Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 3969 Old 10-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5/SS View Post

Thanks Lbear. Yeah, I should have sai it was a Best Buy with a Magnolia Hifi in it haha. It's where I bought my SC-35 and my 65" Mitsubishi Dimond DLP a few years ago.

If you are near an HHGregg, they sell them and have them in store to check out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 3969 Old 10-26-2011, 08:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianspears View Post

I recently got the 73740 and the picture is grainy on some things I've tried adjusting the sharpness and that doesn't work, anyone have any suggestions. Also does any one have an custom picture settings.

You will get not so good results playing some content on these new display units. Weither its Plasma, LED, Rear projection, or anything else. The older the quality film the worse it will be. For eample, The Brady Bunch, Cheers, ect ect will almost be unwatchable on the new Tech. With you saying you are seeing this grainyness sometimes, I would say it is the source devise content.
post #663 of 3969 Old 10-27-2011, 06:10 AM

Well, my 82840 is all new again. The tech had to replace the main board. Does anyone know if the auto updates have gone out to anyone with the 840 series automatically. I won't do the manual update again.
post #664 of 3969 Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 AM

Guys I just took possession of a 82740, anyhow it has a few black spots on the screen, and to the left side has a darker smudge looking area, maybe half of size of my fist. My guess is that all of this is dust or similar on the glass or bulb but how would I go about cleaning this? To be honest I had a similar issue a week ago when I received the first tv, but it was slightly worse, and they scheduled a swap. its frustrating that I cant seem to get a 100% perfect television set

If I can clean it and be okay I would much prefer that
Please let me know what you all think

Thanks
post #665 of 3969 Old 10-27-2011, 08:11 AM

I forgot to mention its definitely on the inside of the screen (or on bulb, etc). I checked the outside of screen and not anything on it
post #666 of 3969 Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 PM

Just to put this issue to bed, I found on the Mitsubishi web site a nice chart on 3D capabilities of Mitsu DLP Tv's.

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/pdf/MEV...ix_Oct2011.pdf

The chart clearly states the following:

740, 840, A94
3D:
(3D Adapter and
3D Emitter are built-in)
3DG-X103 3D Glasses
(1 pair of 3D Glasses)
For additional glasses:
purchase 3DG-X103
(1 pair of 3D Glasses)

So for anyone Claiming that the 2011 Mitsubishi TV OUTPUT 3D in anything other than Checkerboard are dreaming. All they have done is build the converter into the TV. So it will take any type of 3D format and convert it to checkerboard inside the TV.

No it does not OUTPUT with Frame Packing, but it can convert a Frame Packing signal to Checkerboard internally without a converter box.

Here's another link that explains all this in detail.
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/3D.html#sub_3_4

Oh, and same goes for the Laservue.
post #667 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 06:38 AM

Question - Is there a way to remove the front platform plastic thing on the 82740? I can wiggle it but dont see a way to pop it off. Im referring to the bottom of the stand where it has a 4" lip that comes forward.

Thanks
post #668 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 AM

Hi,
I am a newbie to the forum,
Need to decide on a WD82840 or a Samsung Plasma PN 64D8000
Will be hooking up to Directv.
Want to show the wife the 82 inch Mitsubishi, I do not think it is too big, but she thinks you need a thin screen to be in the 21st century.
Will be replacing a ten year old Sony 65 inch crt.
Love the picture in local store of 82840 but am concerned about brightness.
post #669 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Welcome to the forum Gerard. My friend and I spent the last year going over the pros and cons of DLP vs. Plasma. After his wife saw the massive size screen, she dropped the Artsy fartsy flat panel ****. Depends how much light are we talking about in this area?
Past weekend I just helped said friend get his 82840 setup(heavier than I thought!) in a family room that overlooked a lake with big bay windows and a fireplace in the middle of the backwall of the room. Yep, we spent some money on some auto-blinds (remote controlled), took care of reflection from outside/fireplace and his lightening wasn't bad inside in the first place. He is like me and turns the lights out in the house when its TV time, so reflection isn't an issue now. Tv is to the side of the fireplace, no reflection there to worry about. Just take your time to figure the best possible solution for your room. And yes, BIGGER IS BETTER. lol

The only problem I had is I shouldn't have helped him. Now I want to sell my 73640 for the bigger/better screen.

