2011 Mitsubishi 3D DLP Owners Thread (740/840 series) - Page 137 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 34Likes

post #4081 of 4083 Old 11-20-2016, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by lu_alum View Post
First time poster... forgive me if this has already been asked & answered...

I have a 73840 and have changed bulbs several times in the past without issue. Recently had a red light inidicator, so I changed the bulb. However, after bulb replacement, I'm still getting a red light. The only way I can get the TV to work is to either unplug or do the 10-second reset via the power button.

Any suggestions? I've seen some mention of a ballast problem in my online research. That appears to be more than I care to bite off, but want to get feedback prior to calling for a service tech.

Thanks in advance...

I'd be willing to bet that you didn't buy the lamp from Mitsubishi. These lamps are not like light bulbs. They need to match the specs of your chassis model. Any aftermarket lamp you buy is a crap shoot as to compatibility with the TV, with many being cheaply made Chinese knockoffs. If the lamp is out of spec, the computer in the TV will fault out. Hopefully, it hasn't damaged your TV. Don't do anything until you replace the lamp with a genuine Mitsubishi lamp. https://mitsuparts.3diamonds.com/Pro...Model/WD-73840

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 4083 Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone explain the red, blue and green high and low settings in advanced mode? I am sitting here for 1 hour and I can NOT find anything about this. This is ridiculous. I am so pissed I can't even explain it.
I have a calibration dvd and i want to mess around each color. There is no way to get the color right with blue filter. Flashing boxes will be either too dark or too bright if I just adjust the color setting itself
post #4083 of 4083 Old Today, 01:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSOCSO View Post
Can anyone explain the red, blue and green high and low settings in advanced mode? I am sitting here for 1 hour and I can NOT find anything about this. This is ridiculous. I am so pissed I can't even explain it.
I have a calibration dvd and i want to mess around each color. There is no way to get the color right with blue filter. Flashing boxes will be either too dark or too bright if I just adjust the color setting itself
Can't use advanced mode effectively without a meter. Using the filters, shoot for something in between the two extremes. Doesn't the manual explain Perfect Color / Perfect Tint?

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb
_____________________ http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/auger-handle/ ____________________________
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Plasma Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv