must of changed their policy unless this is not thru Mits.
Quote:


I've noticed when the credits roll (movie or tv) and the screen goes all black, it looks like the screen has been paint brushed..I know that sounds weird, but its like a lot of swatches all over the screen...weird

Screen shot? Sounds as it was either a bad 'DMD or it got damaged.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #93 of 238 Old 05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Member
 
rrj_gamz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Now that's a first. At least, it's the 1st time I saw it reported here. Mits must of changed their policy unless this is not thru Mits.Screen shot? Sounds as it was either a bad 'DMD or it got damaged.

The warranty (via Fry's) work was done thru a Mitsu authorized service company. Mitsu CS gave me their name before I knew I had the warranty so I guess its a new policy...

I'll try for the screen shot on the paint brush effect when I upload the chip pics...

My tv was mfg'd in 8/07 so I think there is a bad batch of chips around the months prior and after that...
rrj_gamz is offline  
post #94 of 238 Old 06-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Newbie
 
skipm123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Mitsubishi WD-C657 (65" DLP HDTV). It too has WHITE DOTS all over the screen.

I bought my WD-C657 at Costco over 3 and a half years ago.

When I noticed the WHITE DOT problem, I called Costco, and the Costco rep got a rep from Mitsubishi Consumer Relations on the line.

Mitsubishi requested I provide two things to them before they would consider doing anything for me:

1. Proof of purchase
2. A repair estimate from a local repair service provided to me by Mitsubishi.

The repair estimate was $959, $200 of which was for labor.

Within a couple of days of faxing the above, Mitsubishi called with an "offer";
for the cost of the repairs ($1030) I could have my WD-C657 replaced by a new Mitsubishi WD-65738 (a 65" 3D DLP HDTV). I had 30 days to consider their offer.

I didn't like the offer because I found I could buy a WD-65738 for less! So the offer wasn't really an offer at all.

I started searching the Internet for a new BIG SCREEN TV, an LED LCD HDTV.

Three days later (today) I got a second call from Mitsubishi Consumer Relations offering to repair my current WD-C657 for just the cost of labor ($200). I gladly accepted.

Now I'm waiting for my TV to be repaired.

PS. If it weren't for the second call from Mitsubishi today offering to repair my TV for the cost of the labor, I would have nothing but bad things to say about Mitsubishi.

And, by the way, my first LAMP died 13 months after originally purchasing my WD-C657.
skipm123 is offline  
post #95 of 238 Old 06-24-2011, 08:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Manufactures surprise you sometimes.

Welcome to the forums.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #96 of 238 Old 06-26-2011, 07:06 AM
Newbie
 
redborja202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well, my thread is not getting much love here so i'll ask you guys here.

i have a mistubishi wd-65733. when i turn my tv on, its fine. 5 minutes later, it looks like youre looking at it through a layer of fog/smoke. (i heard its called blooming?)

im assuming its a bad light engine. my buddy told me if the lenses are dirty, then it would be foggy all the time...

time for a new light engine?
redborja202 is offline  
post #97 of 238 Old 06-26-2011, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
when i turn my tv on, its fine. 5 minutes later, it looks like youre looking at it through a layer of fog/smoke. (i heard its called blooming?)
im assuming its a bad light engine.

Yes and no. Just a cloudy inner lens;
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=lens

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #98 of 238 Old 06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Newbie
 
redborja202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Yes and no. Just a cloudy inner lens;
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...highlight=lens
yeah. i took it apart and the lenses are clean.

if the lenses are dirty, wouldnt the picture be always blurry? even when i first turn it on?
redborja202 is offline  
post #99 of 238 Old 06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
imjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We bought our 60in in November 2009. Cost was under $800 and the extension of the warranty to 5 years was very inexpensive.

We put maybe 3hrs avg daily use and it is working very well. I'm comfortable with the 5 yr warranty - total out-of-pocket with the warranty was under $ 900 and over 5 years that's just $ 180 per year or only about $15 per month and I am, without question, getting my "money's worth" out of this set.

