Mitsubishi WD-52531 - Exhaust fan failed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought a Mitsubishi WD-52531 in Dec of '06. replaced a lamp a couple years later, after replacing the lamp I would hear shuffling noise then a click (possibly a relay??) but other than the noise the tv worked fine. When that lamp blew i replaced it, no noise for about a month then the same clicking noise. Today the tv shut off and will not turn back on. The lamp still looks good. Status indicator light blinks red= Fan Stop. Checked the error code 42=Exhaust (lamp) Fan Failed. I removed the lamp fan and checked it with 12V battery and it works fine, put it back in the tv, plug it in and fan only runs for about a minute then tv shuts down (red light starts blinking).
Are there other fans to check, i've heard these tvs have a few fans, or is this error code just for the lamp fan. I've read that the clicking noise is from a relay that's turning the fan on and off, maybe because of another bad component. Could it be the ballast went bad? or a capacitor is bad? I looked at the capacitors and they all seem ok, no bulges at the top or leaking.
any help would be appreciated.
thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack500 View Post
Bought a Mitsubishi WD-52531 in Dec of '06. replaced a lamp a couple years later, after replacing the lamp I would hear shuffling noise then a click (possibly a relay??) but other than the noise the tv worked fine. When that lamp blew i replaced it, no noise for about a month then the same clicking noise. Today the tv shut off and will not turn back on. The lamp still looks good. Status indicator light blinks red= Fan Stop. Checked the error code 42=Exhaust (lamp) Fan Failed. I removed the lamp fan and checked it with 12V battery and it works fine, put it back in the tv, plug it in and fan only runs for about a minute then tv shuts down (red light starts blinking).
Are there other fans to check, i've heard these tvs have a few fans, or is this error code just for the lamp fan. I've read that the clicking noise is from a relay that's turning the fan on and off, maybe because of another bad component. Could it be the ballast went bad? or a capacitor is bad? I looked at the capacitors and they all seem ok, no bulges at the top or leaking.
any help would be appreciated.
thank you.
I'm not saying your problem is your lamp, but you can't look at a lamp and tell that it's bad. Sometimes when lamps die they shatter into pieces, sometimes they break inside, and sometimes they don't change at all in appearance. You also can't test them outside the tv because they are arc lamps, and whether good or bad will test open circuit.

All these tvs have several fans, at minimum a lamp fan and a light engine fan. Some have as many as five. You need a service manual, search the internet for a free one.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-25-2011, 06:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

Could it be the ballast went bad?

or it's that thermal sensor that Mits should cover.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Now i replaced the bulb, still didn't work. then i replaced the balast. TV is still doing the same thing. plug it in and can hear the fan run for a few seconds, then it stops and the blinking green light for about a minute. then the red light starts blinking.
video bruce, you said the thermal sensor? where is that located?
thanks
post #5 of 7 Old 02-08-2011, 05:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Take a look at the link on Lens cleaning at the bottom of the 4th post in the sticky thread on repairing TV's in this sub forum. I believe it is in there somewhere.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
post #6 of 7 Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your help videobruce. I found the thermostat, but mine is part number UI2 uchiya 110C 067. Discount Merchant.com is the only place i found a similar thermostat but their part number is UI2 uchiya 110c 069, for a sony for $30. The tech at Discount merchant said its not compatible, but i thought the last 3 numbers were only lot numbers. What do you think?
post #7 of 7 Old 02-11-2011, 04:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

If it is for another manufacture, I wouldn't use it.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page