Cool Beans.
post #670 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 09:17 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
"No it does not OUTPUT with Frame Packing, but it can convert a Frame Packing signal to Checkerboard internally without a converter box."

Technically no TV OUTPUTs 3D or Frame Packing. Output is a signal going from one device to another. The TV "displays" not outputs. However no TV displays Frame Packing either since Frame Packing is not a display format, it is a signal format ONLY. It is a signal where a single frame has either 1920 x 2205 pixels sent at 24 frames per second (called Frame Packing 1080p) or 1280 x 1470 pixels sent at 60 frames per second (called Frame Packing 720p). In Europe there is also a 50 frame per second version of the 720p.

Yes the Mitsubishi TVs convert this to a checkerboard format which is a display format and can be a signal format. Other TVs also convert Frame Packing to their native 3D display format - some are frame sequential (these are the ones that claim "Full HD 3D) and others are line interleve (this is the passive format for some LED LCD models).

"Question - Is there a way to remove the front platform plastic thing on the 82740? I can wiggle it but dont see a way to pop it off. Im referring to the bottom of the stand where it has a 4" lip that comes forward."

It is likely that is just covering other structural parts that keep the TV from tipping forward. A TV that passes UL safety regs need to be able to pass tip over tests which tests the TVs on an incline. If the front lip it is easy to remove for average consumers, then it would need to pass the tip over test without that front lip.
post #671 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 11:13 AM

GEP,
Youre right. I did further inspecting and the cover is plastic and jiggles. This probably can be removed, however under it is a metal frame which doesnt appear to come off. No biggie

Thanks!
post #672 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by K5/SS View Post

I went to three stores today looking to see the 82" and the 92" in person but none of the stores had them. I went to Best Buy, Video Only and Magnolia Hifi....... I did see the new Sharp 80" LCD, the picture was great but they wanted $5,000, that's out of my price range.

I am having a stand made but the shortest that I can go is 19" to fit all of my components. Is that too tall for the 82"?

19 is not optimal... 14-15 would be optimal. 19 will do.

Just another blank signature.
post #673 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 02:06 PM

I got a private message asking about my post, specifically if separates (amp and pre/pro separate) was a good idea at the $2k price range. Here is my reply :

I was pondering the same question a while back, and everything I read pointed to separates at the $2k and above budget level.

Looking at the 120lb UPA-7 vs the big receivers out there, I don't see how they can compete. The UPA-7 has a huge power source (torroidal transformer) and 7 completely separate paths for the sound (see emotiva website product screenshots, if they are still there (I think they discontinued the product) -you can see the 7 separate boards). A lot of the receivers are rated for 120 watts per channel but don't really deserve that rating - the Emotiva is rated at 125 Watts per Channel but they are conservative in their ratings and from what I read actually push out more.

I can definitely recommend the Emotiva UMC-1, now at $499, or you could wait for the XMC-1, the follow-up, which is coming out soon and has all sorts of upgrades and will probably go for $699 (since I have the old UMC-1 which was not 3d compatible, I read somewhere that I will have to get a HDMI splitter to run the signal from my PS3 to the TV in order to watch 3D, as a work around). Cool thing about Emotiva, I'll be able to get the XMC-1 for 1/2 price - all Emotiva buyers are given that rate on follow-up purchases.

I love the UMC-1, especially for the audio processing - amazing sound stage. and when I did the tests using the Oppo Blue Ray, the video processing on the UMC-1 was superior to the processing in the Mitsu itself (upscaling, etc). I did read that the latest Marantz receiver does a better job with video processing (but not the audio), but I doubt it is noticeable since my current picture from all sources, including 480i TV, is awesome.

