PS3 to Mitsubishi WD-60C10: "Invalid Format" errors - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 72 Old 02-06-2011, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd try different cables. I bought three 6' 24AWG High Speed HDMI cables from monoprice.com (for like $15 shipped) and use them between the PS3, the 3D converter, and the TV (Mits 73C10; electrically same as a 73638), and everything works for me. Now, when the PS3 switches modes, I get a "No Signal" or "Invalid Format" in the upper left corner, but it's transient (lasts a second maybe) then it clicks into the proper display mode. But I've been able to do 1080p gaming and BD, and had no issues with 3D frame-packed 720p@60 games, and 3D frame-packed 1080p@24 BD.

For less than $15, you can try quality cables and see if your problems persists. If so, there could be a different problem? But since I've (essentially) the same TV and use a PS3 (fat, not slim), I know the cables from monoprice work great for me.

Mike W.

PS: I've had the "no audio" thing happen one time when using the PS3, and wasn't sure if it was because I enabled 3D mode on the TV at the same time that the PS3 was changing display modes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 Old 02-24-2011, 01:08 PM

I just bought a mitsubishi wd-65638 and get the same invalid format when loading a game or movie, Mitsubishi gave me the run around for 8 weeks and even sent someone to repair and replace the brain of the tv, but i still have the same issues, I got the run around for so long that i am stuck with the tv. I do get around the problem by switching inputs back to cable then back to ps3 and it works fine, its just getting to be a pain in the butt. I did find out that this is called a handshake issue between the tv and ps3, mitsubishi denies any knowledge, but if you google this issue, it is way to common. It should be solved by a simple software update i would think but nothing yet. If anyone knows anything please help.
post #63 of 72 Old 02-25-2011, 09:51 AM

i tried several different cables, and now have a 1.4a w/ ethernet hdmi cable but still have same problem. i even had my tv replaced and ps3 replaced as well. Still get invalid format, i do have ps3 slim, i wonder if that makes a difference, it doesnt have that problem on all 3 of my other tvs.
post #64 of 72 Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 PM

i have had my tv about a month and have not been able to play blu rays or ps3 games .it keeps saying INVALID INPUT and NO SIGNAL.then it goes to a scrambled screen. so after calling the idiots at playstation and mishubihi who kept blaming it on eachother . took things into my own hands and started playing with the settings .my conclusion is that the tv and ps3 cannot sinc because of the color and 24 hz adjustment on the ps3.to fix issue go into display settings and turn off the deep color output(hdmi) setting .this will allow the ps2 games to work .then go to video settings and turn off 1080 p 24hzs out put (hdmi).dont worry you will still get the great picture and full resoulution.

search key words......mitsubishi,DLP,65" tv, 72" tv, invalid input,no signal,73638
post #65 of 72 Old 03-17-2011, 03:38 PM

i posted the fix man
post #66 of 72 Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 PM

ok, so I got the 73C10 couple weeks ago, and tried connecting my computer to it via HDMI on the video card. When I connected it to the tv I got some strange scrambled picture then "invalid format". I would return the pc to my monitor and connect it via HDMI and it was jacked up there to, reset the resolution and it works again on the computer. I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't display correctly on the tv via HDMI... so after updating everything on the computer, and trying different cables, I'm currently using 1.4 highspeed from monoprice 24awg, I realized I hadn't updated the firmware on the tv yet. After some searching, I found the page for downloads. I went to support dot mitubishi-tv dot com slash documents, and picked my tv.
I did as instructed and updated the firmware on the tv. Now I can see the computer's display perfectly!!! Hope that helps.
post #67 of 72 Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM

I was so damned bummed. Just got my new 65C10 in the mail, hooked up the PS3 with one of three HDMI cables that I bought off of Woot!

NO GO! I was pissed. I did some searching about the 'Invalid Format' issues with the Mitsu tv's and I was mad as hell that I hadn't come across this when I was researching the TV.

I had 2 more cables that I bought recently, 12' HDMI 'high speed' cables. I figured that they were worth a try, so I plugged it in and switched to the HDMI port.

They WORKED!

Now, I'm a software guy. I never expect 'high speed' cables to make any difference, but in this rare instance, apparently they have.

For those of you having this issue with your PS3, try a 'high speed' HDMI cable first. I'll post back if any issues arise further.

Cheers!
post #68 of 72 Old 09-05-2011, 11:31 AM

Mitsubishi recommends you use high-speed HDMI cables when connecting newer HDMI source devices.

HDMI cables are avaiable as standard and high-speed types.

High-Speed HDMI Cables.
Newer DVD players, video games, and set-top boxes require high-speed cables, suitable for clock frequencies up to 340 MHz or data rates of up to 10.2 gigabits per second. Use high-speed cables for high-speed 1080p HD signals carrying extended color encodings (i.e., 30 or more bits, also called Deep Color). High-speed cables are also suitable for standard HDTV signals.

Standard HDMI Cables.
Standard HDMI cables may be unmarked. They are suitable for standard HDTV 720p, 1080i, and 1080p signals with 8-bit color depth. Use standard HDMI cables for clock frequencies up to 74.25 MHz or data rates of up to 2.23 gigabits per second.
post #69 of 72 Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM

Ok I'm going to sheaf a little light on the problem with the PS3 hooking up to the Mitsubishi WD-60c10. Use the #2 hdmi and go into your playstation menu under display settings and make sure you are set up for 1080p. hope this helps you all.
post #70 of 72 Old 10-23-2011, 05:47 PM

Solved the invalid format signal loss issue on Mitsubishi DLP tvs. Strictly for pc. I have attached a screen shot of the steps that need to be taken. The only thing that needs to be changed from the screen shot is the scaling tab only. Click on screen size and position tab on the left hand side of the Nvidia control panel. Then select full screen option on the scaling tab. Then select perform scaling on GPU only. Check override the scaling mode directly underneath. Then select the correct underscan resolution size underneath the check override option:Attachment 226004.I c theres alot of people on here with this problem when gaming with pc's on this tv.Including myself.I've beat my head against the wall for months and then finally figured it out.Whatever you do don't replace your tv that won't solve the problem.This is just some weird scaling problem with these tv's that can be corrected through nvidia control panel with nvidia graphics cards
LL
post #71 of 72 Old 07-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Liked: 15
I know this is old and all but has anyone been able to get this to work and have 24hz? I can scale mine via nvidia control panel but it only gives me the 60hz option.
post #72 of 72 Old 08-10-2012, 11:57 AM

I am having the same issues, however, its a brand new PS3 (bought 08/2012) and its on a LG TV about 4 years old (don't have model number now). So the issue is not just with the WD-60c10. I did have an older PS3 hooked up to this since buying the LG with no issues, I believe the PS3 was an original model, bought when PS3 first came out.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page