I've already gotten my money's worth out of the projector I bought 4 years ago and will willingly buy a new one when this one goes dark. How can you NOT replace a gadget that gives you a 120in "at the movies" experience.

Back To The Point - We're very happy with our Mits RPTV DLP 60in television.
imjay is offline  
post #100 of 238 Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Member
 
killashandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wondering if this is still a problem with current generation DLP sets (XX838's xx837's etc) for the mirror issues?

I'm having this problem with my samsung HLT7288W (purch 6/1/2007) which I am looking to get fixed up, but am really wooed by the 92840, however this problem if it's indicative of poor engineering design (cooling) and dlp chips it may not be worth it. $4K+ is way too much for a set that can't last at least 7 years.
killashandra is offline  
post #101 of 238 Old 07-22-2011, 05:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
1. Nothing lasts forever especially cheap, mass produced 'stuff' made in China (or in Mits case, Mexico).
2. You always hear about the problem, especially over the Internet, rarely about the good.
3. This latest issue about bad chips is relatively new with Mits, Sammy had it's problems in the past, but their LED driven set was probably the best. Pure stupidly they disco'ed it.
5. As far as paying $4k and not lasting, others paid more for less time with other equipment. See point #1.

DLP's still do a better job with non HD material and are far 'greener' that flat panel space heaters.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #102 of 238 Old 07-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Member
 
74f100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chesterfield, VA
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:


1. Nothing lasts forever especially cheap, mass produced 'stuff' made in China (or in Mits case, Mexico)

Take a look at most of the TV market right now, most will have made in Mexico.

The parts will be shipped to assembly plants in Mexico, then imported duty free to the US.

I stopped looking, but I'm pretty sure even Samsung is doing this (someone look, I don't have a Samsung in my house right now).

Jim
74f100 is offline  
post #103 of 238 Old 07-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Member
 
killashandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, got the dmd replaced so that's good. As for this 'expectation' that something for that kind of money is considered throw-away for a short period of time (<10 years) all that tells me is that marketing departments have succeeded. Been in the computer/electronic business (corporate/enterprise) for 40 years and I've /never/ seen that expectation anywhere else. Heck 5 years is a minimum requirement, most items (all mass produced) last well beyond that and in operation 24/7/365 in some pretty bad environments (dirty, hot, etc).

Can't fix that though without being named dictator.

Looks like I'll keep my eye on the 92840, still not out in the stores anywhere around me.
killashandra is offline  
post #104 of 238 Old 08-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Newbie
 
Sherwoodator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We bought our WD65734 used off Craigslist and is less than 4 years old. Earlier this year, it started to show the white dot problem. I called Mitsubishi about it and they told me to take it to their servicer and get a prognosis and estimate. Sure enough, it was the light engine. Mitsubishi called said they would sell me a new TV at cost but not shipping or I could repair the old one. I blew up on them and told them of these forums and how a TV that is only 3 and a half years old should not have a $1,500 repair bill so early in its life. After a little bit of haggling, they agreed to pay for the part and I pay for the labor. I agreed. 2 and a half months later, I got my TV back. The part was delayed several times making me very mad but in the long run, I am happy that they ponied up and did the right thing. They also threw in a one year warranty on the part because it took so long. Overall, I am happy after a bit of frustration.
Sherwoodator is offline  
post #105 of 238 Old 08-12-2011, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Augerhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoodator View Post
We bought our WD65734 used off Craigslist and is less than 4 years old. Earlier this year, it started to show the white dot problem. I called Mitsubishi about it and they told me to take it to their servicer and get a prognosis and estimate. Sure enough, it was the light engine. Mitsubishi called said they would sell me a new TV at cost but not shipping or I could repair the old one. I blew up on them and told them of these forums and how a TV that is only 3 and a half years old should not have a $1,500 repair bill so early in its life. After a little bit of haggling, they agreed to pay for the part and I pay for the labor. I agreed. 2 and a half months later, I got my TV back. The part was delayed several times making me very mad but in the long run, I am happy that they ponied up and did the right thing. They also threw in a one year warranty on the part because it took so long. Overall, I am happy after a bit of frustration.
Mitsubishi fixed a 4 year old used TV. Kudos to Mitsubishi, and you should be ashamed.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
 