The other advantage of splitting up the duties is, if you get a good amp, you don't have to touch it for years....just upgrade your processor as required, when a new standard comes out (like 3D, new audio, etc). I don't know how they'll get better than Master Audio or TrueHD - it is so clear and is already lossless - but I'm sure they'll think of something.

I have the UPA-7 which Emotiva doesn't sell anymore, so I can't recommend where to go for the amp, but for $1300 you should be able to pick up a great 7 channel amp. The UPA-7 was $699.

Yeah love my Polks. My Denon 80 wps receiver was underpowering them, I realize now - amazing clarity and depth (headroom) with the UPA-7 125 wps. Huge difference. I kept my surrounds on the Denon so I could bi-amp the front three, but that was a big mistake....when I put the surrounds thru the UPA-7 (by taking away the bi-amp on the center channel) the difference was HUGE - now they really sing. Didn't realize it could make such a difference. Don't listen to posts on this forum and elsewhere that you can power your surrounds using a different source, that the microphone-based equalization will correct for the differences. Those surround channels are SO noticeable now, whereas going thru the Denon they were not.

Good luck !
post #674 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdebator View Post

I have the UPA-7 which Emotiva doesn't sell anymore, so I can't recommend where to go for the amp, but for $1300 you should be able to pick up a great 7 channel amp. The UPA-7 was $699.

Looks like if you want to stick with Emotiva for a 7 channel system you have to buy the 5 channel XPA-5 and a 2 channel XPA-2.

Personally I think a 5.1 system is fine for 99% of people out there. I know its good enough for me. My brother has a 9.1 system and i dont think it sounds any better than a 5.1 system. personally, i think nothing more than a 5.1 is needed unless you have a really long room where you need more coverage. im sure alot of yall will object to that thinking, but thats just my opinion. Gotta love the Emotiva stuff though. really top quality gear.

XMC-1 Pics I found.

Looks pretty amazing to me.
post #675 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 10:38 PM

Over 19" is too high. I have mine on a 17.5" high stand - it's an awesome piece, plenty of room for my 8" high center speaker, huge UPA-7 amp (21" deep), UMC-1 Pre-pro, xbox, ps3, appleTV, and cable box, with a shelf left over for controllers and dvd's - check it out - adjustable shelves - Plateau 75 Inch SR-V TV Stand in Espresso Item# PLAT010 Sale Price: $879 (they are located in Franklin TN and very nice to deal with). I searched long and hard for a unit that was low but also had the big space for both my big center channel and my huge amp.

Plateau advertises 19" high, but they don't tell you there are decorative spacers they are adding in the screw on legs, which, if you simply don't use them (this is a self-assemble unit), gets you down to 17.5".

Anyway, on that stand the actual TV screen starts at 25" off the floor, and ends at 65" off the floor. So the exact center of the TV is 45" off the floor ! Most viewing guides recommend your eyes be at the center or slightly higher. For movie theaters, they recommend you sit at eye level of the actors on face shots, which is actually 3/4 up the screen.

Also...if you sit lower, you'll not only be at sub-optimal viewing from an aesthetic standpoint, but you'll start to get some screen darkening. When I moved my head down just 1.5' from its current viewing position, I started to see some screen darkening....it's just not made to be viewed at that angle. This conforms with what others have written in this forum - vertical angle issues.

Not sure why, but the side-to-side viewing is awesome on this TV - I had to walk almost even with the TV before I saw picture degradation....so for some reason the vertical angle is more critical.
post #676 of 3969 Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 PM

go to a movie theater - it's not over-saturated, glossy, etc like you see in the LCD and PLASMA tv's. buying a home projector, whether it is front of the screen or behind it, is the closest thing to a movie experience you will get.

I use the BRILLIANT setting on my 82740 when my wife wants that glossy fix she is used to on our Sony Bravia 40" LCD, but I change it back when she's gone....more realistic.
post #677 of 3969 Old 10-29-2011, 03:13 AM

Here are some more pics of my brand new WD-82740, this time taken with a Sony CyberShot 7.2 Megapixel....they were 3072x2304 but I couldn't upload them at that size, so here they are within the avsforum limits of 1280x800.

