I run a Key Digital Leeza to my Pioneer 510, feeding it 540p via RGBHV
Yes it is overkill but here are my reasons:
1) Price was too good to pass up
3) SDI input (have a Panny RP91 w/ SDI)
4) DVI output
5) Firmware upgrades via RS232 port
6) Key Digital's customer service
7) With its flexibilty, I'm ready for that future front projector.
Vigatec Dune with a Barco Retrographics 801s. (It also drives a 50" plasma.) I used to use a Faroudja VP-400 for the Barco. Using a scaler on this class of projector is not overkill. However, given that this is basically a Barco 801s Graphics chassis inside a rear projector assembly (using 8" tubes), my experience may not scale to a consumer rear projector using 7" tubes.
I'm waiting for my Omega One to be delivered.It will be used with a Sony 61hs10.I watch a lot of satellite so DCDi will do a much better job than DRC(night and day from what I've read).Also,I will now have 3:2 pulldown which my generation of DRC lacks.