Augerhandle is offline  
post #106 of 238 Old 08-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Newbie
 
Sherwoodator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Mitsubishi fixed a 4 year old used TV. Kudos to Mitsubishi, and you should be ashamed.

I should be ashamed of WHAT? Demanding a quality product free of major repairs inside 5 years of its life? A TV less than 4 years old with a repair price tag of just shy of $1,500 when the TV is $2,000 brand new and I should be ashamed? Your funny.
Hey, you can throw your money away on inferior products and not say a peep but I'm not going to sit back while my hard earned money is buying a TV that cant last 4 years without a major repair. I dont care if its used or not. A $2000 TV should not die in less than 4 years.
I am dying to know why you think I should be ashamed. I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.
Sherwoodator is offline  
post #107 of 238 Old 08-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Newbie
 
Jayne65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Kevin disconnected his number.....tells you right there that there are a whole lot of us unhappy customers.
Jayne65 is offline  
post #108 of 238 Old 08-19-2011, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Augerhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne65 View Post

Kevin disconnected his number.....tells you right there that there are a whole lot of us unhappy customers.

It wasn't Kevin's number. He posted an inside track to Mitsubishi, bypassing their screening process, which is in place to screen the Joe Consumers who didn't read the manual, forgot to plug the TV in, or otherwise just don't get it. It was obviously abused enough to be changed.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
 
Augerhandle is offline  
post #109 of 238 Old 08-20-2011, 05:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
But, there are a whole lot more that are satisfied.

Those don't post since there is no reason to.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #110 of 238 Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Newbie
 
waynegrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh I'm glad i'm not the only one with this issue.

I'm returning to these forums seeking help and it appears I found it. I too have this issue and I can already give you a history of problems that I came across with this ridiculous DLP. Boy, do I regret buying it on "Sale" at my local Frys .

Here's my story if anyone cares.

In August of 2007, i bought me a WD-65734. I want to give it about 6month to 9 months before I started getting issues which I posted here looking for help. The TV would turn off after 5-10 minutes of being turned on, after maybe one or two cycles of this, it would stay on without a problem. Was irritating, so after putting up with it for 2-years I decided to use my warranty. (had 3 year warranty thru Frys). I ended up cashing in on getting my replacement bulb thinking that was my problem. Least thats what Frys thought it was too. It didn't work, and my tv kept turning off. Frys then referred me to a local service tech, who ended up making 2 visits to my house to finally determine it was some "thermal sensor" that made the tv turn off. Other than that, I have no other real info on what exactly was fixed. Unfortunately the invoice I still have doesn't have any additional info.

Fast forward 2 more years, and I started to get the infamous white dots. Well, here I am today, after about 2 months of my first dot, it has multiplied to nearly my entire tv. Reminds me of the movie Outbreak for some reason. Reading some of these posts is very discouraging, and I hope I have good luck with Mits rep. Although I'm seriously to the point on this DLP that I wouldn't mind tossing it to the street or putting it on craigslist for $.99. I really just want to get rid of this curse TV and melt it down or recycle it.

Anyways, its sad to see that this DLP only lasted 4 years with numerous problems. Now I'm in a market for a new TV and I don't have a clue what I want or more like afraid to run into this kind of same practice in the industry

/cheers
waynegrow is offline  
post #111 of 238 Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Augerhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegrow View Post

Oh I'm glad i'm not the only one with this issue.