The movie is the Hubble Telescope BluRay.

They were all taken at night, so the ones that are kinda bright are flash, and the flash washes the screen out a bit (and in the case of one, puts a flash in the middle of the screen).

Better resolution than the ones I posted before from my IPhone, but still don't do the clarity justice.

This also shows the Plateau 75 Inch SR-V TV Stand in Espresso, which I was able to get down to 17.5" by not using the spacers they provide for the feet. Got from Franklin, TN within 10 days.

My setup:
Mitsubishi WD 82740 82” DLP
Emotiva UMC-1 AV Processor / Preamp 2011/$699
Emotiva UPA7 7 Ch Amp 2011/$699 125w/ch
Cisco RNG200 Comcast/XFinity DVR 2009
Speakers:
Polk Audio Rti10 Front R/L $569ea 90db
Polk Audio CSi5 Center 2009/$249 89db MSRP$479
Polk Audio Fxi-A4 Surround R/L 2009/$279/pr 88db MSRP$449
Martin-Logan Descent 3x10" 400W $600 (Craigslist) Subwoofer MSRP $2500
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #678 of 3969 Old 10-29-2011, 03:29 AM

yeah too bad the XMC-1 isn't out yet !!!

The UMC-1 at $499 is an amazing deal, though....for 3D you just have to run your BluRay HDMI thru a splitter to give the TV the raw feed, or wait until Jan 2012 (so Emotiva says) for the 3D-capabable UMC-1 (it will be higher than $499).

I agree with you about the 5.1. With the 7.1 amp, I am able to bi-amp my fronts in my 5.1 setup....but I have the UPA-7 which pushes 125 watts per channel. The UPA-5 5-channel amp isn't listed on their website anymore. The XPA-5 is listed, and it pushes 200 watts per channel....plenty of power. My bi-amping is passive anyway (whole range goes thru both channels and the passive crossovers in the speakers are still active) - mostly I did it for the extra umph, which the XPA-5 has in spades already.

Amazing that for $1400 (UMC-1 plus XPA-5) you could get a pre/pro/amp setup that easily matches up against the high fi setups at twice that price. (no I don't work for these guys, but you'll find there are many of us out there, loyal fans...)
post #679 of 3969 Old 10-29-2011, 07:36 AM

masterdebator, whats the stand brand and model?
post #680 of 3969 Old 10-29-2011, 07:36 AM

sorry nm i see where you wrote it
post #681 of 3969 Old 10-29-2011, 10:55 PM

Hello all,

I just received my new 82840 and I can barely read the text on the screen at 1920x1080. The uniformity is terrible. I have a pc hooked up via HDMI with the tv at 1920x1080 and some text is blurry and some text is acceptable. Do you think tsomething is wrong with the tv? Or are DLPs just not good computer monitors?
post #682 of 3969 Old 10-30-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post

Hello all,

I just received my new 82840 and I can barely read the text on the screen at 1920x1080. The uniformity is terrible. I have a pc hooked up via HDMI with the tv at 1920x1080 and some text is blurry and some text is acceptable. Do you think tsomething is wrong with the tv? Or are DLPs just not good computer monitors?

Have your tried to increase your text size at all? You can also increase the size of icons and the text within the icons. Also depending on your video card, ATI here, you can play around with the pixel format which makes some difference.
I have my pc connected to my 92" and have my custom text size set to 180%,
which is perfect for me when sitting 12 feet away. Also have a mouse with 2 extra buttons that I have set to zoom in and out on web pages as needed.
And if you are using Firefox go into the settings and change the font size it also makes a difference.
Using this big sets for computer monitors isn't always perfect like a regular computer monitor but since connecting my pc to my tv in the last year I used the computer more that I ever did before and I still use it as my full time pc not just a HTPC.
post #683 of 3969 Old 10-30-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:

yeah too bad the XMC-1 isn't out yet !!!

