White Dot Mitsu 65833 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-18-2011, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The search function is down on the board right now so I dont know if this has been asked before.

Last night an unmoving white dot/square appeared in the middle of the picture. It looks to me it maybe a stuck mirror on the chip. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it. I've only had the TV is August 2008.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-20-2011, 10:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Picture?

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-24-2011, 02:44 PM

Hope you have a service contract. These dots will multiply. I just had mine picked up by the service company on Monday with 18 dots, and returned today. They replaced the light engine. It's expensive.. There's a thread on this problem on this forum: The Defective Mitsubishi DLP TV Owners Thread . (not sure how to link this) Good luck.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

No service contract I contacted Mitsu. They told me to have a Dealer come out and look at it. The service guy came out and said the light engine is falling and it would be very expensive. To Mitsu's credit they told me it was not worth fixing and offered me a new 65838 for a modest charge. I'm think about seeing if they would upgrade me to a 73 for a little more money.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-04-2011, 04:58 PM

Liked: 11
I just fixed mine. Had ~15 random white dots and 4 black. You can get the DLP Chip, DMD board and DLP chip, or the whole light engine. I just ordered the DLP chip from TVLampsforLess and got it in a couple of days and was very easy to replace. Now no speckles. I had a 3 yr extended warranty but it ran out 6 months ago. Sigh!
post #6 of 7 Old 04-05-2011, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

The offer Mitsu gave me for either a 65838 of a 73738 was less than I could find a light engine for and certainly much much less than the cost to have the Dealer replace the light engine. All in all I think the treatment I have received is head and shoulders above what I have gotten from most companies.

I just hope I'm not facing the same issue 3 years from now; no one else makes large TVs (main stream makers) and the TV is in a large ( we sit 17 feet away from the TV) living room that is very bright and open and because of the odd angles of the room there is no way a projector would work.

PS I'm waiting for delivery of the new TV and I now have 8 white dots in the middle of the screen and lots and lots of black and grey dots
post #7 of 7 Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Kabuto; thanks for that find. Link added to my 'Repair" thread.
The cost for the DMD ($350) isn't that far from the whole LE assembly (dealer cost direct from Mits after dud return). $430 for the DMD board.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page