I'm returning to these forums seeking help and it appears I found it. I too have this issue and I can already give you a history of problems that I came across with this ridiculous DLP. Boy, do I regret buying it on "Sale" at my local Frys .

Here's my story if anyone cares.

In August of 2007, i bought me a WD-65734. I want to give it about 6month to 9 months before I started getting issues which I posted here looking for help. The TV would turn off after 5-10 minutes of being turned on, after maybe one or two cycles of this, it would stay on without a problem. Was irritating, so after putting up with it for 2-years I decided to use my warranty. (had 3 year warranty thru Frys). I ended up cashing in on getting my replacement bulb thinking that was my problem. Least thats what Frys thought it was too. It didn't work, and my tv kept turning off. Frys then referred me to a local service tech, who ended up making 2 visits to my house to finally determine it was some "thermal sensor" that made the tv turn off. Other than that, I have no other real info on what exactly was fixed. Unfortunately the invoice I still have doesn't have any additional info.

Fast forward 2 more years, and I started to get the infamous white dots. Well, here I am today, after about 2 months of my first dot, it has multiplied to nearly my entire tv. Reminds me of the movie Outbreak for some reason. Reading some of these posts is very discouraging, and I hope I have good luck with Mits rep. Although I'm seriously to the point on this DLP that I wouldn't mind tossing it to the street or putting it on craigslist for $.99. I really just want to get rid of this curse TV and melt it down or recycle it.

Anyways, its sad to see that this DLP only lasted 4 years with numerous problems. Now I'm in a market for a new TV and I don't have a clue what I want or more like afraid to run into this kind of same practice in the industry

/cheers

Try going through the maze at Mits service again. Be patient, polite, and be firm. They may surprise you, even with the TV being four years old and out of warranty.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
 
Augerhandle is offline  
post #112 of 238 Old 08-23-2011, 04:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
waynegrow;
1. Why did you wait to fix the original problem? That's not their fault,
2. The thermal sensor is a known issue that Mits covers out of warrenty,
3. The "white dot" issue is newm cropping up in the past year or so,
Quote:


Now I'm in a market for a new TV and I don't have a clue what I want or more like afraid to run into this kind of same practice in the industry

Welcome to the world of the CEA (consumer electronics).

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #113 of 238 Old 08-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Newbie
 
waynegrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

waynegrow;
1. Why did you wait to fix the original problem? That's not their fault,
2. The thermal sensor is a known issue that Mits covers out of warrenty,
3. The "white dot" issue is newm cropping up in the past year or so,
Welcome to the world of the CEA (consumer electronics).

To your first point, i didn't exactly wait, I repoted my issue to Frys who had the warranty, they told me the extend of the coverage was 1 bulb. This was through some searching around that made me believe it was the bulb. Reason I waited was to get it towards the end of my warranty. Don't ask me why, guess I felt I could extend the life further if I waited. Turns out it wasn't the bulb at all but the thermal sensor, no big issue, it was still fixed within warranty. So all that was good, it was fixed, had a new bulb and everything was A-OK. Until the white dots started to pop up.

I haven't called Mits yet, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm to the point where nothing but a straight - free - fix will make me accept any offers.
waynegrow is offline  
post #114 of 238 Old 08-24-2011, 05:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I doubt it will be "free".

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #115 of 238 Old 08-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Newbie
 
Sherwoodator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegrow View Post

To your first point, i didn't exactly wait, I repoted my issue to Frys who had the warranty, they told me the extend of the coverage was 1 bulb. This was through some searching around that made me believe it was the bulb. Reason I waited was to get it towards the end of my warranty. Don't ask me why, guess I felt I could extend the life further if I waited. Turns out it wasn't the bulb at all but the thermal sensor, no big issue, it was still fixed within warranty. So all that was good, it was fixed, had a new bulb and everything was A-OK. Until the white dots started to pop up.

I haven't called Mits yet, but as I mentioned earlier, I'm to the point where nothing but a straight - free - fix will make me accept any offers.