The UMC-1 at $499 is an amazing deal, though....for 3D you just have to run your BluRay HDMI thru a splitter to give the TV the raw feed, or wait until Jan 2012 (so Emotiva says) for the 3D-capabable UMC-1 (it will be higher than $499).

I agree with you about the 5.1. With the 7.1 amp, I am able to bi-amp my fronts in my 5.1 setup....but I have the UPA-7 which pushes 125 watts per channel. The UPA-5 5-channel amp isn't listed on their website anymore. The XPA-5 is listed, and it pushes 200 watts per channel....plenty of power. My bi-amping is passive anyway (whole range goes thru both channels and the passive crossovers in the speakers are still active) - mostly I did it for the extra umph, which the XPA-5 has in spades already.

Amazing that for $1400 (UMC-1 plus XPA-5) you could get a pre/pro/amp setup that easily matches up against the high fi setups at twice that price. (no I don't work for these guys, but you'll find there are many of us out there, loyal fans...)

Thanks for the responses. I have always used a standard A/V receiver, current Yamaha RX-A3000, and have never learned anything about using amp/processor. I just have a 5.1 setup and will never add to that in the future, I have listened to 7.1 and 9.1 setups and can't tell that there's that much difference and also don't have the space for it as well.
So from what I see most people using is a video processor and a separate amp. I keep seeing references to Bi Amping and have no idea what that is or should I be doing that. Most of my use comes from movies and tv, I don't have a stand alone audio player as all my music is either from my pc playing mp3's or music videos which I want to listen too in 2 channel mode. Everything else is either DTS, Dolby or HD Audio when playing back blu-ray content.
Thanks for input.
post #684 of 3969 Old 10-30-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:

go to a movie theater - it's not over-saturated, glossy, etc like you see in the LCD and PLASMA tv's. buying a home projector, whether it is front of the screen or behind it, is the closest thing to a movie experience you will get.

I use the BRILLIANT setting on my 82740 when my wife wants that glossy fix she is used to on our Sony Bravia 40" LCD, but I change it back when she's gone....more realistic.

I agree. Projector front ir rear is closest to a movie theater experience. Anyone know if the new Mitsubishi 92" inch screen gives a glossy lcd screen or is it like the older film- like models?
post #685 of 3969 Old 10-30-2011, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCL68 View Post

I agree. Projector front ir rear is closest to a movie theater experience. Anyone know if the new Mitsubishi 92" inch screen gives a glossy lcd screen or is it like the older film- like models?

The screen is very reflective when the set is off, but not in a bad way, in my opinion. On, the picture looks like other DLPs, but with the best clarity and detail I have seen so far. I have been watching a lot of football this weekend and using those to continue to tweak the picture, and I think it looks amazing--miles better than my 73833, and it had an excellent picture. A couple of earlier posters had commented on an almost 3D effect when watching HD on this set. I see it too. I have thought it is a characteristic of rear projection sets, in general, where an illusion of viewing depth is created by having the color wheel and light source located well behind the screen. Here, with the clear contrast screen and light source even further back, the slight 3D illusion is enhanced. I think the screen allows a very natural look, but with superior clarity.
post #686 of 3969 Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post

The screen is very reflective when the set is off, but not in a bad way, in my opinion. On, the picture looks like other DLPs, but with the best clarity and detail I have seen so far. I have been watching a lot of football this weekend and using those to continue to tweak the picture, and I think it looks amazing--miles better than my 73833, and it had an excellent picture. A couple of earlier posters had commented on an almost 3D effect when watching HD on this set. I see it too. I have thought it is a characteristic of rear projection sets, in general, where an illusion of viewing depth is created by having the color wheel and light source located well behind the screen. Here, with the clear contrast screen and light source even further back, the slight 3D illusion is enhanced. I think the screen allows a very natural look, but with superior clarity.

The 3D effect you are referring to is because of good contrast and grayscale accuracy. If you have it calibrated, it can be even more amazing.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #687 of 3969 Old 10-31-2011, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfpilf View Post

Hello all,

I just received my new 82840 and I can barely read the text on the screen at 1920x1080.

