Hi all new here , begging for help on a dim DLP display Mitsubishi 60735 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-28-2010, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope I am posting this in the right place, If not i apologize. I have a mitsubishi wd 60735 DLP TV. I have noticed ever so slightly a decrease in brightness. Its neve been extremely noticeable until today. I turned it on and the picture is incredibly dark. So much so that viewing it in the day time is near impossible. Colors and all still look good but display is just very very dark.

I was thinking this might be a bulb but I'm such a noob I'm not sure. Is there anything else I should be looking at that might cause this. The lamp light has not turned on to indicate any sort of problem. I have just tried turning the brightness all teh way up and it really makes no difference at all. Any help you guys could give me would be so greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-31-2010, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 121
The only thing it should be is the lamp. How many hours on the set? Press Menu, then 2470, do not press enter. Press Exit to exit. It's on the lower left corner in hours.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 11:13 PM

I have a Mitsu WD 60735 and the picture has been progressively dimming over the last few months. I used the menu command and found out I have 5400 hrs on it. Is it certainly the bulb? Are there other cleaning steps to do if/when I replace the bulb?
post #4 of 6 Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 PM

Second question, If it is a bulb, where is the best place for a good price on a good bulb?
post #5 of 6 Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentcd View Post

Second question, If it is a bulb, where is the best place for a good price on a good bulb?

Mits is the best place to get the lamp it will include the housing. As for cleaning vacuum as much dust out as you can, that is supposed to be done periodically.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-16-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentcd View Post
I have a Mitsu WD 60735 and the picture has been progressively dimming over the last few months. I used the menu command and found out I have 5400 hrs on it. Is it certainly the bulb? Are there other cleaning steps to do if/when I replace the bulb?
Nothing in life is certain, but here is some information about bulb life:

Quote:
Most rear projection televisions come with three presets. For example, the some LCD rear projection TVs have three presets Vivid, Standard and Pro. Vivid is the preset the when first taking it out of the box. The "Vivid" setting will lessen the life of the lamp to approximately 3600 hours because it is the brightest setting. The "Standard" setting will extend to about 5300 hours of lamp life and "Pro" will further extend the lamp life to around 8000 hours. No matter what rear projection TV you own, changing the picture setting to normal or standard will lengthen the life of the lamp. Decreasing the contrast setting to around 50% will accomplish the same.
Operating the set at a high elevation can lessen bulb life.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page