Their pretty easy to get whats fair but be prepared to be offered with a deal that will make you want to slap them right through the phone. You just have to be very firm, demanding and upset. When they did that to me, I told them about these forums and others that I belong too and know what everybody else is getting. Dont back down. They told me they would sell me a TV for $1,500 when their TVs go for less. They gave me another offer for a couple hundred bucks less and I quickly said no way. They finally came back and said they would pay for the part and I pay for the labor. I had no problem with that as paying $300 is much closer to an expected price to pay for a fix on a TV that is 3 1/2 years old. The part was $1000.
Dont feel "ashamed" by demanding the right thing as a certain person on these boards thinks you should feel. Tell them about these boards and what others are getting and these boards can spread a lot of word about their handling of this problem. But be prepared to wait a while. Supposedly there is quite a back order on the light engines. My TV was in the shop for 2 1/2 months before the light engine came in.
Guess there's a good reason why Mitsubishi is at or near the bottom of the list on Consumers Reports for repair history.
Sherwoodator is offline  
post #116 of 238 Old 08-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Member
 
Cleverland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
2. The thermal sensor is a known issue that Mits covers out of warrenty,

Is this an issue that causes the TV to shut down and give a bad bulb error code? I have a wd 73833 and replaced the bulb twice now (last time about 4 months ago) and just started having the problem with the shutdown and error code. I wait for the time out and then turn it back on it then it works fine for several days??? Oh and I just got my first white dot a couple days ago!!! :-(
Cleverland is offline  
post #117 of 238 Old 08-25-2011, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Augerhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
At least Mitsubishi takes care of their customers. All of these other RPTV makers had to be sued to get them to fix their TVs.


RPTV class action lawsuits and settlements in alphabetical order:

Hitachi http://www.angelreyesblog.com/2008/0...iled-by-horpb/
JVC http://www.topclassactions.com/open/...uit-settlement
Samsung http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsu...amsung-dlp-tvs-
Sony http://esupport.sony.com/docs/350799...s_Notice_2.pdf
Toshiba http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/03/class-action-se/

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
 
Augerhandle is offline  
post #118 of 238 Old 08-25-2011, 08:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 14,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:


Is this an issue that causes the TV to shut down and give a bad bulb error code?

1. Possibly/Probably,
2. It's a lamp, not a bulb.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
videobruce is offline  
post #119 of 238 Old 08-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Newbie
 
GreyFox46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also have a white dots problem on a MIT 65733 that is about 3 years old with no extended warranty. I also feel that a tv should last more then 3 years without a massive repair bill! A small repair bill, yes, but NOT a thousand dollar bill! Obviously, I will have to junk the TV. As far as working with Mitsubishi ... ha! what a joke! It is obvious that they are not interested in doing the right thing and it is like pulling teeth to get them to do anything... and I love the way they pretend to be surprised that there even exists a "white dot" problem. There will be NO mitsubishi products in THIS family and I have no problem convincing others to buy anything else but Mitsubishi!
GreyFox46 is offline  
post #120 of 238 Old 08-27-2011, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Augerhandle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox46 View Post

I also have a white dots problem on a MIT 65733 that is about 3 years old with no extended warranty. I also feel that a tv should last more then 3 years without a massive repair bill! A small repair bill, yes, but NOT a thousand dollar bill! Obviously, I will have to junk the TV. As far as working with Mitsubishi ... ha! what a joke! It is obvious that they are not interested in doing the right thing and it is like pulling teeth to get them to do anything... and I love the way they pretend to be surprised that there even exists a "white dot" problem. There will be NO mitsubishi products in THIS family and I have no problem convincing others to buy anything else but Mitsubishi!

They replaced my TV with a bigger, better model, out of warranty. Hang in there, and get escalated to a higher level, to a person who has the authority to take care of you.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
 
Augerhandle is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off