Turn off geometry correction. This is usually not a plus. You might get straighter edges... might not with it on, but geometry correction is a kludge. Geometry correction on is the default. It screws up one to one and can make a mess out of text. Geometery correction breaks one to one pixel matching.

If the text is still blurry with geometry correction off, also turn off any sharpening. If it is still bad I suggest replacement. The clear screens are much sharper than the matte screens and my 82837 has very readable text. Also make sure you are not using scaling to size the desktop.. this makes for ugly text to. I can get away with it when my video processor scales the screen but it looks crappy when the video card and driver do it. Even with the very high quality scaling of the video processor it negatively impacts the image. I only use scaling for maintenance tasks, I have scaling of any kind off whenever I am viewing content. Beware Windows Media Center will also scale (think of scaling as damaging the image.) With no scaling you will get overscan, that is as it should be to get one to one pixel matching. The settings in WMC are confusing and will scale if you don't select the right TV setup option. Choose flat panel, I know it is not intuitive but it the right choice. That is the one to one mode in WMC.

post #688 of 3969 Old 10-31-2011, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray View Post

Turn off geometry correction. This is usually not a plus. You might get straighter edges... might not with it on, but geometry correction is a kludge. Geometry correction on is the default. It screws up one to one and can make a mess out of text. Geometery correction breaks one to one pixel matching.

If the text is still blurry with geometry correction off, also turn off any sharpening. If it is still bad I suggest replacement. The clear screens are much sharper than the matte screens and my 82837 has very readable text. Also make sure you are not using scaling to size the desktop.. this makes for ugly text to. I can get away with it when my video processor scales the screen but it looks crappy when the video card and driver do it. Even with the very high quality scaling of the video processor it negatively impacts the image. I only use scaling for maintenance tasks, I have scaling of any kind off whenever I am viewing content. Beware Windows Media Center will also scale (think of scaling as damaging the image.) With no scaling you will get overscan, that is as it should be to get one to one pixel matching. The settings in WMC are confusing and will scale if you don't select the right TV setup option. Choose flat panel, I know it is not intuitive but it the right choice. That is the one to one mode in WMC.

gtgray:

I am curious about your comments above...

This was posted a few months ago:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post20877192

I tried a similar test with a JPG file on my PS3, and found similar results.

I have NOT done any geometry corrections on my set. Are you saying that there are geometry corrections already "turned on" by default? And these are in the service menu - not in the picture settings, correct?

Thanks
post #689 of 3969 Old 10-31-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post

I agree with you about how much better the picture is on these models, I had my 82837 calibrated and after some minor tweaks to this 92840 it already has a better picture. To me with the new screen its like the DLP has taken a whole other direction in picture. My old set was great but going from the matte screen to this one its like there was some sort of film covering the screen that has now been removed.
post #690 of 3969 Old 10-31-2011, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post

gtgray:

I am curious about your comments above...

This was posted a few months ago:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post20877192

I tried a similar test with a JPG file on my PS3, and found similar results.

I have NOT done any geometry corrections on my set. Are you saying that there are geometry corrections already "turned on" by default? And these are in the service menu - not in the picture settings, correct?

Thanks

Mits has alwasy used geometry correction and they are always in the Service Menu. If you can find a copy of the Service Manual either online or elsewhere there will be a section on setting up geometry correction. It is on by default and it destroys one to one pixel matching. Basically it causes a loss of resolution.

I can't say authoratatively that geometery correction exists on the 92840 but it would simply be astonishing if were not there.

It is the way Mits does things. Before Samsung stopped making DLPs.. they had a user menu item, JustScan and that put the set in one to one pixel matching. The 92840 is very sharp and should be even sharper with geometry correction off assuming it has it.

The set may not be as square but that is usually the choice you make. You give a little bit on squareness for the benefits of one to one pixel matching.. if you are not using a PC then it might not be worth it. The only way to really tell is to turn it off and see.

Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Mitsubishi , Plasma Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page